Review Round 7 - West Coast @ PF Stadium - 28th April 2024 - 1:00pm AEST

Question - did any members receive an email offer to bring a friend along for free? I called the Suns earlier in the week to purchase tickets for friends and they said the email was sent earlier but I never received it. They said they’d send it to me but I still haven’t got it?
I got email too (last week already).

Cheers Jirik13 Does the email provide you with extra barcodes to purchase tickets? I couldn’t see any options within Ticketek to get additional free tickets so I’m assuming I need that email to get them.
Yes. There was a barcode provided to use as password to get a free ticket through Ticketek link provided if I remember correctly. I found email. I have only GA 3 games membership. Just one free ticket.

Our next home game isn't an ordinary game, it's ANZAC Appeal Round.

We're taking on the West Coast Eagles and you can invite a friend for FREE to join you at the game!

Show your ANZAC spirit and arrive early to catch the pregame ANZAC Observance Ceremony.

To download your free ticket*, enter your membership barcode into the password box HERE.

You can find your membership barcode here:

Last edited:
Yes. There was a barcode provided to use as password to get a free ticket through Ticketek link provided if I remember correctly. I found email. I have only GA 3 games membership. Just one free ticket.
Thanks mate - same here. I’ll try and chase up the membership department again.

Dimma deserves at least half season to figure it out, implement his plan. But it will not surprise me if it takes the whole season. I doubt we are in the same situation as GWS were last year. They had experienced team. Right now, we play 2nd youngest line-up (and it's not even close to the rest of competition).

Personally, I was very annoyed that we started slowly against Swans again. I am still annoyed. You can't start like that on the road. Some of those easy missed shots were killers. And yes, there were some shocking kicks, turnovers, penalties.

I predict

Eagles W
Lions L
North W

And then while being 5W:4L and on 5 days break we play Cats in Darwin as our home game.

That's your Mini GF 😂
We have two really good examples of teams implementing a near identical game plan to compare to and they are Collingwood in 2022 and GWS in 2023. Collingwood were 4W:5L going into round 10 (which is when their run of 11 consecutive victories began) and GWS were 3W:6L going into round 10 and the Giants went on to win 8 of their next 10 games after that. So you can see both clubs were in a similar boat to us and it all clicked around round 10. I'll also mention that both clubs went on to play in prelims that were lost by less than a goal in those respective seasons.

Obviously every club is different and have their own challenges, but IF (and this is a big IF) we follow suit and it all clicks around round 10 & 11 when we face Geelong in Darwin & Carlton at Marvel in consecutive weeks then we're going to be making some serious statements in those games by pushing two genuine premiership contenders on the road. From our perspective, I think we just need to stay within reaching distance of the top 8 and we've done that so far.

Wins against West Coast and North over the next three weeks will keep us where we need to be with a 5W:4L record going into round 10, but a win against the Lions could be the beginning of the clicking stage that we're dreaming about. I'm also eyeing off a bit of revenge for last season with the whole Zorko squirrel grip situation that essentially ended our season when we needed a win over the Crows and we were without our inspirational captain thanks to Zorko. Now it's our turn to potentially end their season/premiership hopes on their home turf.

Ben King needs to go watch tape of Nick Riewoldt and figure out how to play as a forward on the lead. He is a below average pack and contested mark so constantly calling for the ball on his head is just stupidity.
He has an elite 5 metre burst and should be using that to get a metre or so of space and take marks on the lead. Wastes F50 entries not moving and just hoping the ball lands in his lap.

Ben King needs to go watch tape of Nick Riewoldt and figure out how to play as a forward on the lead. He is a below average pack and contested mark so constantly calling for the ball on his head is just stupidity.
He has an elite 5 metre burst and should be using that to get a metre or so of space and take marks on the lead. Wastes F50 entries not moving and just hoping the ball lands in his lap.

Maybe he is suffering from s**t inside 50 disposal syndrome from the last few years?

Maybe he is suffering from s**t inside 50 disposal syndrome from the last few years?
Maybe, he just refuses to lead 95% of the time. His only really elite attribute is his acceleration. He never uses it. A 4 gamer in Walter has provided more in marking contests and pack marks than Ben ever has. Something needs to change.

I suspect body language will never be great and he will not be Walter for sure. Yes, I would like Ben to destroy someone with his knee in the back instead of trying to reach over people heads.

The stuff you talk about, for sure it's on coaches. Midfield can improve deliveries on lead, he can take marks on the wing etc. He is actually a good kick and accelerates beautifully. l loved his occasional runs from the middle.

