VFL Round 8 - Casey vs Collingwood at Casey Fields (Pies lose, 68 to 72)

Remove this Banner Ad

Did they change the end? Now that would be a 'media department' if they could do that!

Nb hats off to CFC & the media this year...doing a fantastic job
Yeah, Ben Reid plays the last quarter and we win.:drunk:

Nah. I'd say he's done at Collingwood at the end of this season. Way too lazy a footballer unfortunately. I thought maybe playing for the team he supports, coached by his childhood hero and being home with his family would give him the impetus to get the best out of himself, but alas, not to be.
Agreed but I think he'll be on the list for another year. They'll probably send him to the rookie list.

How did scharenberg go? and is it a viable proposition to throw reid and/or greenwood in after the break. reid was in our best on cfc website analysis.

Reid was pretty good but still hasn't played 4 quarters.

Shaz was quiet early before getting into the game and was solid across the 4 quarters. Looks more confident each time he plays.

How did scharenberg go? and is it a viable proposition to throw reid and/or greenwood in after the break. reid was in our best on cfc website analysis.
Scharenberg is still tentative with his knee. Hobbles a bit when jogging but looks like a future player with composure.

Reid should come back but don't expect 2011 all australian Reid. Will be a good defender but not sure about how good he can become again.

Greenwood did not play and will need to play VFL next week.

For what it's worth my 2c worth.

Missed Broomhead, Kennedy and Moloney around the guts today. Borthwick as well.

Played all day with a compromised bench. Moore, Young and Maynard not available in the first, Maynard not in the 2nd, then lost Taylor and Still.

Pendles was missed. Abbott to.

Jamar & Spencer dominated. Tyson BOG.

Marsh was the pick of our AFL listed players. His run and dash was truly exciting, shame his ball use lets him down. Love to see him tried forward.

Gault good early but faded in and out after that. Clunked some good marks but struggled in the ruck and with the ground ball.

Shaz looks more assured again this week, making progress, still won't kick on the left.

Reid did really well early but lack of match fitness told later in the game.

Moore was rusty but had a couple of moments.

PK didn't have much impact, poor defensively and when you're getting killed on the rebound spread can't afford a player not to be accountable. At his most involved in play when on-ball but still too laconic.

Young was hot and cold, needs to learn that he doesn't always need to try and kick the bladder out of the footy.

Best games I've seen from Goodyear and Manteit who weren't dominant but at least contributed across the 4 quarters.

Least impact I've seen Cox have although he did take a couple of nice contested marks.

TA and Dwyer as you'd expect although Dwyer probably a little less damaging than you'd expect.

Good to catch up with JW and meet the infamous Bat and his father.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TradeDraft Dave, in your opinion, how far away from senior selection are
  • Reid
  • Scharenberg
  • Marsh
  • Moore

Reid and Marsh could play Next Week.

Moore could play 4-5 Weeks and Scharanbeg is probably about 6-8 Weeks

Scharenberg is still tentative with his knee. Hobbles a bit when jogging but looks like a future player with composure.

Reid should come back but don't expect 2011 all australian Reid. Will be a good defender but not sure about how good he can become again.

Greenwood did not play and will need to play VFL next week.

you would think if all were in brilliant form 'hypothetically speaking of course.. we'd be an absolute premiership threat. i have given it thought.. im very confident in saying that.

Yeah, 6 or so games into his career. An extremely tall bloke trying to play in what were apparently very windy conditions, but some were prepared to say they'd seen enough to know it was all over for him!

I thought he was ok, what i do like is he seems to understand the game quite well, runs to the right spots, reads the play very well even made 2 great intercept spoils yesterday, and what a massive massive unit. He just seems to know what to do in a lot of situations but has not got the nous or experience to execute what he wants to do.

What he needs to work on is his turning circle and defensive positioning, i am sure it will all come together eventually for him, whether that is in the AFL or VFL who knows.

I thought he was ok, what i do like is he seems to understand the game quite well, runs to the right spots, reads the play very well even made 2 great intercept spoils yesterday, and what a massive massive unit. He just seems to know what to do in a lot of situations but has not got the nous or experience to execute what he wants to do.

What he needs to work on is his turning circle and defensive positioning, i am sure it will all come together eventually for him, whether that is in the AFL or VFL who knows.
It was always going to be a bit of a longshot that he would make it, but given that he has cost us very little, a gamble well worth taking. Most reports on his progress have been positive, so I'm sure he'll get at least a couple of years to show what he can do.

It was always going to be a bit of a longshot that he would make it, but given that he has cost us very little, a gamble well worth taking. Most reports on his progress have been positive, so I'm sure he'll get at least a couple of years to show what he can do.
Only one hundred grand a year apparently. ....as you guys say drunk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back