Autopsy Round 3, 2021: Essendon v St.Kilda *STEELE 100TH* *CLARK 50TH* *CROUCH DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Hill
Mckenzie
Mckernan
Battle
Long
Butler
Gresham (inj)

OUT

If we have seven fit players that are not this lot then,

IN

It’s hard to know where to go from here . I saw Marshall on the way out and told him we need him back . But really it’s been Ryder taking a break that’s been our undoing. Our Centre clearances were 2 - 10 in the second quarter. Game over there . Uncontested for them going inside 50 compared to us kicking to a pack inside 50. It seems this new game plan has killed us

Honestly I kind of feel for some of the players. Ratten has just totally failed to see where the game was going with the rule change.

Why is it so crowded when we go inside 50 when the rest of the league is leaving their 50 open?

Why is McKernan playing as our deepest forward so often when FF's a kicking bags this year?

Why does our defensive system seem totally unable to prevent opposition teams from kicking at goal?

We're a mess and a lot of our players are better than what is being shown, but they don't coach the system.
If you're not guaranteed control of the ball, you're not guaranteed a chance at scoring.

This garbage is ruining my day and will likely ruin the entire weekend.

I'm not one to throw in the towel, but even Paddy coming back can't disguise this total failure on a coaching, selecting and playing level. Whole club needs an uppercut and I reckon it will take us weeks to recover.

Next games are West Coast, Richmond and Port Adelaide, but realistically if a second rate team like the Bombers can do this to us, then it doesn't matter who we play we'll lose.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrk

As bad as it gets. Takes you back to the dark days after what seemed to be a turned corner. It’s still early and things can turn, but gross. I’m scared we’ve gone down the top up path and haven’t nailed it. Teams that have gone to the draft in recent years look the more sharp sides around.

But for us; we’ve:

1617435907316.gif

Dunstan probably sitting home pissing himself laughing

Brad Crouch....LOL....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year we were a fast team with fast players, for some reason we went away from that particularly in the forward line. Ball just waltzes out of there on the rare occasion it goes in.

Serious defensive issues.

As bad as it gets. Takes you back to the dark days after what seemed to be a turned corner. It’s still early and things can turn, but gross. I’m scared we’ve gone down the top up path and haven’t nailed it. Teams that have gone to the draft in recent years look the more sharp sides around.

But for us; we’ve:

View attachment 1093142
We have done a lolnorf

Well at least Bytel should get a good run in our midfield now, he'd better than some of our overrated big name mids like Jones, Crouch and Hill.

Looking forward to the young gun mid we will get with pick 2, we'll probably finish ahead of North but that's about it, we are a deadset rabble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back