VFL Round 8 - Casey vs Collingwood at Casey Fields (Pies lose, 68 to 72)

Remove this Banner Ad

Many people were saying PK had a poor game. 26 disposals 6 marks and 9 tackles. How is that poor
I thought he was close to our best, he is what he is, he's not going to win the hard ball but he uses it well and actually laid some really strong tackles for once.

Scharenberg breaking 20 possessions again, he's only about 3-4 weeks away from senior selection I reckon.

I thought he was close to our best, he is what he is, he's not going to win the hard ball but he uses it well and actually laid some really strong tackles for once.

Scharenberg breaking 20 possessions again, he's only about 3-4 weeks away from senior selection I reckon.
Shaz May debut at Adelaide Oval against Port after the bye. Would be ironic in light of current rumours.

Shaz May debut at Adelaide Oval against Port after the bye. Would be ironic in light of current rumours.
Sounds like the perfect scenario.
Any player debuting is going to cop a lot of s**t from the opposition.
Remember Watts v Pies?
If
Port give the boy the traditional welcome to the big time, that can only be a positive for us.

Many people were saying PK had a poor game. 26 disposals 6 marks and 9 tackles. How is that poor

Watch the replay and you'll understand. A lot of thos disposals were Hail Marys out of congestion and either ineffectual or turn overs. And the conditions meant there was lots of stoppages and he could rack them up. Ditto his tackles, most were in congestion and I can only recall 1 that led to a free and in that instance he was actually the 3rd player to tackle the player in a rolling maul.

Watch the replay and you'll understand. A lot of thos disposals were Hail Marys out of congestion and either ineffectual or turn overs. And the conditions meant there was lots of stoppages and he could rack them up. Ditto his tackles, most were in congestion and I can only recall 1 that led to a free and in that instance he was actually the 3rd player to tackle the player in a rolling maul.
Thanks Jackcass.
On a side note your a hard person to respond to by name. Sounds like I am abusing you Jackcass. Of course I am not calling you a Jackass I am calling you Jackcass

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Jackcass.
On a side note your a hard person to respond to by name. Sounds like I am abusing you Jackcass. Of course I am not calling you a Jackass I am calling you Jackcass

Surname Cass, everyone calls me Jack. Make of it what you will.

He played a half. Still very low numbers for a half of footy though

Was given a run with role when he came on and spent a lot of time chasing tail.

'Woes' might be a bit strong right now, but if Moore hasn't played any forward 50 by this time next year and Reid hasn't made a solid return to form, sure.

Our KPF stocks are Rat s**t.

Reid is also playing defence and according to Buckley will go back there at AFL level to try recapture his early career form and confidence.

I just don't understand why all of Marsh, Reid and Moore are being played back. Moore is a dour defender. What's the point in playing him there when we have all of Frost, Brown and Goldsack currently in the team?

Reid would potentially displace one of those three to begin with, and Marsh is very good developing depth. So we have 5 AFL standard tall defenders as it stands right now. Meanwhile, we have Cloke assisted by White with Gault as depth on the other end. And Moore is played back. Well, I hope it's just for development reasons and that he's released into the forward line sooner or later.

Our KPF stocks are Rat s**t.
Reid is also playing defence and according to Buckley will go back there at AFL level to try recapture his early career form and confidence.
Again, said the other way round, by this time next year, if Reid is back and able to play at either end by then, presumably, and if Moore is getting time up forward,...

Pretty much exactly like his senior games this year :( Needs to learn to use his apparent ability effectively.

I just don't understand why all of Marsh, Reid and Moore are being played back. Moore is a dour defender. What's the point in playing him there when we have all of Frost, Brown and Goldsack currently in the team?

Reid would potentially displace one of those three to begin with, and Marsh is very good developing depth. So we have 5 AFL standard tall defenders as it stands right now. Meanwhile, we have Cloke assisted by White with Gault as depth on the other end. And Moore is played back. Well, I hope it's just for development reasons and that he's released into the forward line sooner or later.

Agree it doesn't make much sense to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back