Royal Rumble (2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

What chance for Strowman and Corbin to be the last two standing for something different?
Don't think either are ready to win a rumble and mainevent Mania yet. Would like them to have a stare down of each other though

And the 6 woman tag match gets moved to the pre-show.

So we have 4 hours for the Rumble, and 4 other matches. Isn't that a little too much time to fill?

So we have 4 hours for the Rumble, and 4 other matches. Isn't that a little too much time to fill?
Shawn Michaels will probably cut a 3 week long promo whoring out his movie that nobody's going to watch.

Probably a Stephanie or Shane segment as well, because god forbid we can go through one piece of WWE programming without seeing a McMahon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and the Rumble is still 90 sec intervals :mad: I will forgive them (slightly) if we get a bunch of segments of wrestlers drawing their number from the tumbler.

I don't see any need to update this. ;)

RHKdp.jpg

Randy Orton in to $2.00 to win. I don't get it...from a storyline perspective anyway. He has been fairly entertaining of late, but I just can't imagine him back in the title picture.

And yes, I know it could just be weight of money. But usually, where there's smoke there's fire with these things.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Randy Orton in to $2.00 to win. I don't get it...from a storyline perspective anyway. He has been fairly entertaining of late, but I just can't imagine him back in the title picture.

And yes, I know it could just be weight of money. But usually, where there's smoke there's fire with these things.

latest rumours
aj vs shane mcmahon at mania. orton wins the rumble and bray wins the elimination chamber

Apparently talk of Orton v Wyatt for the title :eek:

This is why Punk left, you give the blokes who can wrestle and get over the belt during the down months, then you relegate them to 2nd spot despite being champ and usually stuck in s**t feuds whilst Cena headlined the shows then come Mania they get pushed aside for someone no one wants

But then they will probably say, Roman Reigns main evented in front of 80,000 people with 1.4 million buys but CM Punk v Kane only drew 15,000 and 700k buys...

I was watching Wrestlemanias recently, in nearly every intro there was talk of all the big matches and the grandest stage, all the superstars vying for something. But come WM 28, the only time Punk was champ, the entire intro was about Rock v Cena and HHH v Taker, no mention of anyone else or any other match.

The problem is, the diehards who love wrestling and love your Punks, Styles, Owens etc will keep watching and bitching getting talk, but the WWE obviously feel its the kids and their parents they need to capture and keep and that is a lot harder as they don't care for good wrestlers, they want the over the top characters and superman comebacks.

So WWE is now a battle between keeping the older fans with good wrestling on the show but showcasing the larger than life characters for the kids who the real wrestling fans cannot stand

Apparently talk of Orton v Wyatt for the title :eek:

This is why Punk left, you give the blokes who can wrestle and get over the belt during the down months, then you relegate them to 2nd spot despite being champ and usually stuck in s**t feuds whilst Cena headlined the shows then come Mania they get pushed aside for someone no one wants

But then they will probably say, Roman Reigns main evented in front of 80,000 people with 1.4 million buys but CM Punk v Kane only drew 15,000 and 700k buys...

I was watching Wrestlemanias recently, in nearly every intro there was talk of all the big matches and the grandest stage, all the superstars vying for something. But come WM 28, the only time Punk was champ, the entire intro was about Rock v Cena and HHH v Taker, no mention of anyone else or any other match.

The problem is, the diehards who love wrestling and love your Punks, Styles, Owens etc will keep watching and bitching getting talk, but the WWE obviously feel its the kids and their parents they need to capture and keep and that is a lot harder as they don't care for good wrestlers, they want the over the top characters and superman comebacks.

So WWE is now a battle between keeping the older fans with good wrestling on the show but showcasing the larger than life characters for the kids who the real wrestling fans cannot stand

It's not simply kids and parents to blame. The average audience age (TV audience; live attendance is irrelevant) is over 35/40. Older than it was during 1997-2002. There are a lot of people who like the stupid superhero overcum da odds stuff. Those are the assholes you occasionally see wearing a Cena t-shirt and cap. And consider USA Network, the channel WWE airs on in America. Aside from Mr. Robot its programming is all s**t.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back