Preview Round 3 v Sydney MCG Sunday March 31st 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched last night's game and I have to say worst game I have seen for a while by top teams. So many fumbles and turnovers I thought I was watching the Little League.
If swans turn up I hope it's not for 4 quarters as they have been the most impressive team and apparently still have 3 of their best mids out :sick:

Oh I forgot it doesnt actually count as them playing if it's because of an injury. That's often how young players get the chance mate.

So play the kids but don't actually play the kids? Bet you would've had Ross on that list a couple years ago two. Some players take time
No, Ross came in and had an automatic impact playing in the middle of the ground, those 3 mentioned and a few others have never done that. There has been some frustration with Ross, but that has mainly been in regard to the way he has been coached, not so much the player. He had a dip in form, mainly his kicking where posters piled on a bit, but he has been good for two seasons now.

Mansell does not deserve to be dropped after last week, played well, but he does that every half a dozen games. MRJ has not fired a shot in 2 years, Dow, I'm willing to give one more week because he played well late last season. Clarke over Banks also right now, Banks looks a long way off it and needs to find some ball in the VFL, unlike Clarke who has form.

It's not only about just play young players, but playing young players who look ready and have shown a bit of talent at the top level, over those who are out of form or have been Hardwich battlers for a good while now.

I’m not an advocate of overloading with kids. However, playing both McIntosh and Pickett week in and week out does my head in.

Why not just play Clarke over McIntosh this week?

I don’t mind giving Sonsie a game over MCII. Sonsie is into his third season and MCII has played 1 x VFL game. Sonsie was also very good on the weekend and clearly dedicated himself over the pre-season to be rock hard fit - I don’t mind Sonsinle getting the nod. If MCII carves it up again in VFL then he will have knocked the door down and will come in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think this will happen. I think they want real form in the VFL over consistent weeks, probably why MacAuliffe, Sonsie, Cumberland aren't playing. Get them match hard and in form, we are only a few weeks in, they will all be in at some stage soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And can not comprehend that more goes on than they see when watching. You now have 3 coaches, 1 from outside the system, making the same decision they don't agree with and instead of thinking that maybe they're missing something, they assume all 3 are wrong and they're right 🤔🤔🤔
Since Preseason, selection has been basically the established 22 from last year. Plus new players to the club for opening round. Yze is pulling some good changes in game. For 3 losses and another 2 to follow. we're looking like bottom 4 team. Pressure rating an all time low. poor football skills across the ground.

Football: just too many stats. Sadly the scoreboard is ignored.

I'm seeing a team that is either not starting well and/or not running out games. Injury has, again been the opportunity for depth players. Its been great to see some depth. Shame Tresize got injured. Lynch looks a month away from match fitness. Dusty not involved for long enough.

I presume Miller stays IN, I hope Sonsie comes IN. Dow and Banks probably lose their spot. Don't know if we need Naismith.

Last edited:
Since Preseason, selection has been basically the established 22 from last year. Plus new players to the club for opening round. Yze is pulling some good changes in game. For 3 losses and another 2 to follow. we're looking like bottom 4 team. Pressure rating an all time low. poor football skills across the ground.

Football: just too many stats. Sadly the scoreboard is ignored.

I'm seeing a team that is either not starting well and/or not running out games. Injury has, again been the opportunity for depth players. Its been great to see some depth. Shame Tresize got injured. Lynch looks a month away from match fitness. Dusty not involved for long enough.

I presume Miller stays IN, I hope Sonsie comes IN. Dow and Banks probably lose their spot. Don't know if we need Naismith.
Naismith comes in probably for the Undies factor.

In hindsight, Mcauliffe doesn’t need to play yet. Once he strings another 2-3 good games in a row then reward him. Not after 1 good VFL game. Hopefully had a 10+ year career head of him so no need to rush.

Huh? one good VFL game he's been perhaps our best performer in the preseason games and opening game.

So why do players like banks and even junior with no decent reserves form get picked.

I want players who are performing in the ressies to be rewarded, McAuliffe, Ralphsmith and Cumbo played well *en play them.

Hell Yeah Oops GIF by WorldofTanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back