VFL Round 8 - Casey vs Collingwood at Casey Fields (Pies lose, 68 to 72)

Remove this Banner Ad

Me at the the Game:

11201118_10152800830376290_5826482516512583683_n.jpg

With Moore, I'd suggest that he's not physically strong enough to play as a forward in the AFL, and won't be for a couple of years. Therefore, whilst his body is developing, the plan is to give him senior experience as a defender, as he has the attributes to play a similar role to what Goldsack is playing. The only problem is that with Moore, Scharenberg and Marsh, we've got them queuing up for this role.

It's a nice problem to have. Agree about Moore, at his tender age and with his young bones I'd rather have him bouncing around the backline, rebounding and spoiling than having him being crunched from behind by some wannabe AFL forward looking to make an impression. Not every kid is built like Brereton, Brown or Rocca at his age.

Would love to see him make it but was never really on the bandwagon. I suspect what a lot of people see as a guy not putting in enough and not wanting it enough is more likely a guy whose just not up to AFL speed. There are some players who never stand out massively at lower levels but can translate their game upwards without losing very much. There are some who look great at lower levels and the suspicion is they have a lot to offer but just can't make the step up to the higher grade.

I suspect PK is the latter group. He has had 5 seasons now and not a lot to show for it. He is probably just not AFL standard.

Could be.... When I watch PK I see a sweeper type guy who needs the game brought to him i.e. down back... Take a leaf out of Robbie Tarrants book...

You have, once or twice (including last year). Not this time, though. The 3SER team have decided this is the perfect time to have a couple of weeks off...:mad:

Hi Everyone,

Casey Radio 97.7FM broadcasts football on Saturday and Sunday.

On Saturday the station covers the Souh East Football & Netball League - a game of the round each and every Saturday.

On Sunday - Casey Radio covers the VFL - a mixture of Casey, Frankston and Sandringham games. The station made the decision to broadcast Frankston and Sandringham games due to Saturday's being locked out for local footy.

It is also important to note that Casey play a majority of their games on a Saturday. Casey Radio broadcast all but one of Casey's Sunday VFL matches.

The only exception to this was last Sunday when the station made our way to North Ballarat. This was at the request of the broadcast team as neither Casey, Frankston or Sandringham were playing last Sunday.

Hope this clarifies all your uncertainities.

P.S - The reason why 3SER 97.7FM is called "Casey Radio" has nothing to do the stations involvement with the Casey Scorpions or the VFL. The station was called Casey Radio" when the Scropions were known as Springvale. Casey is the municipality in which the station is located - the City of Casey. Ultimately, we broadcast into the South-Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. The station's callsign is 3SER. Our name (broadcast identity) is Casey Radio.

Thanks for listening and enjoy the coverage!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back