Preview Round 23, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval | Sunday, 22 August @ 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Zero football knowledge
You've made a fool of yourself in the GDT and The Autopsy thread.
Going for 3/3 hey?

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

LOL tempering expectations and not engaging in the pick 1 circle-jerk is making a fool of myself is it? I understand you miss having Tef around but that doesn't mean you have to take up the mantle of self-appointed arbiter of football knowledge in his wake.

The football 'facts' are that we have lost our last 3 games by an average margin of 22pts against 2nd, 11th & 6th. Adelaide have lost their last 3 by an average margin of 31pts against 4th, 3rd & 1st. This means we are both in bad form (shocking I know!) and while we are theoretically in slightly better form than them, we have also never won at the Adelaide oval (fun fact: our average losing margin at AO is 45 points).

The football 'facts' are that we broke even in the midfield last time (with Cunners) and still lost by 41pts. We have no Cunners this time and with the exception of Jed our midfield is extremely young and tiring after a long season, while Adelaide have a settled mature line-up of Sloane (who didn't play last time), Laird & Keays who attend most of their centre bounces - all of whom are in very good form (Laird in particular has had a monster season).

So yeah, excuse me if I don't exactly think it's a given that we smash them by 10 goals.

LOL tempering expectations and not engaging in the pick 1 circle-jerk is making a fool of myself is it? I understand you miss having Tef around but that doesn't mean you have to take up the mantle of self-appointed arbiter of football knowledge in his wake.

The football 'facts' are that we have lost our last 3 games by an average margin of 22pts against 2nd, 11th & 6th. Adelaide have lost their last 3 by an average margin of 31pts against 4th, 3rd & 1st. This means we are both in bad form (shocking I know!) and while we are theoretically in slightly better form than them, we have also never won at the Adelaide oval (fun fact: our average losing margin at AO is 45 points).

The football 'facts' are that we broke even in the midfield last time (with Cunners) and still lost by 41pts. We have no Cunners this time and with the exception of Jed our midfield is extremely young and tiring after a long season, while Adelaide have a settled mature line-up of Sloane (who didn't play last time), Laird & Keays who attend most of their centre bounces - all of whom are in very good form (Laird in particular has had a monster season).

So yeah, excuse me if I don't exactly think it's a given that we smash them by 10 goals.

🤣 You’re absolutely 100% correct Dr. Z. However, you seem to be way out of kilter with regard to the general positivity around the team’s improvement graph. Also, for once, it’s not just the North faithful who are on board. Nothing is guaranteed - that goes without saying. However, a path forward is well defined already. As for this weekend’s game, it’s a lottery, as far as I’m concerned. Will Adelaide even want to win?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will you still post here DERRINALPHIL?
We could discuss poetry if you want?
Prefer to discuss Mozart concertos (18th piano is my favourite)but seriously Atley has been a whipping boy for so long. He's a good ordinary footballer and I can understand why he cops heats of abuse but the wooden spoon isn't his fault. Well not entirely.

Prefer to discuss Mozart concertos (18th piano is my favourite)but seriously Atley has been a whipping boy for so long. He's a good ordinary footballer and I can understand why he cops heats of abuse but the wooden spoon isn't his fault. Well not entirely.
People move on to others, who do you think will be next?

We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas! Our dried voices, when
We whisper together
Are quiet and meaningless As wind in dry grass
or rats' feet over broken glass In our dry cellar
“When, in disgrace with fortune and men’s eyes,
I all alone beweep my outcast state,
And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,
And look upon myself and curse my fate,
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featured like him, like him with friends possessed,
Desiring this man’s art and that man’s scope
With what I most enjoy contented least;
Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,
Haply I think on thee, and then my state”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That being said, we are mostly playing well and Noble has made it very clear he wants players playing a role
guessing Atu is a back and we go small with Spicer
north by 18 points

Be pretty funny if GWS got the higher pick that Collingwood traded away and we don’t bid on Daicos.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It would be even better if GWS bid on Daicos.....Pass the lube first & be gentle about it of course.

When he is good he is very very good
But when he is bad he is horrid
V Sydney at least 3 goals directly attributable to him
Does good stuff but game has gone past him.

Noble's game plan is to take the game on & go though the corridor
Places the two most penetrating kicks (Ziebell & Hall) in defence....both for distance & speed of kick.
North improves to one of the best backline to forward 50 teams in the comp
North improves to one of the best backline to scoring chain teams in the comp

Supporters super excited when it comes off.....cant see forest for tress when it fails.

Its a high risk kick its going to get picked off on occasion's deal with it.

Places the two most penetrating kicks (Ziebell & Hall) in defence....both for distance & speed of kick.

Supporters super excited when it comes off.....cant see forest for tress when it fails.

You’ve got your forest and trees mixed up. Someone put up the stats of scores generated v scores conceded with ball in hand and JZ was the worst in the comp.

a week late.
Changing the subject.

And this is why Noble has stated that Hall needs support back there - he can't do it all himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back