Game Day Round 6, 2021: North Melbourne vs Fremantle @ Optus Stadium | Saturday, April 24 @ 8:10pm [GAME ON; NO CROWDS]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
fu** off look at the tape, the squib just lets players waltz through, I thought you were supposed to be a footy oracle, if you are playing in ball at least try to put up something in the way of resistance, and then actually chase if they happen to get past

Your ignorant angst does not qualify as constructive opinion.

Appalling quarter. How easy do we want to make it for the Dockers to casually saunter forward out of every stoppage, through loose checking and limp defensive efforts? It's telling just how much different it gets when we do get it forward - it's either rebounded with little difficulty, or locked in for a series of stoppages, never is it so open as we routinely let our opponents have it. Flashes of the required effort now and again from us, and you'd say a fair number in the team have played decent games, but the system is completely broken at the moment - we're either aiming for methodical and measured but messing it up before we hit the middle of the ground, or we're blazing away to nothing in particular (and that includes the needless screw-kicks for goal from Zurhaar and Thomas), and don't seem to have much in the way of defensive intent to our structures. We just don't look like putting together consistently worthwhile passages of play at the moment...

Sometimes our positioning at stoppages/contests is just laughably bad, and we look like we are in ******* quicksand. What's that about?
I can only guess that it’s Nobles philosophy of teaching players to play in different position and guys are forgetting what role they are meant to be playing. Seeing Taylor free on the defensive side of a throw in while Fyfe is unattended at the ruckmans feet is just mind blowing.

Hey, retiring gun club veteranswith footy left in them in 2016, and then delisting 11 others last year was apparently a good idea.

Meanwhile Mundy is waltzing around at 35 and blitzing.

View attachment 1110728

Not one of the 11 delisted could produce an eighth of what Mundy could.

* you really think drew, spud, nds and boomer would still be useful?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Even then he kicks it a few metres away in the wrong direction so his teammate is running towards the opposition's goal. It actually has a negative effect because then the player needs to reset and the opposition zone is unfazed.

It's pathetic tbh. Both he and atley are killing us back there with momentum sapping moments every week. Yet they are our most experienced.
You only see what you want to see.

Yeah mate that contest on the wing looked poor. Yep not fit, but he avoided it altogether

He's clearly not fit, but hang on a minute and I'll see what my heightened emotions can fabricate as opinion.

This board is a football toilet.

Does simpkin look late to tackles? Like most of the time he is just trying to reach out with a single hand? It's really starting to piss me off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, retiring gun club veterans with footy left in them in 2016, and then delisting 11 others last year was apparently a good idea.

Meanwhile Mundy is waltzing around at 35 and blitzing.

View attachment 1110728

Tarrant
Dumont
Anderson
Corr
Hall
Macdonald
Polec

7 of our best 22, all senior bodies.

The cuts to the list last year isn't what's killing us, it's our injury list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back