Game Day Round 7, 2020: Hawthorn v Melbourne, 3.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been giving Scully the benefit of the doubt for the last few weeks- but this half he has been insipid.
I'm really hoping when we get out of Giants stadium he's one of the players that'll lift incredibly. It's amazing how many players we have that are playing like they've been told they'll be delisted at the end of the year.

Getting smacked out of the middle. At every bounce we look second rate. They make quick use of any possession and find a teammate, we struggle to get the hands to anyone in the same jumper.

Our defenders are getting caught out continuously, by how quickly the ball is being driven from coast to coast.

When we do control the ball for a few possessions in play we eventually hand it straight back to them when we decide kick it long.

Not going to win many games when we can’t get our hands on it in the middle.

We desperately need leg speed and good users of the footy. Impey and Scrimshaw coming back next should make a difference.

We need some pace in the midfield though. The young quick mids that every other team has get away from us so easily.

OK Positves:

Frost. Day. Hardwick. Minchington.

Negatives:
  • I'm not sure who is softer, Lewis or Scully. Lewis looks nothing like our key forward of the future.
  • Clarko is just getting smashed by Goodwin in the box. How on earth can Gawn be this dominant dropping back? Surely he can't be allowed to drift down the line and take mark after mark uncontested.
  • Worpel. I've been calling for him to be dropped. He needs it. Shadow of last years player.
  • O'Meara. This trade has hurt us. Total B-grader.
  • Out midfield looks OK on paper, but it's bog average.
  • Wingard. Christ. I love watching him, but like O'Meara, our club will regret this trade.
  • Stratton. Cooked.
  • I can't even be bothered continuing on here.
Reckon we will crack last weeks mark of 27?

Too many mark-kick types in the team Which doesn’t suit this ground. There is no run out of defence, it’s all kick and hope. Confidence is shot all over the ground. Looks like a completely different team to that which played Richmond.

Melbourne has their tails up and are dangerous when things are rolling their way as they are today. Hope they show some fight or it could get real ugly

Ah was tossing up as to if I should have continued my long lunch at Blue Pyrenees winery this afternoon or cut it short as view the game live.

I'm not happy with my decision.

The worrying thing is I think we are genuinely trying, we're just being absolutely smashed in the contest by a physically stronger team.

Mitch Lewis needs to learn to compete to bring the ball to ground, has been putrid his last two performances.

‘should be able to beat a stronger team on the outside. Might be a recruiting focus

3-3 isn't bad I thought.

Losing to a strong Pies isn't as bad as its being made out to be I thought.

Losing to GWS off a short break and on their home deck isn't as bad as it was being made out to be I thought.

9 day break I thought.

Commentary has been harsh due to a tough fixture I thought.

Clarko will flick the switch I thought.

Big Boy will give our mids better use I thought.

I was wrong. So wrong.

We are absolutely gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh but I was told on the stats sheets we’ve been alright at contested and clearances 🤣 I’ll say it again WEEK IN WEEK OUT we get smashed in the middle. Bring on brad crouch or another ball winner.

Too many mark-kick types in the team Which doesn’t suit this ground. There is no run out of defence, it’s all kick and hope. Confidence is shot all over the ground. Looks like a completely different team to that which played Richmond.

Melbourne has their tails up and are dangerous when things are rolling their way as they are today. Hope they show some fight or it could get real ugly

0-6 for a team which has a better then 50% win at most afl grounds. I reckon the afl will be bringing us back here if they can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back