Autopsy Round 3, 2023: Positives and Negatives vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont Accuse Me Glass House GIF by Snowfall

This you?

7F1C95A8-8B1B-4AAB-BE5A-9B2CB09E7849.jpeg

It’s time you turned Pav, you know you want to

Will Schofield reckons we’re cooked for the season: too many senior players injured. He’s right, I think. But I guess we’ll get to see what the kids are made of, and whether the mid-tier blokes can take the next step. SPS’s best game in Eagles colours, I reckon. And keep dumping on me all you like, but I reckon JJ is very average: all icing, no cake.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tim Kelly has had a very good start to the season. Pleasing to see.

Will Schofield reckons we’re cooked for the season: too many senior players injured.

We were "cooked" anyway - an above-average mark would have been pulling ourselves out of the bottom 4, but that's probably unlikely with the severity of the injury ledger. We were never anywhere near it this year.

A push for finals is at least 2 more seasons, 2 top 10 picks and a gameplan change away. Until then we just have to hope the kids come on ok.

We were "cooked" anyway - an above-average mark would have been pulling ourselves out of the bottom 4, but that's probably unlikely with the severity of the injury ledger. We were never anywhere near it this year.

A push for finals is at least 2 more seasons, 2 top 10 picks and a gameplan change away. Until then we just have to hope the kids come on ok.
I think the game plan has changed already the problem is consistency and who on the list can do it well. Basically because of availability last year being s**t we are in year 1 of implementing it on gameday.

Will Schofield reckons we’re cooked for the season: too many senior players injured. He’s right, I think. But I guess we’ll get to see what the kids are made of, and whether the mid-tier blokes can take the next step. SPS’s best game in Eagles colours, I reckon. And keep dumping on me all you like, but I reckon JJ is very average: all icing, no cake.

The lack of cake isn’t his fault, it’s a team game. He’s improved well last year and showed what he can do when the team actually gets rolling as per last week. At present in a rebuild we are your uptight sister’s gluten free beetroot chocolate cake and no amount of icing can save that sad thing.

I would suggest when we start churning out great red velvets again he’s a pretty decent buttercream and fresh berry combo to top it off quite nicely.

I’m a touch hungry for some reason

The lack of cake isn’t his fault, it’s a team game. He’s improved well last year and showed what he can do when the team actually gets rolling as per last week. At present in a rebuild we are your uptight sister’s gluten free beetroot chocolate cake and no amount of icing can save that sad thing.

I would suggest when we start churning out great red velvets again he’s a pretty decent buttercream and fresh berry combo to top it off quite nicely.

I’m a touch hungry for some reason
Can't believe some people eat cake for the cake. It's all about the icing. Eating the cake is trying to be respectable, like giving your Aunty a kiss on the cheek at Christmas. It's what nice people do. The icing is taking your second cousin around the back of the shed...Beetroot - you just can't.

JJ is a transition player. Had a lot of speed, carry, and line breaking through the midfield against the Lions. But when the real class comes, he'll get phased out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The positives are we will find out about these blokes
"Can Harry Edwards team with Tom Barrass and make it as a long-term key defender? Is Jack Petruccelle ready to cement a place as a permanent small forward? And who out of Jai Culley, Connor West, Greg Clark, Xavier O’Neill and Zane Trew is going to make it as AFL midfielders" - the age

Not certain where the Hewitt Figjam comment is coming from.....surely it's not from the kid loitering on the field at the end of his first game signing autographs and photos!
Looked like he was loving his 1st Derby.

Good on him, offsets some of the misery that has pervaded the joint for the last 2 years.

If’s he still having a ball when we lose in 2 years time will be pissed.

Think we overreached for him but looks to have the tools to be a 200 gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back