Game Day Round 9: Essendon v Fremantle, Marvel Stadium, 16/5/21, 1.10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Once again, quoting stats instead of using your eyes.
I've watched quite a few Freo games this year. He's been great, part of the reason they've won 4 games. And the stats back it up, you're using the old "yeah but I watch games" defence because you don't have any evidence to go along with your argument.

We are having trouble with the way they set their defence. The run a vertical zone line rather than a horizontal.
So it is three vertical lines of 4 or 5 rather than four horizontal.
We are struggling to get the work rate to get outside it and it is making the short 45 kicks a lot harder.

Some 💩 skill level when not under pressure has not helped.

At the game sitting level 1 on the wing, definitely noticing how small our midfielders are compared to theirs. Fyfe and Mundy standing next to Parish and Merrett looks almost comical. Also, Ham is just so small! Had a point where there was a 50/50 hospital ball and he backed right out, pretty damming and the crowd let him know about it. Basic skill errors are killing us, despite the Freo pressure definitely not being Richmond like. Lots to correct if we're going to win this.

We’re struggling to pick our way through their zone by foot look much better when there is overlap run from behind. Not enough pressure defensively around the ground they are hitting up targets easily

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've watched quite a few Freo games this year. He's been great, part of the reason they've won 4 games. And the stats back it up, you're using the old "yeah but I watch games" defence because you don't have any evidence to go along with your argument.
What evidence do you want? What would change your opinion of Matt Taberner being a top forward in the league?

What evidence do you want? What would change your opinion of Matt Taberner being a top forward in the league?
Give me undisputable facts, like I've given you. You're caught in not wanting him to be good because he used to be mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back