Game Day Round 9 vs. WCE, Marvel, 1:00pm Sun 12/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
💯
And with an open hand.
Fine only.
I don’t think it can be. Any strike not in play is considered intentional and they would really have to stretch to classify that as in play. Intentional, high contact and low impact is a week. To not miss next week it needs to considered insufficient force or not a reportable offence (whichever that classification is these days). Acres didn’t go to ground and received a warranted free kick which to me is where it should end, but its 60-40 in my mind.

I don’t think it can be. Any strike not in play is considered intentional and they would really have to stretch to classify that as in play. Intentional, high contact and low impact is a week. To not miss next week it needs to considered insufficient force or not a reportable offence (whichever that classification is these days). Acres didn’t go to ground and received a warranted free kick which to me is where it should end, but its 60-40 in my mind.

Surely has a strong case for insufficient force

For mine if there is selection integrity… they would make Sidey sub in the same way they did to Crisp… and that has clearly put a rocket up crispy cause he’s been better since then

Sidey can’t just get a perpetual free pass because of his achievements and status within the club.

Not fair on the players in the twos who consistently perform to a good standard

For mine if there is selection integrity… they would make Sidey sub in the same way they did to Crisp… and that has clearly put a rocket up crispy cause he’s been better since then

Sidey can’t just get a perpetual free pass because of his achievements and status within the club.

Not fair on the players in the twos who consistently perform to a good standard
Yes and no.

Rumours Sidey is not playing well are greatly exaggerated. He’s playing his role and even yesterday was an essential direct contributor to at least two of our goals. I don’t disagree that he should be on the short list to spend some time back on the sub bench ( like Crisp I think Steele has done it once before already) but talk of selection integrity and free passes is over the top.

The whole team has been better since our last loss which was six weeks ago, ancient history really. In fact our losses are partly attributable to selection errors in giving some VFL players a go… despite the VFL season not having commenced yet.

In Macrae
Scared Still Waiting GIF by Looney Tunes

Richards
Sullivan (full game)
Out mcreery
Sidebottom
Hoskin e (sub)
Annoying time. I get someone has to play mother day but should be later than. 1 is a s**t time

Surely one or both of JDG or Titch will be back in so that’ll be the only change.
Unfortunately someone else will go out. Maybe Sidey “managed” if both back.

I want Sullivan and HH to start next week.

Markov back in the side gives much needed speed.
I think De Goey is very little chance, and Mitchell is a maybe but leaning to unlikely. At least that was my read of Fly's presser

Not sure I understand the Richards talk. We already have Harvey into the side so can’t see the room or logic for another inexperienced small forward in a team loaded with them ( even with Beau out)
Who is the experienced small forward we bring in?

Also, our least experienced small forward was probably our best. Not sure what is logical about your reasoning

Who is the experienced small forward we bring in?

Also, our least experienced small forward was probably our best. Not sure what is logical about your reasoning

We don’t neccesarily need to bring any of them in. Just shuffle the midfielders around. Lippa fwd for example.

If BOTH Mitchell and JDG are unavailable then it’s a different story but I don’t see Richards necessarily as the front runner. Depends on todays game of course but if a spot is up for grabs there are a number of candidates. Hopefully AJ backs up after last weeks good game. That’s the kind of player our forward line really needs if he’s back to his best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure I understand the Richards talk. We already have Harvey into the side so can’t see the room or logic for another inexperienced small forward in a team loaded with them ( even with Beau out)
It's called 'play the kids'. Out with the old in with the new, The assumption is that because the other two changes worked then so will this one.

Out: McCreery
In: Mitchell

B: Brayden Maynard - Billy Frampton - Jeremy Howe
HB: Isaac Quaynor - Darcy Moore - Oleg Markov
C: Josh Daicos - Tom Mitchell - Harvey Harrison
HF: Patrick Lipinski - Brody Mihocek - Bobby Hill
F: Jamie Elliott - Mason Cox - Lachie Schultz
R: Darcy Cameron - Nick Daicos - Scott Pendlebury
I: Jack Crisp - John Noble - Will Hoskin-Elliott - Lachie Sullivan
Sub: Steele Sidebottom

Reckon Kreuger is the one to watch. We’re a key forward down, if he gets through unscathed and has a big day he’s a big chance to be in.

Lmao like clock work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back