Review Round 8, 2023 - Carlton vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Horse for courses but generally speaking Joyce is preferable to Lester.

Is he though? Lester has been quite a bit better than him this season. No unforced errors is the biggest difference and they basically are the same defensively but Lester has also been better one on one as well. I also feel like the statements about Lester not having speed were greatly exaggerated.

I get Joyce’s age and height are more preferable but he’s pretty much beaten by Lester in every major skill that matters. So it feels like a ‘Joyce is preferable if only he was actually better’ type statement.

I think Joyce deserves another year anyway. I think more time in our system will help iron out some of the unforced errors he made and there’s definitely promise.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is he though? Lester has been quite a bit better than him this season. No unforced errors is the biggest difference and they basically are the same defensively but Lester has also been better one on one as well. I also feel like the statements about Lester not having speed were greatly exaggerated.

I get Joyce’s age and height are more preferable but he’s pretty much beaten by Lester in every major skill that matters. So it feels like a ‘Joyce is preferable if only he was actually better’ type statement.

I think Joyce deserves another year anyway. I think more time in our system will help iron out some of the unforced errors he made and there’s definitely promise.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I hope we move past Darragh and go with Harry Arnold next year.

Finally had some time to watch the match in full tonight and my oh my. Besides not putting the foot on the throat and winning by more, that really was a complete performance. Dunkley was HUGE, I don't know how Champion Data had him rated 280th this round or whatever it was. Payne has finished his traineeship and is now coming into his own, he wins his own battles and backs himself to intercept, it's a joy to watch. Takes a massive load off the rest of the backline. Charlie doing Charlie things, and it was nice to see Zac snagging 4 as well. Pressure was amazing and the spread in the midfield this season has been glorious. Lachie was our 4th highest disposal getter, he only had 20 touches (low by his lofty standards) but it didn't impact the middle too much. All in all, very happy with that performance. Let's flog the bombers this weekend.

Back