Autopsy Round 5 Giant Away Win

Remove this Banner Ad

Just back at the motel after the game with my 8 and 6 year olds. On the drive to the ground they were as keen as mustard, and of course being kids they don't understand odds so thought Freo were as good a chance as GWS. I was thinking, oh well it'll be an nice arvo in the 25 degree sunshine, but a win, pfft, it didn't even enter my mind. To top the day off my 6 year old got a Dockers hat from Travis Colyer (thanks Trav) and the 8 year old a high 5 from number 7 (Thanks Nat). Both of my kids are Freo lifers now I reckon (the 8 year old has been flirting with jumping to WC)
It was evident at the game that despite having skill deficiencies, this team just tries its guts out, can't wait for the replay to come up on Foxtel.

The club just posted this. It'll be interesting to see what comes of it.

He'll get at least a week and its bad timing for him with Blakely coming back.

Given we have been competitive or should/could have won every game so far, giving up your spot in the best 22 is asking for trouble.

It was Taberner in the kitchen with the lead pipe. We had to turn away at times but he got the job done.
Thankfully Tabs kept working and didn't totally lose his head.

I don't think he will be rushing any snaps straight in front again though.

One thing I was worried about going into the final quarter was our centre clearances. It felt like we got flogged in the second and third quarters but Fyfe, Mundy and Walters put on a clinic.

Well done to Lobb too, stood up and in the end ran mummy so hard he was gassed in the final quarter.
People worried about the Mumford effect. Nothing in it tbh. He’s big, sure but he’s as good as Jones around the ground. Slow as, and can’t mark. Lobb dominated him

He'll get at least a week and its bad timing for him with Blakely coming back.

Given we have been competitive or should/could have won every game so far, giving up your spot in the best 22 is asking for trouble.
Was gonna say the exact same thing. Deserves at least 1 if not 2 weeks and might be hard getting your spot back if we keep playing like today. Silly Taylin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tucker had composure in some pivotal moments today. I think it was his best game!
He was Mundy like with ball in hand and pressured well.
Good pick up
Pretty obvious but it’s imperative for us going fwd that our best users of the ball have it in their hands as much as possible
And Tucker’s definitely one of those players.

I'm kinda biased... But I would think that it was a great game for a neutral to watch, we didn't blitz them - they played hard and well, but we somehow just played harder and... weller... It was quite a contest.

watching it free to air now

Just watched the highlights on youtube and there are two things I noticed:

1. The highlights are very biased towards GWS.

2. Are Cox and Ryan BFF's? What the hell is going on with this bleached hair thing? It's like the 90's again.

elsleevador the Mundy comparison is actually really good. He could turn into a mini-Mundy the way he is going (doesnt quite have the same size or composure so dont think he can get to quite those levels). From memory, Mundy was widely criticised in his first few seasons before becoming the jet he is.

Tucker's disposal is absolutely top shelf and he almost always gets a possession off. I actually struggle to think of the last time he turned it over. He really doesnt make many mistakes. If he can become a 25 possession player he'll add so much to our midfield

Last edited:
Ouch.

I'm gonna quote a wise old relative who used to say "sometimes the other mob is just too good"

Good luck for the season. We won't meet again unless it's in September. One positive for me us I like non Vic clubs clustered at the top of the ladder.

Have to say I was always thought the ruck battle would be interesting and Lobb took the points.

How good was that hey? Our best away win since 2015. So proud of the boys.

Including Lyon. I had my doubts but it does look like he's got us on the right track. I'm getting a real 2012 vibe about this season.

We really should have beaten the eagles last week and been 4-1. GC are the only team who's outplayed us so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back