Round 4: Changes Vs Eagles (DERBY TIME)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a tough one.

Out: Fyfe, Hughes
In: Giro, North/ Switkowski

Brayshaw has been deplorable with decision making and skills, but gets reprieve as we need his bursts through the middle.

Need Pearce, Hamling and co to angle their punches. Really annoying that we spoil it straight to opposition who are front and square regularly.

Also need to watch the cheap out the back goals the Eagles will look to get with their gulls.

Out Fyfe
In one of crowden, switta or North

Darcy misses only because we won. Assuming we lose to wce a tough call will need to be made between tabs, lobb Hogan and McCarthy. Hogan probably looks the most out of form, but arguably has the most talent.

How regularly do you search for 'Andrew Gaff'?

Do you also cover the social media platforms?

Cool hobby mate. Do you and DanWA take it in shifts? :think:

You just know peanuts like this one will be out in force at the derby. Applauding heroic and hard done by Gaffy every time he goes near it and booing the hell outta Brayshaw for some reason only they know.

Every now and then I think the demise of the old fashioned square up is a shame. If Ballas was fit, almost bringing him back for a retirement game and let him finish the job from the last derby!

You just know peanuts like this one will be out in force at the derby. Applauding heroic and hard done by Gaffy every time he goes near it and booing the hell outta Brayshaw for some reason only they know.

Every now and then I think the demise of the old fashioned square up is a shame. If Ballas was fit, almost bringing him back for a retirement game and let him finish the job from the last derby!
Johnson had his chance last year and I would have loved it if he had of taken it..
I will be looking forward to seeing the karma bus providing justice one day

None of Tabs nor Hogan/McCarthy will be deopped. Please. Against west coast. Heh. We ll need talls to try and counter their defensive.
Schultz will get destroyed. So a tall out won’t do much for us.

Darcy isn’t 100%. Better off playing Lobb/Tabs. Not ideal

Darcy will be back won't he? Tabs would be nervous, he would be next tall in line.
Out Banfield and in whoever, anyone, I'd play any other single player on the list, even the crippled ones, ahead of him.
Brayshaw was awful but you can't hide the kid from next week, give him the challenge and back him in

I have a bone to pick with you

I was prepared to back you in this year after the massive " I just have a feeling the Eagles will be shit " backfire in the non - Freo thread but no more , I'm pretty sure I can speak for everyone when I say

GIVE IT A BLOODY MISS NEXT YEAR

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

No way Fyfe gets up. I would like to see North get crack.

Bring in Darcy to team with Lobb against Vardy and Hickey. Play them off the bench yp keep the 3 talls in the forward line.

Out: Fyfe and Hughes
In : Darcy and North.

By rights we should get smashed. Eagles at virtual full strength with us missing Fyfe, Hill, Blakely and co.

Dare I say it..I hope for an honorable loss.

There was one passage of play on the left half forward flank as the Saints were moving it out of defence and I thought I saw the St Kilda player start further from the ball than Banfield and beat him to it by a couple of metres to mark uncontested.
On replay, he did work hard in the first half. He did fumble a bit though and double handle a lot (but they all did except Cerra) made some skill and decision errors. I was probably being a bit harsh.

No way Fyfe gets up. I would like to see North get crack.

Bring in Darcy to team with Lobb against Vardy and Hickey. Play them off the bench yp keep the 3 talls in the forward line.

Out: Fyfe and Hughes
In : Darcy and North.

By rights we should get smashed. Eagles at virtual full strength with us missing Fyfe, Hill, Blakely and co.

Dare I say it..I hope for an honorable loss.

Agree with your in’s / outs

Have to think banfield is on thin ice also. But could he tag gaff for the game?

I’d rather someone like tucker to go to seagull Shuey

All for my buddy North to get a game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with your in’s / outs

Have to think banfield is on thin ice also. But could he tag gaff for the game?

I’d rather someone like tucker to go to seagull Shuey

All for my buddy North to get a game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My thinking too. Banfield will be needed now. And probably on a Gaff or Sheed.

Wilson definitely needs to step up but Hughes was terrible today. His good and bad were cancelling each other out weeks one and two, but today weighted heavily towards bad.

Swita still working his way back from injury and may have another injury.
Giro is not a like-for swap with Fyfe. Darcy will be in the mix but I’d leave him for another week.

Fyfe> North
Hughes>Crowden

Brayshaw and Banfield need to lift. Conca to stay backline.

Poor ole Jesse had his defender beat three times when McCarthy had the ball only for the ball to be kicked OOTF each time.

Blakely back for WB game on 27 April (which will mean 13 weeks and 1 day from date of injury)

It's hard to see too many changes despite a few of our lads being out of form.

Hughes for Nyhuis maybe but I just don't see it happening.

Blakely and Logue still not available, plus concerns with the height Darcy or Cox would give.

Personally I think it's a crime Cox not being in the team, at this stage I'd rather Cox and Lobb as the two rucks. Both attacking with the ability to take some strong overhead marks.

Never rated Wilson's work rate at GWS and still don't rate it now, always considered him to be a bit lazy. Look how hard Luke Ryan runs, gets to every contest, demands the ball and is very reliable. Wilson doesn't work hard enough, he should be one of the best rebounders in the game with his kicking.

People must be seeing a different Lobb than I am. He was beaten by Rohan Marshall, who literally only became a ruckmen recently out of necessity for 3 qtrs.

Darcy clearly was under done last week given he played pretty well against Goldy the week before.

Jarod Witts is the 3rd best ruck in the comp and in case you missed it, gave Tim English an absolute spanking today.

Also, Banfield was atrocious, nothing will convince me otherwise. Needs to play for Peel.

Out: Banfield, Wilson (who needs a kick up the arse)

In: Switta (who would be a better defensive forward than Banfield) and Darcy (if fit).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back