Official Team Thread Roys FFC Season 30 Community Rooms - Congratulations Jacknah_8 !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think RobR should pay for his last whiskey, he drank it after all.
Mate i had the most weirdest day yesterday, we buried Mum with only 10 people allowed and they even had a cemetery marshal driving around keeping all the ILLEGAL mourners at bay. But the worst thing was we were not allowed to have a wake, so it was just me the wife and a dozen stubbies of stout.

Mate i had the most weirdest day yesterday, we buried Mum with only 10 people allowed and they even had a cemetery marshal driving around keeping all the ILLEGAL mourners at bay. But the worst thing was we were not allowed to have a wake, so it was just me the wife and a dozen stubbies of stout.
Crazy times mate. You and the wife makes 2 and it's considered a party. At least you got to pay your respects. I'll be at the bar soon just getting out of the shower. If you get there before me can you call I bleed Blue a taxi?

Again, you have all our thoughts with you at these difficult times.

A friend lost her father-in-law earlier in the year and no-one was allowed to attend the funeral. I don't think (as I said to Runk in a different thread) anyone has actually thought about the implications or how best to manage it - it's just blanket enforcement of s**t rules. There are necessary steps that need to be taken, but no-one has the brains to build in sensible flexibility....

Again, you have all our thoughts with you at these difficult times.

A friend lost her father-in-law earlier in the year and no-one was allowed to attend the funeral. I don't think (as I said to Runk in a different thread) anyone has actually thought about the implications or how best to manage it - it's just blanket enforcement of sh*t rules. There are necessary steps that need to be taken, but no-one has the brains to build in sensible flexibility....
I went through something similar last month, lost my grandfather (he raised me) but I couldn't even go to the funeral cause it was in Melbourne and I couldn't get an exemption to travel there from regional vic. Only 4 people went, absolute cluster* I was devastated about it all

I went through something similar last month, lost my grandfather (he raised me) but I couldn't even go to the funeral cause it was in Melbourne and I couldn't get an exemption to travel there from regional vic. Only 4 people went, absolute clusterfu** I was devastated about it all

Really sorry to hear that, it's been tough times for a lot of people - hopefully there are better times ahead for everyone...

Really sorry to hear that, it's been tough times for a lot of people - hopefully there are better times ahead for everyone...
Worst part is I still can't get down to see my Nan since my pop passed. It's getting all a bit ridiculous now, I have a genuine reason to travel there and they arent even metro. Somehow Pakenham is considered metro Melbourne :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very sorry to hear about your loss mate.

That's just horrible that eveyone couldn't be there to pay their respects.

Very sorry to hear about your loss mate.

That's just horrible that eveyone couldn't be there to pay their respects.
Thanks mate, one saving grace i didn't mention was the funeral company did supply a live feed of the funeral which was quite good from the feedback i received.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back