Preview Round 9 Friday May 10th - Keninly Foodbowl Cwub vs. Scott's Tots Goodbye (To 2025) New; Have We Lost Yet Discussion @ The Cattery

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said i was being brutally honest and probably a bit harsh. Personally, I'd prob front up for a game with a virus unless you are completely bed ridden (which i doubt he still is as he has had it all week). But it must be pretty bad.

Didn't Tredders play one of the games of his career with the Flu in the 2003 semi final. I know the stakes aren't as high here and Sweet ain't no Tredders but i do feel like our season is slipping away if it hasn't already. This is the dice i would've rolled, not a bloody hamstring to the captain.

Michael Jordan's famous "flu game" he didn't actually have the flu. He had the shits or some mild food poisoning or something. If you have the flu you're energy levels are usually completely zapped.

Really? He's hardly some superstar player where 75% of him is better than the next best alternative. No problem with giving Visentini a shot rather than playing a guy who has been under the weather.
Pretty simple, keep him away from the Club until the virus clears up.

Ruckman are supposed to crash into each other; rubbish to compare it to someone who in pre-covid days may have played ill.

youse need to understand that Geelong are the greatest team of all, and we are *ing useless in comparison.

it's foolish not to acknowledge that
"clearly there is information around the difficulty of getting from Tullamarine to Kardinia Park"

What he said is true. It’s also known by everyone, players included.

One of those statements that are so obvious, true and known that they don’t need to be said.

Feels like pre covering for a loss.

Rather than - ‘Geelong have been the pace setters for a long time and we are bloody looking forward to testing ourselves against them and knocking the cats off’

Maybe it’s just to the media but hard to see how that doesn’t filter down to every level of the club.

One of those statements that are so obvious, true and known that they don’t need to be said.

Rather than - ‘Geelong have been the pace setters for a long time and we are bloody looking forward to testing ourselves against them and knocking the cats off’

Maybe it’s just to the media but hard to see how that doesn’t filter down to every level of the club.
The coach sets the tone for the whole place and whether it's all bluff or not, it's his duty to come out and say "we can't wait to get over there and go head to head against a great side in Geelong" or "what a great opportunity for a young bloke like Dante Visentini to come in and have an impact".

Remember when Hawthorn played GWS in Canberra a few years back and it snowed, and Clarkson was out there with the players before the game in shorts and t-shirt enthusiastically geeing them up? They pulled off an upset victory that night.

Instead, our skin sack of a coach just shrugs his shoulders and says how hard it's all gonna be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to those three speak just makes me want want to cry for what we’ve lost.

Loved what Choco said. Uncompromising about what Port Adelaide is here to do.

Basing your entire game plan on repeat forward 50 entries is about a stupid as it gets. It’s like evaluating how good a batsmen is by how many times he swings his bat in an innings, not his actual score.

Now I’m a simple guy, but common sense tells me it’s far easier to create better scoring opportunities with extra space to work into, & far more difficult when the forward 50 zone is cluttered with every man & his dog.

All Nicks did last week was instruct his players to flood their back half, absorb the pressure, then launch counter attack after counter attack into open spaces where they could expose our lack of leg speed in our defensive half.

This isn’t a new phenomenon we’ve had to grapple with, it’s been happening for years. There’s just no flexibility to our game plan, it’s predictable, it’s rigid, & has proven to be unsuccessful time & time again.

This week Ken goes up against Chris Scott, which in boxing terms is equivalent to a feather weight taking on a super heavy weight. A bogan deadbeat vs one of the games most articulate & well respected minds - an open turkey shoot if ever I saw one. The Cats are well drilled, disciplined & are very clinical in their ball movement. I can see Miers, Stengle, Close, & Holmes dominating on the counter attack, with Stewart taking a zillion marks down back. This one could get ugly.

Last edited:
Basing your entire game plan on repeat forward 50 entries is about a stupid as it gets. It’s like evaluating how good a batsmen is by how many times he swings his bat in an innings, not his actual score.

Now I’m a simple guy, but common sense tells me it’s far easier to create better scoring opportunities with extra space to work into, & far more difficult when the forward 50 zone is cluttered with every man & his dog.

All Nicks did last week was instruct his players to flood their back half, absorb the pressure, then launch counter attack after counter attack into open spaces where they could expose our lack of leg speed down back.

This isn’t a new phenomenon we’ve had to grapple with, it’s been happening for years. There’s just no flexibility to our game plan, it’s predictable, it’s rigid, & has proven to be unsuccessful time & time again.

This week Ken goes up against Chris Scott, which in boxing terms is equivalent to a feather weight taking on a super heavy weight. The bogan deadbeat vs one of the games most articulate & well respected minds of the games. The Cats are surgical in their ball movement & I can see Miers, Stengle, Close, & Holmes running around like unregistered dogs all night.

Highlighted a big point, Cats are top 3 in the entire League at this. Intercepting/turnovers from backhalf and pushing it quickly forward to open up the forward line and letting blokes run into the forward 50m off of a turnover.

If Power let Cats do that the Geelong smalls/medium forwards like Stengle, Close, Miers, Henry and Dempsey will have a field day.

It's unreal the way his eyes light up when he talks about Geelong.

Reeling off the forced outs he was like a little kid telling a distant grandmother what he got and did for his birthday.

What an astonishingly strange football club this is.

Highlighted a big point, Cats are top 3 in the entire League at this. Intercepting/turnovers from backhalf and pushing it quickly forward to open up the forward line and letting blokes run into the forward 50m off of a turnover.

If Power let Cats do that the Geelong smalls/medium forwards like Stengle, Close, Miers, Henry and Dempsey will have a field day.

Ken isn’t known for his high footy IQ, after all, this is the same individual who knowingly selected a player with a confirmed hamstring injury.

Half way through the last quarter, when we’ve won the forward 50 entries but you’re up by 50 points, the camera will once again capture Ken on the sidelines with his hands in the pockets, appearing like he’s waiting for the evening bus to take him back home.

Last edited:

You kinda feel like Hinkley is gonna whack on the 2007 Granny for inspo and getting Boaky to do a running commentary.

Half way through the last quarter, when we’ve won the forward 50 entries but you’re up by 50 points, the camera will once again capture Ken on the sidelines with his hands in the pockets, appearing like he’s waiting for the evening bus to take him back home.
By Home you mean waiting to get over to the Dog Track as soon as possible so he can put $5 each way on number 3 in the last race?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back