Game Day Round 5, 2018: Saints v Giants, 1.45pm Etihad Stadium, Sat 21/4/2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont expect to win, but want to see an improved effort.

I dont care about clangers, turnovers etc, as long as we are going for it

I also want to see the players put in for 4 qtrs.
If they are down by 9 goals at 3/4 time, I want to see a full blooded effort.
I never again want to see them give up like they did against North.
Go Saints

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dont expect to win, but want to see an improved effort.

I dont care about clangers, turnovers etc, as long as we are going for it

I also want to see the players put in for 4 qtrs.
If they are down by 9 goals at 3/4 time, I want to see a full blooded effort.
I never again want to see them give up like they did against North.
Go Saints

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

A positive goals : points ratio would be nice too

From the first minute there'll be one or two behind the ball and we'll have no answer for it.

Can't wait to watch Geary on a wing and Sinclair rot in a forward pocket.

As you can all see I'm full of optimism for this one! Predictions:

Ross 30
Steven 30
Off to the phantom draft boards by midway through the second quarter.

Membrey in will definitely help Paddy and our transition forward I think, actually gives us someone to kick to forward of our 50 other than Paddy or Billings running from one wing to another.

We have been playing really badly set up forward lines. A single tall forward and Members is a much more sensible set up. It gives us flexibility and defensively looks better. Looking forward to seeing Bleach go nuts too. He's a bit of a hard man in the forward line and will have Whitfield pissing the bed tonight after he's put a hard tag on him.

Would love it if we could clean up our conversion today.

Lethlan on SEN now

His opinion?
“Im not sure ... I think ... We a fair chance today .... but proof in oudding ....”

My lord what a confident leader.
I’m more concerned with his spelling and grammar

On my way there. Not many on the train and a bunch of parks at Brighton Beach station. Good chance in there being more Orange than RWB there today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bonus is you don't line up for anything.

WROOOOOANG!!!!
Saints by 14
Paddy to kick 2
Billing’s to get 25 and 1
Members to kick 4
Geary playing in the guts to kick 2, be bog and actually warrant the sainter of the day selection.
Carlisle to stay back all game

This made the hairs on the back of me neck get all erect!!

F$&@ the plastic kents. Chin ‘em Saints!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On my way there. Not many on the train and a bunch of parks at Brighton Beach station. Good chance in there being more Orange than RWB there today!

Sad but true Saints people are dropping off like over ripe mangoes.

The club has to show some fighting spirit today - I dont care if we get 6 reported but they have to show that they are not going to be walked on!

Last edited:
Morning all.
I thought Id (over) share something with you all that has been on my mind in the lead up to this game. (forgive the long and personal post)

For the corresponding game with the plastics last year, I was at home on the first night with my 2 day old son and my wife, fresh from hospital. The game was on at 4am here and I was super excited! At 2 am I woke up with my wife, to feed the little guy, we changed him, and then he rejected food. As I picked him from my wife's lap to comfort him, he turned grey and then blue.

We called the ambulance (they were in our house in four minutes) and were at the hospital in 10minites (the well named Sick Kids here in downtown Toronto). On the way the little guy had a seizure and at the hospital 15 doctors and nurses worked tirelessly for 2 hours to stabize him. We then lived in the hospital for the next month, as they tested my boy for everything, taking blood from his little arm every day. I discovered 5 days later that we had won the game, but I couldn't watch it.

As the weeks passed and each scary diagnoses was suggested, tested and then proven not to be the cause. I began watch games on weekend evenings while staying up holding his hand (transmitting the love of the Mighty Saints as it were). Soon I tried to watch the GWS game, but the thought of my son in that emergency room came flooding back, so I stopped.

34 days later we found out he had a temporary insulin production problem, destroying his sugar reserve (it was more complex than that of course), that could easily been solved with consistent food and simple medication. He is now a strapping and very mobile 11 month old, that can already walk and talk and has not been on medication for 8 months, He has also been cleared of all issues by the hospital (we are so so lucky!)

The first night back from the hospital I watch the GWS game in full as he slept holding my hand and all I could think of was how, there is always joy and hope in sports, and a performance like that one is something really special! Tonight has got me thinking of that time again - although I try not to think about it these days - it was the worst time of my life along side the day my Dad died 18 months ago

But for most saints fans - and for me now I've watched the game a couple of time - that was the day this side came of age. To me, it proved that this team has talent equal to the best talent in the nation. We can run with the best and while this year has been terrible so far, its just a matter of time till it comes together. We can win this one, we can win any game as long as the desire and effort are there

GO SAINTS!

P.S. sorry for the overshare!

Sad but true Saints people are dropping off like over ripe mangoes.

The club has to show some fighting spirit today - I dont if we get 6 reported but they have tp show that they are not going to be walked on!

Agreed. I’m expecting fireworks. They need to get tough or it’s pitchfork time.

Morning all.
I thought Id (over) share something with you all that has been on my mind in the lead up to this game. (forgive the long and personal post)

For the corresponding game with the plastics last year, I was at home on the first night with my 2 day old son and my wife, fresh from hospital. The game was on at 4am here and I was super excited! At 2 am I woke up with my wife, to feed the little guy, we changed him, and then he rejected food. As I picked him from my wife's lap to comfort him, he turned grey and then blue.

We called the ambulance (they were in our house in four minutes) and were at the hospital in 10minites (the well named Sick Kids here in downtown Toronto). On the way the little guy had a seizure and at the hospital 15 doctors and nurses worked tirelessly for 2 hours to stabize him. We then lived in the hospital for the next month, as they tested my boy for everything, taking blood from his little arm every day. I discovered 5 days later that we had won the game, but I couldn't watch it.

As the weeks passed and each scary diagnoses was suggested, tested and then proven not to be the cause. I began watch games on weekend evenings while staying up holding his hand (transmitting the love of the Mighty Saints as it were). Soon I tried to watch the GWS game, but the thought of my son in that emergency room came flooding back, so I stopped.

34 days later we found out he had a temporary insulin production problem, destroying his sugar reserve (it was more complex than that of course), that could easily been solved with consistent food and simple medication. He is now a strapping and very mobile 11 month old, that can already walk and talk and has not been on medication for 8 months, He has also been cleared of all issues by the hospital (we are so so lucky!)

The first night back from the hospital I watch the GWS game in full as he slept holding my hand and all I could think of was how, there is always joy and hope in sports, and a performance like that one is something really special! Tonight has got me thinking of that time again - although I try not to think about it these days - it was the worst time of my life along side the day my Dad died 18 months ago

But for most saints fans - and for me now I've watched the game a couple of time - that was the day this side came of age. To me, it proved that this team has talent equal to the best talent in the nation. We can run with the best and while this year has been terrible so far, its just a matter of time till it comes together. We can win this one, we can win any game as long as the desire and effort are there

GO SAINTS!

Thanksfor sharing this personal story, hope the saints get up and can make it a positive day for you.

Morning all.

GO SAINTS!

Thanks for sharing and great to hear the little bloke is kicking goals.

Let’s hope the Saints can snag a few for him today also.

Go Saints

Morning all.

GO SAINTS!

You had me welling up on the train there reading that.

Thanks for sharing this story and so glad for you that everything has worked out and the little man is fit and healthy.

Hope the Saints can get up for you all again today :)

GO SAINTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back