The Law Royal Commission into Child Abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.news.com.au/national/the...t/news-story/5073986bb478b09cb9d7e8a42cd5bfe2

Good thing we spent hundreds of millions investigating 40 year old claims while completely ignoring thousands of children being harmed right now.

That is a disturbing story, Jacinta Price has been banging on about this for years only to cop death threats and abuse.
Jacinta Nampijinpa Price
May 28 at 9:10pm ·
Seriously this is hell on earth!

MOBILE.ABC.NET.AU

Second man charged over alleged rape of toddler in Tennant Creek
The 25-year-old man is charged with sexual intercourse without consent and is remanded in custody.

That is a disturbing story, Jacinta Price has been banging on about this for years only to cop death threats and abuse.
Jacinta Nampijinpa Price
May 28 at 9:10pm ·
Seriously this is hell on earth!

MOBILE.ABC.NET.AU

Second man charged over alleged rape of toddler in Tennant Creek
The 25-year-old man is charged with sexual intercourse without consent and is remanded in custody.

I would put money on there being more child abuse in Aboriginal communities on any given day than in the Catholic Church over the last 20 years.

Is this like when you come over all Peter Tatchell when talking about gay rights in the Middle East?
Whataboutism at its basest.

We just stumbled on this one last night. We couldn't stop watching though it was pretty confronting, with matter-of-fact talk about being repeatedly raped at multiple foster care homes.

https://iview.abc.net.au/programs/corey-whites-roadmap-to-paradise/IR1701V005S00

One of his points struck home: We heard about some child abuse in Aboriginal communities and the government sent in the army to take over. What about kids being abused in state foster care as we speak?

Successive governments still won't spend the money on vital services like care of vulnerable children.

I would put money on there being more child abuse in Aboriginal communities on any given day than in the Catholic Church over the last 20 years.
Setting the bar a little high now aren’t we?

a little deflection does no-one any harm... serious is not always good.. ;)
It’s the best they’ve got,considering they stole and raped several generations of our First Nations peoples,they are guilty by way education!
campaigners!

We just stumbled on this one last night. We couldn't stop watching though it was pretty confronting, with matter-of-fact talk about being repeatedly raped at multiple foster care homes.

https://iview.abc.net.au/programs/corey-whites-roadmap-to-paradise/IR1701V005S00

One of his points struck home: We heard about some child abuse in Aboriginal communities and the government sent in the army to take over. What about kids being abused in state foster care as we speak?

Successive governments still won't spend the money on vital services like care of vulnerable children.

Talks about whataboutism then says what about foster homes.

and yet they should. keep demanding a word about the diabolical treatment and these things will become more clear.
it is not right no is it correct... people know this is a horrible trap for people to fall into..

sorry I have a keyboard defect.. it disallows some things and I have to pump hard for the right letter..

sampson was always bedevilled by his long hair... the point is that information can be lost in translation..
I disagree.
“Hey preacher man?”
“Yeh,what?”
“Don’t * kids?”
“Whaddya mean mate?”
“I mean,if you stick your penis anywhere near someone under the age of 18,I’m going to cut the thing off and ram it so far up your clacker that your grandma will taste it”

How does that translate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found it hard to watch this. I was in foster care from 12 till I aged out at 18, and way too much was familiar.

The sexual and physical assault is kind of a byproduct of a fundamentally broken system. The reality is there is not enough resource, not enough carers, not enough of everything, and the reality inside the system is you learn early on that its all about just doing the minimum and nobody really gives a s**t until you age out and become someone elses problem. When you combine that with the fact a fair portion of the kids in the system have major problems precisely because of why they are in out of home care, and its a recipe for disaster. Group homes are the pits, but because there are never enough foster carers and especially ones trained to deal with kids who have special needs due to abuse, there is a perverse effect where group homes become repositories of kids who are going to be worst off in them, with predictable results. The only times I was abused in care were in these environments, by older kids who were even more ****ed up than me.

There are good people in the system and they try, but the grinding overall lack of everything makes everyone in the system numbed, especially the kids. After 13 placements in the first 2 years, and coming "home" more than once to find my stuff all packed into a garbage bag to take away to another short term placement, you either shut down or go nuts (or a bit of both). It took me years to be able to consider anywhere home, and to this day I have only enough possessions to pack everything into one old Nike bag because I became conditioned to being moved on so much. Not a recipe for a successful life.

I'm the lucky one. Of the 6 kids in my first group home, 2 are dead (one suicide, one overdose), 1 a paraplegic after being in a stolen car that got wrapped around a pole, one is homeless as far as I know and nobody has seen for a while, one in prison, and me. I'm the last man standing, and I don't know how I managed it or how long I can keep it up except I was lucky and because there were people who believed in me and fought for me, but I didnt make it easy for them by any stretch. When you hit 18, they give you a little booklet with details on how to access Centrelink and wish you good luck. With no family or resources to call on, generally severe problems due to all the ****ed up s**t that came before and lower than normal educational outcomes, its not a surprise the next 10 years are a problem for those who survive them. I almost didnt, several times.

