Rucci can still bite when he wants to

Remove this Banner Ad

This notion that Tredrea is better off on 5AA calling s**t out is rubbish, he's done that for two years & to a lesser extent so has Ginever at times and it's nice but achieves little, they keep extending the fraud.. he's putting his balls on the line back him FFS!
What do you think the board does? they arent meeting after every game to discuss Keninkleys performance. They probably wont talk football at all unless we have a bad season and media pressure mounts (uhhh).

They are right that Tredrea is better suited to being on the football committee, just not when Koch is in charge. its all very pointless until we get the license back.

They are right that Tredrea is better suited to being on the football committee,

Not when the football committee had its recommendation rejected at the end of 2022, at least one board member resigned thereafter, and his recommendation for replacement was told by the Chairman to “learn about the club first” when other notable appointments certainly didn’t have to.

What do you think the board does? they arent meeting after every game to discuss Keninkleys performance. They probably wont talk football at all unless we have a bad season and media pressure mounts (uhhh).

They are right that Tredrea is better suited to being on the football committee, just not when Koch is in charge. its all very pointless until we get the license back.
And how to you think we get control of the board back without pricking these egos in charge?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

And how to you think we get control of the board back without pricking these egos in charge?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
By waiting for the Crows to get theirs back, then campaigning for ours too? Theres no quick fix to any of our problems.

In the meantime I assume the board is doing the right things to put us in a position where we can realistically do that? i.e. clearing debt

By waiting for the Crows to get theirs back, then campaigning for ours too? Theres no quick fix to any of our problems.

In the meantime I assume the board is doing the right things to put us in a position where we can realistically do that? i.e. clearing debt
They're clearing debt because it just makes their job easier. But why would they be pushing for the AFL to hand back control of the club to the club members? Right now the AFL is happy with them just drifting along, why would the current board want to introduce accountibility of having to convince the club membership to re-elect them?.

They're clearing debt because it just makes their job easier. But why would they be pushing for the AFL to hand back control of the club to the club members? Right now the AFL is happy with them just drifting along, why would the current board want to introduce accountibility of having to convince the club membership to re-elect them?.
Where did I say they will? The push will have to come from outside the club just like the BBTB campaign, if there are enough influentual people to run it and the average fan cares enough to support it.

I must have missed this, after '22 Davies' recommended to terminate Kennel?

I don’t know whether Davies was directly involved or was external to the review, but at the end of 2022 the football committee recommended termination than labour through a lame duck year where he was almost certainly gone anyway (or so everyone assumed).

The board rejected the recommendation citing being unable/unwilling to pay him out and hire his replacement.

I don’t know whether Davies was directly involved or was external to the review, but at the end of 2022 the football committee recommended termination than labour through a lame duck year where he was almost certainly gone anyway (or so everyone assumed).

The board rejected the recommendation citing being unable/unwilling to pay him out and hire his replacement.
Was this the year proceeding Koch saying we could afford it but didn't want to?

I mean, that would've been an obvious recommendation from anyone who's even half-heartedly watch Port the last few years, I didn't realise it was officially put to the board

This club. It's become an inverse babushka doll of campaignerery

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a lasting memory of Abba. When I was a kid in the early 80s I liked collecting autographs, and had the autograph of basically every player who played at least 1 game. I had the number 12 on my back. There was only ever 1 player who wouldn't sign my book, and it was Abernethy. It would have been at least 7 or 8 times I tried. and each time he knocked me back. On the other hand the player who treated me the nicest was Dave Granger. I was with my Mum in the club rooms, and she encouraged me to approach him. I was a little bit intimidated, because he seemed pretty scary, but he was great. He signed my book and walked around with me and helped me get a whole heap of autographs. Then bought be a Lemon Squash. I then thought he was great.

I have rarely voted in the board elections, but will definitely vote for Tredrea in this one.

I have a lasting memory of Abba. When I was a kid in the early 80s I liked collecting autographs, and had the autograph of basically every player who played at least 1 game. I had the number 12 on my back. There was only ever 1 player who wouldn't sign my book, and it was Abernethy. It would have been at least 7 or 8 times I tried. and each time he knocked me back. On the other hand the player who treated me the nicest was Dave Granger. I was with my Mum in the club rooms, and she encouraged me to approach him. I was a little bit intimidated, because he seemed pretty scary, but he was great. He signed my book and walked around with me and helped me get a whole heap of autographs. Then bought be a Lemon Squash. I then thought he was great.

I have rarely voted in the board elections, but will definitely vote for Tredrea in this one.
On Thursday, April 30 2015, PAFC held its second ‘international business luncheon’ in Hong Kong in the Sports Hall at the HKFC. It was set up after Koch indicated he wanted to do something in HK on his way back from his Channel 7 gig at Gallipoli - the centenary dawn service. The day after the luncheon, the Friday, was May Day, a public holiday in HK, one of three of four brought in by Beijing post-Handover.

Bruce Abernethy flew up with the club delegation to act as emcee. Graham Cornes came too; I had a a couple of chats with Graham, being fellow Vietnam Vets.

But Aber … no way. Spoke to nobody for the two days he was here. Was not interested in talking to ‘foreigners’, only persons who’d come with him, who’d shepherded him into the gig, like Richo and of course Koch.

He seemed to me at the time to be a rather discontented individual.

Parachuting him on to the board would be a typical Koch ploy. He will add nothing, do nothing, take insufficient interest in serving the interest of PAFC members no matter what he tells us about himself whilst playing his role in Koch’s quest to block Tredrea.

Granger for the board?

You should have asked Dave to get Abba's autograph for you. Nobody said No to Dave.

Get him back as coach to toughen up the players.

Can't imagine that would end well.

But on Granger, just they did with Cunningham, Evans and Ebert, would be nice if Port made some effort to extend the olive branch to him before it is too late.

Total red herring.

Nobody wants Tredrea on the board for his business nous, they want him on the board for his football nous (something which is, clearly, sorely lacking on the current board).

Tredrea was originally approached to join the board by Darren Cahill who filled a similar role on our board, albeit his experience being from another sport.

Koch is evidently unfazed by not having anyone with any sporting experience on the board of a professional sporting club.
Exactly.
We've got plenty of business noise on the Board already.
What we don't have if football nouse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back