Review Round 4 - GWS Giants vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

nice to see Tomlinson named,adds a different aspects to the team which the dees don't have a good match up for..
hampton out is odd,if playing down back hasn't worked try him foward,

No surprises with Golds, a little surprised at Tomlinson, but with both Frost and O'hAilpin coming in, maybes they thought Tomlinson would be one tall too many.

It's not that Hampton can't play down back; he does well in taking defensive marks and he's fast. It's just too few flashes of brilliance separated by too many mistakes
I beg to differ, Hampton has sucked big time and a spell in the magoos will not only help him learn the position, because he has been clueless but may also serve as an attitude adjustment because I think his application to the task has been non existent. Sure he is an athlete but we need footballers and so far he does not qualify.

Good luck for tomorrow guys, will be a very close game i imagine. I personally belive this is a great opportunity for you guys to win on the MCG.
The way our club has been travelling atm i think GWS win by 11pts.

The Giants are a massive chance here. If Melbourne suffer another large belting against the young Giants, expect the fans to riot at Demons HQ. Almost game of the round in terms of closeness and interest between the two struggling sides.

Giants by 36.

What's with all this talk that Neeld will get the sack if the Dees lose. It's like the Giants are coach killers. Port last year and maybe the Demons this year. Any other team and I doubt there would be talk of a coach sacking. At what point does this expectations that all teams should beat the Giants start to fade, particularly for other bottom half of the table teams?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's with all this talk that Neeld will get the sack if the Dees lose. It's like the Giants are coach killers. Port last year and maybe the Demons this year. Any other team and I doubt there would be talk of a coach sacking. At what point does this expectations that all teams should beat the Giants start to fade, particularly for other bottom half of the table teams?

It won't be til at least season 3. It probably took the Suns the win against Carlton late last year for it to come to fruition.

The thing from my perspective as a Melbourne supporter is that we should be ahead of you. 100%. We had all our top picks 2-3 years before your picks. We also sat in the doldrums just before GWS entered the comp. Instead, we've stared down 3 annihilations in the first 3 games after a season of them. That's why it'd be the final straw.

Dees have played very well in the final quarter.

But this umpiring has been beyond horrendous. Whitfield 'high', Scully 'sliding', no hands in the back for Sumner, Jones dive for a downfield free, 50 for Evans when the ump should've called play on because he was well on his way, the list goes on. Frustrating to see our boys not able to keep up with the run in the final quarter, but * me the umps have had their say.

Dees have played very well in the final quarter.

But this umpiring has been beyond horrendous. Whitfield 'high', Scully 'sliding', no hands in the back for Sumner, Jones dive for a downfield free, 50 for Evans when the ump should've called play on because he was well on his way, the list goes on. Frustrating to see our boys not able to keep up with the run in the final quarter, but **** me the umps have had their say.
Not going to blame the umps even though the decisions have been s**t. The teams just hasnt run out the game, I doubt we will win a game this year if this is anything to go by but our time will come, but this hurts a lot.

We didn't run out the game but my god, having three extra players on the park, all with whistles, sure as hell helped Melbourne. They gave them the momentum and absolutely killed us in the opening stanza of the last.

Hey! Well played. You really pushed us. :) Don't worry your team will continue to improve. Maybe you are feeling what Gold Coast felt last year. A case of insidious 2nd-year blues and maybe next year you will be considerably better.

So chin-up. Be proud of your team. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

Peace.

Melbourne had everything more to play for in that game, but we still need to keep something in the tank for the fourth quarter. Our guys were spent and the Dees were running on; yes the Umps were assisting but we'd given up.

As an aside, anyone know what's Toby Green's efficiency off the boot? He can kick goals but most of his kicks in play seemed to go astray today. He isn't alone (Gilham I'm looking at you) but I really noticed it today.

Really finding it hard to make sense of that 4th quarter fade out. Sure the Umps sucked, but no excuses - it was a little disappointing finish to an otherwise top performance.

Seemed like the commentators didn't hide they're partiality either.... they were nearly orgasmic at every Melbourne goal in the fourth qtr.

My theory is that Sheedy didn't want to get hassled by the Melbourne management to take up that coaching job next year, so he said to the boys at the 3-quarter time break, "Ok boys we've had our fun, now let's make sure Neeld stays in his current job as Melbourne coach".;)

Bad luck guys, was really hoping you'll get up.

Scully's best game for you.
Still don't know why you guys used pick 4 for Nick Haynes:confused:
Shiel and Treloar are stars.
Great to see Setanta back and kicking a bag (awesome celebrations:D)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back