Preview Round 7 Changes/preview v North

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching people lose their minds over where players are named on-field is one of my favourite hobbies.

Giving us the goods this week with Fritsch named at CHB, Chandler on-ball and Hibberd + McVee in the forward line.
We should just name players alphabetically every week. Or by height.

Schac attack in for Petty (concussion)

Like the change much prefer to have a look at him over Brown, or Tmac in particular

* yeah, Goody is learning...maybe

Still annoying, could have a been a nice chance for the JVR and Petty combo to kick a few and sew up the KPF spots for a few weeks yet.

As good as Schache has been in the VFL, he hasn’t shown that he’s done anything about his lack of physicality (IMO).

I expect Schache to play the role of the tall forward who goes on searching leads up the wing rather than stay deep forward.

Gawn and JvR to do the work in contests closer to goal.

Maybe Schache will also spend a bit of time in the ruck so Gawn can stay forward even longer and rest that knee a bit in-game.

Me personally I'm expecting Schache to kick ass all over the ground. He's done nothing all year he should have plenty of energy.
Run like a mad campaigner, take a few speccies, kick a few every quarter.

I honestly can't remember the last time I was this excited about a debut :) Carn Josh!!!!

Me personally I'm expecting Schache to kick ass all over the ground. He's done nothing all year he should have plenty of energy.

I honestly can't remember the last time I was this excited about a debut :) Carn Josh!!!!

From the few VFL games ive seen this year he looked better than I expected, but apparently that was his modus operandi with the Dogs too. We live in hope.

Agree. 12 goals will be a pass mark as far as I’m concerned.

Maybe Schache will also spend a bit of time in the ruck so Gawn can stay forward even longer and rest that knee a bit in-game.

I like this idea. Was contemplating similar today when replying to LarryDavidNeitz , keep Gawn forward a bit more and let Grundy ruck a bit more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like this idea. Was contemplating similar today when replying to LarryDavidNeitz , keep Gawn forward a bit more and let Grundy ruck a bit more.

Grundy clearly plays best in the ruck so I’d be happy to see him do most of that.

And Max looked good up forward so that also works.

My hope in pre-season was that we would let Max read the play and float. I think we become a lot less predictable if one minute he’s back filling the hole and then the next he’s charging forward to take a grab in the 50. Grundy in the ruck and JVR and Petty/Schache up forward should be a good mix to let him do that.

Grundy clearly plays best in the ruck so I’d be happy to see him do most of that.

And Max looked good up forward so that also works.

My hope in pre-season was that we would let Max read the play and float. I think we become a lot less predictable if one minute he’s back filling the hole and then the next he’s charging forward to take a grab in the 50. Grundy in the ruck and JVR and Petty/Schache up forward should be a good mix to let him do that.
Gawn's game was probably underrated against Richmond. 6 contested marks is huge. He only equalled that once last year and only bettered that once in our premiership year. His marking is a huge asset and something we don't have in the team really. I'd be happy to plonk him up forward or behind the ball against Kangas and let Grundy and Shack do the ruck.

Gawn's game was probably underrated against Richmond. 6 contested marks is huge. He only equalled that once last year and only bettered that once in our premiership year. His marking is a huge asset and something we don't have in the team really. I'd be happy to plonk him up forward or behind the ball against Kangas and let Grundy and Shack do the ruck.

If Max had kicked straight he would have been clear BOG for me.

i wonder if Gawn will be a late out with the short turn around and Tmac comes back.
Threaten Talladega Nights GIF

Remember when they beat us 17 times in a row? Lol.

No excuse not to win this one by at least ten goals (even with the five-day break)

17 – Round 9, 2007 to Round 19, 2017
I do find it funny how North and St Kilda supporters think having the wood over Melbourne in that period is something special. Most teams in the comp had it over Melbourne in that period because Melbourne were garbage. Nevertheless we do need to pay them back while we can.

How good would it be if Max could kick straight? Every time when he is running in moving the ball around its such a lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Back