Official Match Thread S23 Round 17 - Baghdad Bombers vs Las Vegas Bears @ Abdu Prison (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

2pquik7.jpg

Baghdad Bombers vs Las Vegas Bears
Match Preview - Round 17

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Summary

Big stakes in this contest between these two sides. The winner will gain a home final while the loser may have to travel in week one of the finals. Funnily enough, the Bears are currently lower then the Bombers on the SFA ladder, however won more games throughout the season. It is with a 4-point penalty that the Bears are currently sitting in 7th position on the ladder with 9 wins while the Bombers could count themselves lucky sitting in 4th spot with 8 wins next to their name.

What a season the Bombers have had. A controversy off-season recruting by newly appointed captain HaroLad had the whole SFA talking. However fast forward 16 weeks and the Bombers are sitting 4th and looking at making a big splash in the finals series. Genius or luck? You decide.

The Bears are on a premiership defence and have been good without being amazing. They currently sit in 7th spot and have a finals spot sewn up despite the result on the weekend. Can they do a Western Bulldogs type story and make a Grand Final from 7th spot and go back to back, or will they fall away in straight sets? I'm going to go with the ladder.

Where and When: Abdu Prision, Sunday May 28th

LAST TIME THEY MET

2rcssr6.jpg

If Sunday's game is anything like the last game these two sides play, we'll be in for a great contest to end the home and away season for these two sides. The home team, the Bears, won the contest 13.8.86 to 11.13.79 with the Bombers counting themselves unlucky with missed opportunities in front of goal. Dingster had a big outing against the Bombers in round 11 with 24 disposals and 3 goals while returning son, tim_saints had a big influence with 15 disposals and 2 goals for his evening.

The Bombers whose 2nd quarter saw them kick 3.5 for the quarter battled hard but the reigning premiers just knew how to close out the game. TheCoach16 was a culprit in front of goal kicking 3 behinds, otherwise having a good game with 17 touches and kicking 2 goals while miggs stood out with his tackling power with 8 for the game from 15 possessions and a goal next to his name.

LEAGUE TEAMS

BAGHDAD BOMBERS - RD16 TEAM
B: saintkildaman - Shermy - ctacp
HB: ant555 - beez - Biggy_Boy
C: TheCoach16 - Tony Lynn 15 - PhenomenalV1
HF: Trust_in_sps - GJD23 - arrowman
F: iDon - Itsmyshow - burningdwarf
R: KohPhi - HaroLad - miggs
INT: Established1870 - Stan The Caddy

LAS VEGAS BEARS - RD16 TEAM
B:
avishka5 - RU_ - Jack Bradley
HB: SpaceClef - KO_KO - AngryRanga
C: JoshWoodenSpoon - tim_saints - Matera92
HF: OFFtheBALL - Noidenous - RookiePick
F: matt_bas - Doctor Gero - reggie
R: kane249 - Dingster - Avatarp

INT: Gee Dub - Jay-Z

KEY MATCH-UPS

1. HaroLad vs The Filth Wizard
Speaks for itself doesn't it?

2. TheCoach16 vs GN80
This one match up should be a fascinating contest. TheCoach16 has had a stellar rookie season with 274 disposals up to date averaging 18.3 per game on the wing while GN80 is a star of the competition currently sitting 11th in the competition in disposals with 302 for the season averaging 20.1

Whoever gets on top in this contest will help their side go a long way to winning this match

Captains please submit Official Team Sheets by 11.59 AEST Thursday

2. TheCoach16 vs GN80
This one match up should be a fascinating contest. TheCoach16 has had a stellar rookie season with 274 disposals up to date averaging 18.3 per game on the wing while GN80 is a star of the competition currently sitting 11th in the competition in disposals with 302 for the season averaging 20.1. Whoever gets on top in this contest will help their side go a long way to winning this match

Have I arrived too early for an accurate OP?

Great. Thanks haydo, no pressure at all.
Implying the result is hinging on my ability to match it with one of the most prolific players going around....

But, with a total of 95 possessions and over 300 DT points in my last three games, I may just be up for the challenge...

Bombers by six goals.

Edit: it appears this post may be completely redundant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This MOTR stuff is draining. So much responsibility on the principle club in the comp this season. A burden we carry without complaint though.

Hey... I know how to Qootball... well kinda.

Hello, Doctor Gero
More than happy to give you another Qootball lesson.

The Bombers have not lost at home all season. And we have won on every occasion when our game was MOTR. We have an average winning margin over the Bears of 43.7 points.
(Some or all of the above facts may not be facts at all)

I guarantee a win for the Bombers.
(This is not a guarantee)

Well then, it looks like we'll be having an all week pre-game banquet to fuel us for demolishing the Brisbane Bears on Sunday...hope everyone's stomachs are prepared!

Well then, it looks like we'll be having an all week pre-game banquet to fuel us for demolishing the Brisbane Bears on Sunday...hope everyone's stomachs are prepared!

I am still a little tender from the ******* kale and quinoa......

Yes I have a new sweater after your spaghetti got all down the front of it pre game last week. Who serves spaghetti before a match ???

We do. as it got us the win.

Yes I have a new sweater after your spaghetti got all down the front of it pre game last week. Who serves spaghetti before a match ???
You're the one who requested it!

More than happy to give you another Qootball lesson.

Another lesson? I dont remember the first one. Must've been a good one...

I tell you what, I'll make sure the Baghdad pie van is parked at our end of the ground so we are stocked up during the game, you bring the drinks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back