I still suspect he is not fully back from ACL and knee issue especially regarding confidence. People forget he did spend full pre-season in rehab group. I noticed he iced his knee after every game early in the season. Not sure now. Yet, he is on track to score 50-60 goals. I did not see too much criticism after Hawks game. A bit overboard from King on First Crack. BTW, after Swans game King also wanted to drop Collins, Ballard, Luko if they don't perform. What a goose.

Last edited:
Read and Uwland are out. I think that's a good move from Dimma considering how young and inexperienced we looked against the Swans.

Atkins, Sexton, Holman, Fiorini, Day, Swallow, Macpherson and Moyle have been named on the extended bench. I figure it'll be Moyle replacing Read and either Atkins or Sexton replacing Uwland. Swallow to remain the super sub.

None of those ins are very inspiring are they.
If Sam Days gets a game I am going to be filthy.
The bigger story is really the confirmation that neither Reid or Barrass will be playing for the Eagles. Certainly makes our job easier.

Read and Uwland dropped for not special regular old Round 7 game.

I imagine Ratkins or Sexton for Uwland and Moyle in for Read
Uwland has been lousy for a few weeks now. Dimma has given him plenty of opportunity this year, but it would appear he's just not ready at this stage. The halfback position is definitely a position of weakness for us and one we should look to fill in the off season.

Reckon it’ll be
Uwland -> Sexton
Read -> Day
which is super uninspiring, but these types of guys are going to filter in and out with the amount of young guys we have in.

Would rather Jeffrey in and Luko forward and tbh I don’t know what Joel has to do to get a call up? Likely gone at the end of the year.

Need to get the ball back in Powell’s hands and I think him and Jeffrey are the missing prime ball moving duo we are looking for.

Either way, Sexton/Atkins, Lukosius, Flanders has to be the least defensive halfback line ever name. Reckon even I could snag a goal there.

If Dew, King and Hardwick are all overlooking Jeffrey, there must be a reason.
King? I am pretty sure Jeffrey was injured when he was in charge. Dew played Jeffrey in 2023 (7 games) until meniscus injury (June).

The only thing Dimma said before joining us was that he is looking forward to work with talented players like Jeffrey. Then before season started Dimma said that Jeffrey needs to improve consistency both on and off-field.

What did Jeffrey do? Haha. He played well last weekend.

Last edited:
King? I am pretty sure Jeffrey was injured when he was in charge. Dew played Jeffrey in 2023 (7 games) until meniscus injury (June).

The only thing Dimma said before joining us was that he is looking forward to work with talented players like Jeffrey. Then before season started Dimma said that Jeffrey needs to improve consistency both on and off-field.

What did Jeffrey do? Haha. He played well last weekend.
Forgot about the late injury to him last year, thanks for picking me up on that.

I'm regards to Dew, Jeffrey was never a fixture in the team he was very much in and out. It will be interesting how much he is used this year come the end, I would love to know the knock on him from the coaches. That game against the Saints last year (from memory) where he missed from 5m out will always be scorched into my memory.

I am happy we just aren't throwing Lukosius forward this week though, need him to settle into a position and build consistency instead of being thrown around.

This selection probably stamps Casboult's ticket, would have been the automatic selection to come in and he has not been picked.

I'm regards to Dew, Jeffrey was never a fixture in the team he was very much in and out.
I disagree regarding 2023. Jeffrey was in. Dew lamented that just when he was getting a run at it he got injured again. Jeffrey did struggle with his body so far. A lot of soft injuries.

I suspect, Moyle could be in.

I disagree regarding 2023. Jeffrey was in. Dew lamented that just when he was getting a run at it he got injured again. Jeffrey did struggle with his body so far. A lot of soft injuries.

I suspect, Moyle could be in.
Yeah, whenever Jeffrey got form, he got injured.

Then he got stupid/cocky in game (as mentioned) and was deservedly dropped. This led to him re-inventing himself off of halfback, which I think he has done well enough.

I suspect body language will never be great and he will not be Walter for sure. Yes, I would like Ben to destroy someone with his knee in the back instead of trying to reach over people heads.

The stuff you talk about, for sure it's on coaches. Midfield can improve deliveries on lead, he can take marks on the wing etc. He is actually a good kick and accelerates beautifully. l loved his occasional runs from the middle.

I still suspect he is not fully back from ACL and knee issue especially regarding confidence. People forget he did spend full pre-season in rehab group. I noticed he iced his knee after every game early in the season. Not sure now. Yet, he is on track to score 50-60 goals. I did not see too much criticism after Hawks game. A bit overboard from King on First Crack. BTW, after Swans game King also wanted to drop Collins, Ballard, Luko if they don't perform. What a goose.

The king haters jump on him every loss.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back