Preview Round 3 - Sydney Swans vs GWS, SCG, 18th April, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

The question now becomes the vest.

I don't think you bring sauce in to start in the green. Who does he replace on field apart from mummy? And you don't want to be taking mummy off late in the game.

Wilson showed enough last week to get a full game, but he's still very much a possibility. Who else?

As much as I'd hate to see it, I have the feeling it will be Scully. I would much prefer to have him play a full game, but after Kelly dominated last week and Wilson showed signs, it is hard to imagine anyone else.

If anything, I'd like to see Devon get it just for the week as he hasn't had much output for the first 2 rounds and would be able to tear it up when one of the big men comes off.

Seems that since Sheedy left the club all our social media and general media from the the clubs website has referred to this clash as the sydney derby and the term 'battle of the bridge' has bit the dust.

Their home game. Their promotion. They never liked it. It was called battle of the bridge on League Teams last night though.

Their home game. Their promotion. They never liked it. It was called battle of the bridge on League Teams last night though.

Its our media referring to it as the sydney derby now and the term was the work of sheedy so naturally once he left that term was likely to leave with him. But come round 21 we'll know for sure.

Last edited:
If where going to win we need to tackle and pressure non stop we can't one week have 48 tackles then the next 78 we need to be consistent never stop

If where going to win we need to tackle and pressure non stop we can't one week have 48 tackles then the next 78 we need to be consistent never stop

You can't tackle if you've got the ball;)

If we're laying 100 tackles, it means we don't have much of the pill. I'd be happy with a small tackle count if it's for the right reasons.

Best of luck for tomorrow, aside from the banter and the crap-talking, I really want to see the giants dominate (except against us of course :p)

What happened to hoskin-elliott? love watching him play

Best of luck for tomorrow, aside from the banter and the crap-talking, I really want to see the giants dominate (except against us of course :p)

Injured his should during preseason game. Should be back in the next couple of weeks. Think he is playing NEAFL in his first game back.

Injured his should during preseason game. Should be back in the next couple of weeks. Think he is playing NEAFL in his first game back.
Yep, back on the park tomorrow against Goodes & co after injuring his shoulder in the last preseason game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.sportsbanter.com.au/afl-round-3-sydney-v-gws/
This is my preview of this weeks match. Feel free to have a look and comment. Cheers
Really well balanced and written. A pleasure to read an article like that. Our height will only be an issue when Tippett rests forward. We have Phillips this week, so we'll be able to match Tippett and Pyke around the stoppages. You are right to predict a likely tag for Shiel. If the Swans do go this way, hopefully Treloar or Griff get away. Could see Horse playing AFL Coaching Wack-a-Mole!

Good to hear he's back on the paddock, absolute gun.

Ben McGlynn playing tomorrow?

Damn, this would've been the perfect banner for us;

Poor old Ben McGlynn
Thought he was in like Flynn.
But when your hamstring rips,
It costs you premierships.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back