Game Day Round 3 Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't expect Kelly to be on the end of a Leon Cameron shun, usually reserved for young guns.

Seeing him start at half forward for some centre bounces last round hurt my soul.
Doesn't help that Taranto seems to hate the bloke and refuses to pass to him, instead opting to kick it 35m down the line to an opposition player 🤮

It kills me not seeing Jelly ton up for what I paid for him and guys like Brayshaw and Ridley are killing it and are cheaper. Last chance saloon for the campaigner. I feel like an abused wife. The love affair is over. 😭

Yes please!...melts would be awesome!
A part of me wants all the guys who went cheap rooks in the ruck to suffer!
..nothing against anyone in here.
Be well friends!
This is how i feel about neale. Alot of my mates aren't that great at supercoach and always have neale as their captain, seeing him score under 100 makes me so happy

This is how i feel about neale. Alot of my mates aren't that great at supercoach and always have neale as their captain, seeing him score under 100 makes me so happy
Me too mate:D
Then I tell em all week they should hold him!

Looking forward to Neale returning to form and new recruit Oliver to add massively to my scoring power. My forwardline reads well this week with dusty and butters down to Impey and warner at spots 5 and 6 and set to make loads of cash. Dow and brockman sit on my forward bench. Campbell is in my midfield.

My backline is s**t but im only playing 1 rookie and that is highmore, just want clark and young to score what they did in round 1 not 2. Although im sitting around 12k i have all the right rookies so im happy with my side as a whole!

Bring it on!

Looking forward to Neale returning to form and new recruit Oliver to add massively to my scoring power. My forwardline reads well this week with dusty and butters down to Impey and warner at spots 5 and 6 and set to make loads of cash. Dow and brockman sit on my forward bench. Campbell is in my midfield.

My backline is sh*t but im only playing 1 rookie and that is highmore, just want clark and young to score what they did in round 1 not 2. Although im sitting around 12k i have all the right rookies so im happy with my side as a whole!

Bring it on!
Doesn't look like Greenwood will come in to tag Neale. Crisp played a lot in the middle last week, so he could get the job on Neale, but it won't be a hard tag. Our midfield got slaughtered vs the Dogs, then we slaughtered the Blues. Grundy going up against kids in the ruck, we could destroy them in the middle. Will be interesting.

Neale will go 70 or 140, I don't reckon there's an in-between at the moment lol

Doesn't look like Greenwood will come in to tag Neale. Crisp played a lot in the middle last week, so he could get the job on Neale, but it won't be a hard tag. Our midfield got slaughtered vs the Dogs, then we slaughtered the Blues. Grundy going up against kids in the ruck, we could destroy them in the middle. Will be interesting.

105 is in-between ;)

O'Connor showed exactly how to play Neale last week, hopefully Crisp was watching.

O'Connor showed exactly how to play Neale last week, hopefully Crisp was watching.
Collingwood need Crisp for his run and attacking style of play. They should not be sacrificing him to tag Neale. They need to find someone else.

Collingwood need Crisp for his run and attacking style of play. They should not be sacrificing him to tag Neale. They need to find someone else.
Or back themselves to win without tagging. Grundy will give them 1st use all night.

They might try to double-team Gawn? Maybe they're worried that Gawn will tear Flynn a new one
Good result for the Flynn at R3-ers. Those with Flynn at R2 might be panicking slightly
Double teaming Gawn is literally pointless with Mumford and Flynn. Mumford won't be able to keep up with Gawn around the ground, and Gawn will still beat them both in the ruck. Plus Lukey Jackson can literally just jump over Mummy. Gawn 150+ coming up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My backline is sh*t but im only playing 1 rookie and that is highmore, just want clark and young to score what they did in round 1 not 2. Although im sitting around 12k i have all the right rookies so im happy with my side as a whole!

Bring it on!
not really sure about the neale returning to form part. Over 700,000 for a player who hasn't scored over 80, good luck with that. Even if he starts scoring 100+ consistently, you're better off with macrae or the bont, save some money, and get some more points.

Double teaming Gawn is literally pointless with Mumford and Flynn. Mumford won't be able to keep up with Gawn around the ground, and Gawn will still beat them both in the ruck. Plus Lukey Jackson can literally just jump over Mummy. Gawn 150+ coming up.
Agree!
Mummy will be dishing out free kicks too.
I still want him(mummy) to play though.
Bring Flynn back to earth a bit...some very cocky blokes running rookies at R2 that need some sort of reality check.
Never have rookie rucks offered so much...probably never will again.

not really sure about the neale returning to form part. Over 700,000 for a player who hasn't scored over 80, good luck with that. Even if he starts scoring 100+ consistently, you're better off with macrae or the bont, save some money, and get some more points.
2 rounds is not a big enough sample size though. It sounds like you are completely dismissing his previous seasons which would suggest that he can easily score over 100, and by a big margin too. His role hasnt changed at all and apart from the injury concern, admittedly it is a tangible concern, there is no way he continues putting up scores of less than 80. Even if he is tagged heavily and with injury issue he will very likely score more than his current average. I think people place way too much importance on how players go in the first 2 rounds. Yes, its crucial for rookies because they dont have a scoring history, but for premiums, the first 2 rounds are actually the least important as the scores dont count for as many price changes as the scores from round 3 onwards. Thats why if Neale scores 150 tomorrow he will be less likely to drop too much in price.

To play devil's advocate, i will say the injury concern is significant and because of that reason i believe trading him has to be considered but if he was fully fit trading him based on 2 scores would be madness in my opinion. Form lines are significant but what is also clear is that the cream will rise to the top, it always does!

Well played, I'll help people out on the big footy forum but if my mates think I'm helping them with their team and we're in the same league, then they're dreaming.

Love this!
I got a real winner here...
my brother(love him dearly) started with Ed bloody Curnow!....and Wingard on the bench!:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Hasn’t given his team anything!
There’s no helping that....next year gonna make it a cash league.

Form lines are significant but what is also clear is that the cream will rise to the top, it always does!
Mostly always does. Cripps was considered cream last year. Held him all year hoping he'd rise. Cream was
past it's use by date. Not saying Neale won't return to normal output but nothing is guaranteed. Still 50/50
on trading him.

Team is all set for this week kentys.

Ranked 10,750 after going up over 19,000 spots last week but I reckon I can at least half my ranking this week and get into the top 5k.

Really happy with the forward line now with Impey and Campbell at F4 and F5. Means I don't have to play Rowe and Scott anymore. 😎👍

Just need Jelly the campaigner to pull his finger out and score 160 odd or he's gone next week.

Bring on round 3 kentlemen and lots of alcohol. 😍🍺

View attachment 1090333
View attachment 1090334

Nice team.

Round 3 Predictions
Neale to bounce back against COLL who will arrogantly not tag
Macrae, Dunkley, and Bont to have a party against North
Tex Walker to struggle against a very good DEF in Sam Collins
Lloyd to be shut down by RICH (fingers crossed)
A.Brayshaw to continue his rich vein of form against CARL
MELB's golden boys to have a day out against the hapless GWS

Can someone set up a poll - want to see just how right (or wrong) is our collective wisdom haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back