VFL Round 6 v Coburg Saturday, May 4, 1:05pm Piranha Park

Remove this Banner Ad

This week the VFL side heads north to play Coburg a team who recently won their first game since 2022 when they beat Collingwood a couple of weeks back. This game won't be easy despite Coburgs recent record and we'll need to be on from the start to secure our 4th win for the season and solidify our spot in the top 8.

The Tigers welcome back James Tresize from injury and Kane McAuliffe who was held over for the AFL game last week, but lose Tyler Sonsie who dominated against Casey. It will be interesting being the Saturday game who out of Ryan McAuliffe or Green gets held over just in case there is a late change for the AFL side.

Players To Watch:

Kaleb Smith - been arguably our best AFL listed player in the VFL this season and surely must be close to a debut if he keeps playing well.

Steely Green - Has been named emergency in 2 of the last 3 AFL games so is another who is close to a debut. If he plays he'll be in the midfield mix.

Kane McAuliffe - got a taste of AFL action and has then sat out a couple of weeks as emergency for the AFL side last week. Will hopefully get back to the form he showed to start the season and push his name forward for another AFL run.

Samson Ryan - has been in very good form the last 3 games kicking multiple goals as a forward/ruck and then dominated in the ruck against Casey last week. If he plays he'll hopefully put forward another strong performance to put him in the mix for the Bulldogs game next week.

Jacob Koschitzke - had a very good game against Casey getting reward on the scoreboard. Now he needs to back it up and build on that so that if he gets another chance at AFL level it will be with good form under hit belt.

Mutaz El Nour - with the MSD coming up at the end of May, El Nour will be looking to keep his name in the mix for a possible spot on either our list or another clubs list.

Archie May - like El Nour he will be another one who will be looking to put in a strong performance to try and get him in the mix for a MSD pick up.

Prediction - Richmond to be too strong and to get the win by 4-5 goals

BacksJames Trezise36Mutaz El Nour57Tom Brindley61
Half-BacksKaleb Smith49Lachlan Street55Chad Harris54
CentreAustin Johnson51Joel Garner53Nick Guiney62
Half-ForwardsMatthew Coulthard26Steely Green48Cam Olden58
ForwardsArchie May71Noah Cumberland38Jacob Koschitzke20
FollowersSamson Ryan32Lachlan Wilson82Kane McAuliffe28
InterchangeJed Feneley64Sam Davidson73Nicholas Collier81
Liam George67Tom McCarthy
EMGHarrison White56Luke Haddara80Liam Thomas72
Matthew Clarkson77
In: Kane McAuliffe, James Trezise, Tom McCarthy, Nick Collier

Out:
Tyler Sonsie, Will Bravo, Harrison White, Liam Thomas

My old stomping ground and boy do I miss the place and all the wonderful people there. Good luck to all the boys from both sides.
Great to see the Burgers still up and about. Remember the ol days, Brunswick, Preston, Camberwell (loved listening to Kekovich during the Qtime addresses) .
Go watch the Tiges then a VFA game on Sunday.
Great days!!!

Great to see the Burgers still up and about. Remember the ol days, Brunswick, Preston, Camberwell (loved listening to Kekovich during the Qtime addresses) .
Go watch the Tiges then a VFA game on Sunday.
Great days!!!
I use to watch kingy play when we were aligned with the burgers back then and I always thought he'd play seniors some day.

My old stomping ground and boy do I miss the place and all the wonderful people there. Good luck to all the boys from both sides.
Love my time living in Coburg great suburb
Although it's not quite as good as it once was thanks to the ******* council

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game is starting soon...

Happy Lets Go GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Is this game televised free to air? I can’t find a stream for it on the afl app?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back