Preview Round 3 v Sydney MCG Sunday March 31st 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not a huge Hugo fan, but I will admit I have noticed his contest work has definitely improved. Still don't trust his disposal, but I don't trust Kmac's either, so may as well give him one last crack.
Same.. haven’t been a Hugo fan at all and it’s been completely warranted imo..

But he has improved a s**t load in the last 2 vfl games..
Hope it continues

AFL listed player review from the VFL.

Kane McAuliffe (31 disposals, 14 contested possessions, seven inside-50s, six clearances, one goal)

"Had an outstanding game as an inside midfielder and drove the ball inside 50 on a number of occasions. He used the ball well on the day and hit the scoreboard."

Tyler Sonsie (30 disposals, seven marks, six inside-50s, one goal)

"Found a lot of the ball. He probably didn't have his best day from a ball use point of view, but he will be better for the run. It's great to see him back into footy and finding the ball with ease straight away

Hugo Ralphsmith (25 disposals, nine marks, four rebound-50s)

"He's in fantastic form, he's strung a great month together. He's using the ball really well and his run and carry off half-back is really eye catching. His defensive work has improved immensely also."

Sam Naismith (24 disposals, nine clearances, 31 hit-outs, one goal)

"He was fantastic in the ruck, he kicked one of the better goals that you'll see from a ruckman. He had a game-high nine clearances and was a standout on the day."

Kaleb Smith (19 disposals, five marks, three clearances)

"Had his best game for the club. It's great to see him growing in confidence each and every week. He's very diligent at the club working at his game, and he's reaping the rewards from that."

Noah Cumberland (11 disposals, four inside-50s, two marks, two goals)

"Noah has played a couple of very different games over the last couple of weeks. But, the aspect of his game that has really stood out has been his defensive pressure and that's something that we really value and are definitely looking to see him continue to build. It was good to see him getting a little bit of reward on the scoreboard on the weekend, he's trending in a really positive direction.

Jacob Koschitzke (nine disposals, three marks, one goal)

"Seemed to be outnumbered all day, but never gave up. I thought his leadership was important for our young group, and he kicked an important goal for us late in the game to seal the deal."

Steely Green (four disposals, two marks)

"Steely had a much bigger impact on the game than the stat sheet suggests. His forward pressure was immense. He could have easily finished with three or four goals. If he continues to stick to his role, I'm sure that the reward for him is just around the corner."

Samson Ryan (three disposals, 10 hit-outs, one goal)

"Played very limited game time, both in the ruck and up forward. He's another that probably could have kicked three or four himself, even despite the limited game time, but I'm sure he'll get more opportunities in the coming weeks."
why do our coaches hate sonsie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes he can

he turns it over every kick and is softer than nick softcos

He might have improved and we’re desperate to find at least 1 wingmen, Mcintosh is going backwards and Banks produced nothing when he took Pickett’s wing position in the first half.

Mcintosh 9 disposals, 5 turnovers, 6 pressure acts, 1 tackle.

He might have improved and we’re desperate to find at least 1 wingmen, Mcintosh is going backwards and Banks produced nothing when he took Pickett’s wing position in the first half.

Mcintosh 9 disposals, 5 turnovers, 6 pressure acts, 1 tackle.
theyll bring him in at the expense of others that we want in

always happens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back