Game Day Round 5, 2018: North Melbourne v Hawthorn, 22 April 2018, 3.20pm @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's game day, well almost. The chosen one is back as is his cousin :) unfortunately it is at the expense of the sizzle and pop in the team.

Will Tom be tagged, will it as Clarko says, make the Hawks job easier.

Can Jaeger and Sicily combine for a better goal (perhaps something involving a hurdle and 70m bomb)

Have it it and go Hawks.

No mucking around, play like we haven't achieved anything, need contribution from all 22 , this goes for every week every game, none of this ' we got this ' attitude just good honest Hawthorn footy and then I'm confident about this and in fact the whole season.

Imagine having Burgoyne, Cyril and Poppy all missing but still getting to bring Burton up from the VFL... Impressive depth

I would say this is our first true test of depth this season.

3 players missing with four premierships and a lazy 3 flags in Puopolo. A preview of our next generation with 2017 under the belt will be on display.

Whilst every game is critical, our performance will indicate exactly where these players are. There is a massive chunk of experience unavailable.

I feel for a developing team there is always far more riding on the games you are supposed to win, in comparison to games where you are either underdogs or equals. The teams that end up winning these games develop much quicker.

Teams such as Melbourne, essendon, collingwood (when looking potent) and even GWS, have struggled to win the games they were supposed to. Rendering them all irrelevant when it has mattered. Richmond and the bulldogs in their respective runs won these games. I’m not suggesting we are at that level, however these games speak volumes.

KOLOKOTRONIS

I would say this is our first true test of depth this season.

3 players missing with four premierships and a lazy 3 flags in Puopolo. A preview of our next generation with 2017 under the belt will be on display.

Whilst every game is critical, our performance will indicate exactly where these players are. There is a massive chunk of experience unavailable.

I feel for a developing team there is always far more riding on the games you are supposed to win, in comparison to games where you are either underdogs or equals. The teams that end up winning these games develop much quicker.

Teams such as Melbourne, essendon, collingwood (when looking potent) and even GWS, have struggled to win the games they were supposed to. Rendering them all irrelevant when it has mattered. Richmond and the bulldogs in their respective runs won these games. I’m not suggesting we are at that level, however these games speak volumes.

KOLOKOTRONIS
I agree and this should be a really interesting game to see how our young players have developed

Poppy has been hugely important to our structure so far, rioli is obviously important in that he stops opponents from having a clean attacking run then intercepts for a goal to us (12 point play) we dont have anyone to play their role and not as well as they do, but we need to create a different dynamic in the forward line and the unknown is always a bit exciting. Lets hope the guys that play the pressure role add their own type of exciting plays...

North are going to be tough, Ben Brown and their developing mids like cunnington ect are a danger, but hopefully we can score over 100 points and make it hard for any team to stay with us...

TBH don't really care about the outs as long as they don't include Tom and Jom.
We need to craft a new team, one where players like Rioli and Poppy are cream and not the cake. Yes they should be able to take us over the top in the biggest games, in finals, but we have to create a group that has its own dynamic and even makes use of guys like Rough and Breust in new and less predicable ways.

We will go as far as the best level we can get out of our young core, and not simply dependent on the greatness we hope to re ratchet out of our past champions.

Hawks by 57 points.

With Shitney and Port losing and GWS escaping with a draw I can’t see us being complacent.

Yes we have some big outs but we won many games in the back half of last year without either of Cyril or Poppy. Expect Doc up forward.

Big week for Timmy O. With Schoey and Lewis both kicking goals yesterday he needs to perform like he did against Melbourne.

Also a big challenge for Shiels to replicate his game from last week. Another 25+ touch game would be handy.

Hopefully Burton returns to form and Cousins has a strong game.

North often try and make this their GF so they will probably have a real crack, particularly early. This is a game we should win comfortably with we’re focused and execute our game plan effectively.

North often try and make this their GF so they will probably have a real crack, particularly early. This is a game we should win comfortably with we’re focused and execute our game plan effectively.

Most clubs say this about us but that's because we generally always have a crack so if teams are saying that then that's a good reflection on my team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel massively nervous about this one.

Hoping for a hard nosed, clinical Hawks performance and not a scrappy, error fest. Danger game.

Every game is a danger game this season. There is no stand out apart from Richmond (only slightly). They haven’t had any real injury concerns yet to their top 6 though.

As mentioned earlier. This game is more so about consistency and the character of the developing players.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Confident of a Hawks win, easily. Burton out to show that he belongs, Mitchell to prove that tag or no tag he will get minimum of 30 touches, Shiels Omeara & Stratts to continue with their form, and all the youngsters going hard to keep their spots.

Think they will push for most of the game , they have beaten the Saints/Blues who are going horribly so we are a step up for them

We have good personal missing to cover but I think around the ground we still have more quality

Expecting a tight game with a 3-4 goal win for us, drop this and it basically undoes our great work last week

North in some really good form - Waite and Brown make a very solid duo. Both in some cracking form and will be very hard to stop.

Nth has (at this stage) the best defense in the AFL and won't be easy to score against.

They also have the best tagger in the game to use at their disposal. It won't be an easy game for either Mitchell or Jaeger.

Losing two of our best forwards - who are crucial to our game plan - who've been instrumental in our wins this year will really hurt us.

All things considered I cant see us doing well today...

Hawks by 45 points.

With Shitney and Port losing and GWS escaping with a draw I can’t see us being complacent.

Yes we have some big outs but we won many games in the back half of last year without either of Cyril or Poppy. Expect Doc up forward.

Big week for Timmy O. With Schoey and Lewis both kicking goals yesterday he needs to perform like he did against Melbourne.

Also a big challenge for Shiels to replicate his game from last week. Another 25+ touch game would be handy.

Hopefully Burton returns to form and Cousins has a strong game.

The incentives are certainly there for us to win this game, and the way some are performing at Box Hill, mean automatic selection is not guaranteed, all spots are under pressure, just ask Ryan Burton, who Clarko may have just made a sample of. Reputations don't mean automatic selection.

This should be enough to get us over the line, and up there with the eagles.

TBH don't really care about the outs as long as they don't include Tom and Jom.
We need to craft a new team, one where players like Rioli and Poppy are cream and not the cake. Yes they should be able to take us over the top in the biggest games, in finals, but we have to create a group that has its own dynamic and even makes use of guys like Rough and Breust in new and less predicable ways.

We will go as far as the best level we can get out of our young core, and not simply dependent on the greatness we hope to re ratchet out of our past champions.

Hawks by 57 points.

Spot on.

No point cruising by relying on our older heads, is there? We need these young blokes to come through and develop now. Injuries can be a blessing in a way.

They are coached by a Scott Brother. Anything other than a 100 point win, and we won't see hours of footage of coaches box drama Ep. 6 Se. 12
Bring it Hawthorn. Activate Scott Brother showground clown mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back