We seem to be stuck in some sort of Dickensian spiral at the moment, where we dont ask what should be, if we are serious about civil society, or what we should do to honour or committment to our most vulnerable. We only ask how little we can spend on stuff like this, while applying "efficiency dividends" year on year as if spending less is the only metric of success, and while blaming those who are unfortunate enough to experience it for their own situation, and while the results are out of sight I doubt anything will change. We are all lost, and those of us who survive it are like ghosts, or like returned soldiers, just hoping nobody notices we made it, or how guilty we feel when we think of those who didnt.

This is what we have become as a society. This is what we value, and don't. This is who we are.

This ^ makes me feel incredibly sad, yet still amazed by the ability humans have to overcome such a hideous upbringing. For you this seems to be an ongoing process. Despite this, you seem incredibly well-adjusted, from what you've written so beautifully.

This overcoming can make for remarkable humans. As for those who so badly mistreated you and your fellow-travellers, they're less than human, as are those who are unable or unwilling to fund or manage solutions which seem so obvious to us.

Keep boxing on. I am in awe of you.

Found it hard to watch this. I was in foster care from 12 till I aged out at 18, and way too much was familiar.

The sexual and physical assault is kind of a byproduct of a fundamentally broken system. The reality is there is not enough resource, not enough carers, not enough of everything, and the reality inside the system is you learn early on that its all about just doing the minimum and nobody really gives a s**t until you age out and become someone elses problem. When you combine that with the fact a fair portion of the kids in the system have major problems precisely because of why they are in out of home care, and its a recipe for disaster. Group homes are the pits, but because there are never enough foster carers and especially ones trained to deal with kids who have special needs due to abuse, there is a perverse effect where group homes become repositories of kids who are going to be worst off in them, with predictable results. The only times I was abused in care were in these environments, by older kids who were even more ****** up than me.

There are good people in the system and they try, but the grinding overall lack of everything makes everyone in the system numbed, especially the kids. After 13 placements in the first 2 years, and coming "home" more than once to find my stuff all packed into a garbage bag to take away to another short term placement, you either shut down or go nuts (or a bit of both). It took me years to be able to consider anywhere home, and to this day I have only enough possessions to pack everything into one old Nike bag because I became conditioned to being moved on so much. Not a recipe for a successful life.

I'm the lucky one. Of the 6 kids in my first group home, 2 are dead (one suicide, one overdose), 1 a paraplegic after being in a stolen car that got wrapped around a pole, one is homeless as far as I know and nobody has seen for a while, one in prison, and me. I'm the last man standing, and I don't know how I managed it or how long I can keep it up except I was lucky and because there were people who believed in me and fought for me, but I didnt make it easy for them by any stretch. When you hit 18, they give you a little booklet with details on how to access Centrelink and wish you good luck. With no family or resources to call on, generally severe problems due to all the ****** up s**t that came before and lower than normal educational outcomes, its not a surprise the next 10 years are a problem for those who survive them. I almost didnt, several times.

We seem to be stuck in some sort of Dickensian spiral at the moment, where we dont ask what should be, if we are serious about civil society, or what we should do to honour or committment to our most vulnerable. We only ask how little we can spend on stuff like this, while applying "efficiency dividends" year on year as if spending less is the only metric of success, and while blaming those who are unfortunate enough to experience it for their own situation, and while the results are out of sight I doubt anything will change. We are all lost, and those of us who survive it are like ghosts, or like returned soldiers, just hoping nobody notices we made it, or how guilty we feel when we think of those who didnt.

This is what we have become as a society. This is what we value, and don't. This is who we are.

Christ mate, can't help but empathise & feel your pain & your sorrow here.....The feeling of not belonging, of not fitting in, of being in the way & unwanted, is probably the shittest feeling that one can foist upon another human being in this world.....Hope that you can find it in within you own heart to forgive all those who have wronged you & may God speed peace, calm & happiness to your soul.

That shouldn't matter.

Hear, hear to the following.

I kinda meant that Charlie Pickerings faux,too little too late grandstanding is harmless because,he’s a catholic boi attempting to place himself in opposition to something he’s had years of public broadcasting to be outraged at.
Why now when his numbers on the abc would have been dwarfed by the ones he had whilst on channel 10,it reeks of apologetics and clean skinning.
The guys a douche,he tried to do the same when confronted with the bombers saga,”nothing to see here,nothing to see here.......everybody else’s fault....me me me... “ etc.
Grandstanding!
The tweet you posted :thumbsu:,but what will the government do,half of both parties are micks?

I kinda meant that Charlie Pickerings faux,too little too late grandstanding is harmless because,he’s a catholic boi attempting to place himself in opposition to something he’s had years of public broadcasting to be outraged at.
Why now when his numbers on the abc would have been dwarfed by the ones he had whilst on channel 10,it reeks of apologetics and clean skinning.
The guys a douche,he tried to do the same when confronted with the bombers saga,”nothing to see here,nothing to see here.......everybody else’s fault....me me me... “ etc.
Grandstanding!
The tweet you posted :thumbsu:,but what will the government do,half of both parties are micks?
I haven't followed Pickering as closely you. I wasn't even aware of his faith as he wasn't educated in the Catholic system. Are you sure you're right?

Anyway, taking a line through your assertion I can only assume there has been a tipping point which has prompted him to speak out. Good on him for doing so in such a direct and forceful manner.

You conflate being a Catholic to resisting the moves for change. I'd suggest the resistance is more a clergy related matter than a flock matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back