VFL Round 8 - Casey vs Collingwood at Casey Fields (Pies lose, 68 to 72)

Remove this Banner Ad

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
When and Where:
2:00pm this Saturday at the windy hole that passes for a football ground in Cranbourne East.

Broadcast:

Internet - LiveChat at collingwoodfc.com.au, full video replay available on Monday/Tuesday. Score updates on Twitter at @VFLPies

Team:
B: Scharenberg Reid Maynard
HB: Armstrong Marsh Moore
C: Manteit Karnezis Oxley
HF: Dwyer Witts Goodyear
F: Kennedy Cox Monkhorst
R: Gault De Goey Broomhead
Int: Young Moloney Hellier Wills Blair J. Williams Wallin R. Pendlebury Wallace Close Still Taylor McKeown*

Where They Sit:
Casey: 9th (3 wins, 3 losses, 1 bye 112.59%)
Collingwood: 8th (4 wins, 2 losses, 1 bye, 97.64%)

Last Time They Met:
Round 9, 2014 at Casey Fields
Casey 11.7.73, def by
Collingwood 11.13.79

Head to Head:
Played: 13
Casey: 10
Collingwood: 3

How They Fared Last Week:
Casey - BYE

Coburg 11.16.82
Collingwood 18.13.121

Trivia:
- This will be the fifth time in as many years (and overall) that Collingwood's VFL team has been fixtured to play a 'Queen's Birthday weekend' clash against Casey at Casey Fields. Collingwood's record in this fixture against Melbourne's present VFL subsidiary is about as proportionately woeful as its record against Casey overall, with 1 win from 4 games.

Milestone:

Jack Hellier - 50 games

CGo0eWMU8AE1XRH.jpg

Over to you...

Last edited:
Went to the game last year and it was a woeful day. Love to get there this weekend but unlikely at this stage.

Really important game in terms of aspirations for the VFL this season with us in 8th and Casey in 9th. Could potentially put some space on a few teams before we start coming up against the ladder leaders. Squad is really coming together as well with a number of players returning from injury so we're well placed. Potentially we get Moore and Sinclair back as well.

Went to the game last year and it was a woeful day. Love to get there this weekend but unlikely at this stage.

Really important game in terms of aspirations for the VFL this season with us in 8th and Casey in 9th. Could potentially put some space on a few teams before we start coming up against the ladder leaders. Squad is really coming together as well with a number of players returning from injury so we're well placed. Potentially we get Moore and Sinclair back as well.

Nah, it'll be Moore and Greenwood that we get back. Sinclair still a few weeks off yet. "Medium term", according to Balme and the living legend that is The Gauge.

Optimum scenario is 17 AFL-listers in the side, but more likely because of the scheduling gap we hold over someone, so 16 AFL-listers more likely.

Spot on re the importance of this game. Real 50/50, "8 point game" contest.

I intend on being there to watch it...

Ah, the old trip to the cow paddocks, how fun this is.

At least we get to see Levi Greenwood and Darcy Moore return though.:)
Every time I've been there it's been blowing a gale no doubt it will be the same again the sat

Every time I've been there it's been blowing a gale no doubt it will be the same again the sat
It's the worst location in the VFL after Williamstown really, the current forecast seems ok though, 17 with only a shower or two, so should feel like about 8 degrees down there.:drunk:

I was thinking of heading down there, had a romantic vision of rolling hills in the outer suburbs, nice local footy feel. And then I read this preview... Casey Fields evidently needs some public relations people, or wind barriers, or a relocation to a warmer climate, or a bit of all these things.

I was thinking of heading down there, had a romantic vision of rolling hills in the outer suburbs, nice local footy feel. And then I read this preview... Casey Fields evidently needs some public relations people, or wind barriers, or a relocation to a warmer climate, or a bit of all these things.
If they were playing in Lilydale or Chirnside Park you'd be on the money.

Unfortunately the only word I can think of to describe Casey Fields is 'arse'.

Can't make it this week - again - so best of luck to us. And especially to Mr Reid and Mr Moore.

Been out to Casey a couple of times. The word 'soulless' comes to mind. Still, it's a ground, and we're playing, and we have some very choice players in the twos.

If they were playing in Lilydale or Chirnside Park you'd be on the money.

Unfortunately the only word I can think of to describe Casey Fields is 'arse'.
Well 'arse' might be an endorsement and inducement in other circumstances, but perhaps not in your meaning of the term. I will avoid said 'arse' in this instance, I think, and heartily support the boys from the comfort of the internet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be 100% Going. Great to see Greenwood back and Hopefully Moore get’s thru Training and Plays Saturday.

I say Reid and Moore will do a lot of Swapping on and off the Bench

Even the lure of Greenwood, Moore, Shazza and Reid won't get me there unfortunately. From memory though I've been able to listen to games at Casey on the radio before.

You have, once or twice (including last year). Not this time, though. The 3SER team have decided this is the perfect time to have a couple of weeks off...:mad:

You have, once or twice (including last year). Not this time, though. The 3SER team have decided this is the perfect time to have a couple of weeks off...:mad:

Scared to Call a Collingwood Flogging of Casey;)

Really wish this game was on a Sunday. I'd love to go, but got my reverse draw on. Should of been a curtain raiser! bastards.

On that note, anyone know when our next curtain raise VFL game is?

Really wish this game was on a Sunday. I'd love to go, but got my reverse draw on. Should of been a curtain raiser! bastards.

Saturday August 8th, vs the Northern Blues at the MCG (curtain-raiser to the Carlton game).

Next week's game is sort of a curtain raiser, well it will be if they start the game earlier.

GWS game starts at th G at 1.10pm

VFL game starts at Vic park at 11am.

If they pushed the VFL game back to 10am it would be a virtual double header with a short train trip in the middle.

Next week's game is sort of a curtain raiser, well it will be if they start the game earlier.

If they pushed the VFL game back to 10am it would be a virtual double header with a short train trip in the middle.

You hope the do.

I am tempted to miss the Start of the GWS Game to watch the end of the VFL Game

Which they won't do.

Can move games to different days for TV or because venues are unavailable. Can't move them back 60 minutes to break a clash (or avoid fixturing one in the first place).

What an organization...:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back