Game Day Round 8 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 03/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I swear to god every week whoever Carlton is playing has had injury outs of their good players.

Off the dome- Tom Stewart was out for the Cats, Sam Taylor was out for GWS.
Now Jordy and Mitchell.

Unreal

It must be concerning for Fin that he still can’t get a game with our two best clearance players out.If he’s not ready to play now then when?
They've decided to give Sullivan a run. They weren't going to bring in two unproven mids at once.

“Too big for Fin”?

Come on Jen. Fin’s 188cm and Sullivan is 180cm. Schultz will probably get a run in there too and he’s 178cm. If Fin’s not big enough now in his 4th season at age 22 then hard to imagine he ever will be.

Sadly I think “too good for Fin” is probably closer to the mark.

Here’s hoping Sullivan looks more at home in the engine room.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'm not talking about height, but strength. Sullivan is solid and real strong. Fin is still built like a kid..

I think the section of Markov is about getting the ball forward quickly.
If we can get the ball into F50 quickly we can expose the scum's defence.
Fin will get his chance.
I would think he will get a full game against WC.
Hyphen seems like the most likely sub.

They've decided to give Sullivan a run. They weren't going to bring in two unproven mids at once.
Yes,it looks that way.But I thought Fin was the first in line when we had injuries to our midfielders.I thought it was telling when Fly said the other day that Macrae was playing well at the VFL level.I think he usually says he’s playing above the VFL level,doesn’t he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange to see Markov and Noble in the same team, has that happened before? Unless Markov is the sub
Markov is not on the interchange, so he's not the sub.

But maybe have a think about how many games Markov played for us last year, and then have a think about how there was a lot of talk about how many consecutive games Noble had played for us prior to being dropped for finals.

I'm not talking about height, but strength. Sullivan is solid and real strong. Fin is still built like a kid..

The point still stands. He’s a 22 year old, 4th year player, trying to make it as a centre square mid. He has no other position.

If the coaches don’t think he’s strong enough to hold his own in there, then that’s not going to suddenly change.

Fin has averaged 29 touches three weeks in a row in the VFL and has still been overlooked with Mitchell and DeGoey both out.

It looks like we’re moving on to trial others. Sad for Fin but good luck to Sullivan and those still to come like Allan, Bytel and DiMattia.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep looks like we've moved on from Fin.

Devastating for him. Clearly not rated by the coaches. Should've traded him last year. No doubt will be another club next year

It must be concerning for Fin that he still can’t get a game with our two best clearance players out.If he’s not ready to play now then when?
Yep, after 9 games in his first year in 2021, he's now played about 7 quarters of AFL footy in 2.5 years since Fly arrived.

After a great pre-season and continued strong VFL form (coaches MVP this week!), if he isn't selected with Adams gone and Titch and JDG out, it looks like he isn't AFL rated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back