Preview Round 9 - Hawthorn vs. North Melbourne - Saturday 15th May 2.10pm UTAS Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was just a function of the 2s playing in queensland with the 1s down here - I remember the game under laidley when Hale played for North ballarat and then had to play in the ones the same night after someone went down in the warm up
Its little wonder he went bald.

Is that the same TG who starred in a final that included Harvey, Higgins, Wells, Dal Santo, Petrie, Tarrant, Thompson...?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just got a call from Nobes, l'm up at Box Hill Sunday. Big step up from 2nd XVlll
at school 1978, but l'm game.

I'm the sub for the watergirl 👍
Remember to warm up properly, we can't afford another one going down. Did they mention it's voluntary😏

I did my hammy during the warm up before the match and had to play through it too because numbers weren't great as well.

Played in the backline and on the wing. Ouch!

Went to doctors few days later and he told me playing through it doubled the time out. Went from 2-3 to 4-6.
yeah, it sucks. I lost a whole season to that one. Six weeks, then a couple more, then a couple more. I was in my late 30s so should have just taken the rest of the year off. I have some sympathy to why the club are taking it easy with repeat injuries after that experience.

Come on Hawfies, don't you want a race for the Spoon? Give us this W.
They won't. There is a fair bit of pressure on them, and with our profile at the minute, losing to us will bring the blowtorch onto whoever is the unlucky bastard. Assuming it will ever happen.

I had hawks to get the spoon this year, got $100 on them at 18:1.

I'm confident our best 22 would nail them easily.

But I just wasn't expecting the injury list, can't see us winning on the weekend unless a handful of players miraculously recover.

Last edited:
They won't. There is a fair bit of pressure on them, and with our profile at the minute, losing to us will bring the blowtorch onto whoever is the unlucky bastard. Assuming it will ever happen.
Ala Collingwood. A couple of fit players and we wouldn't have lost on Saturday night. They really aren't much chop. The pressure of being the top side where everyone is trying to beat you, and the bottom side where teams are frightened of losing to you is minimal.

Ala Collingwood. A couple of fit players and we wouldn't have lost on Saturday night. They really aren't much chop. The pressure of being the top side where everyone is trying to beat you, and the bottom side where teams are frightened of losing to you is minimal.
Agreed. On one hand I see some obvious improvement from the first few weeks and some hope that with a few blokes coming back, we will win games in the back end of the season. On the other hand, with more people going down with injuries, I am afraid we may well make history this season and not win a single game.

I had hawks to get the spoon this year, got $100 on them at 18:1.

I'm confident our best 22 would nail them easily.

But I just wasn't the injury list, can't see us winning on the weekend unless a handful of players miraculously recover.

I've got a similar bet, had hawks for least amount of wins

This week is the true 8 point game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did my hammy during the warm up before the match and had to play through it too because numbers weren't great as well.

Played in the backline and on the wing. Ouch!

Went to doctors few days later and he told me playing through it doubled the time out. Went from 2-3 to 4-6.
I did my hammy once during a game getting out of the chair to get another bourbon and ginger ale. I know the feeling. Its not pleasant.

We could make a half decent team out of the injury list.

Backs: MacDonald, Tarrant, Perez
H/B : Bonar, Corr, Hayden
C: Anderson , Tyson, Polec
H/F: McGuiness, Walker, P.Walker
F: Stephenson, Combden, Spicer
Ruck:?, ?, ?

It will be interesting if we bring Xerri in this week.

Campbell deserves to stay and we won't be dropping Goldy.

So do we go with Goldy, Larkey, Campbell, Xerri all in the same side? It would mean that one of our Ruck/Forwards needs to be pure forward. Given that our style is calling for a He-Man style goliath I would assume that X gets a crack as that. Which is a pity because he's been playing mostly Ruck in the shambles that is our VFL. Meaning that it will take time for adjustment if nothing else.

It'll also make us slower, given the midfield immaturity. But if X is deepest forward and Larkey pushes up the ground, it may mean that we wind up with more ability to move the ball forward when we have it and a better chance when the inevitable bailout kicks come.

We may just find a new way to lose a game. We have been losing with a lack of clear structure or movement forward of the ball. Now we may address the structure at least, but then watch as more fleet of foot defenders rush the ball away.

Who knows what happens. We could win, we could get done by 10 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back