Media S26 - The Edge - The Ruck Power Rankings

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantastic week for me and shows what happens when I actually get a full game in the ruck.

Maybe the Swampies coach will learn and not be a tinkering bastard again.

Also #sackantbear just because it's a good idea :)
NaturalDisaster take note what happens when you give the ruck a full game; and what sportsmaniac89 said but replace swampies with furies and ant bear with your name

It's taken 8 seasons but I've finally found the position I can excel in. For those who are struggling (RodneyDangerfield), never give up hope!
I’ve just embraced my shitness all good mate. Glad to hear you’re having a ripper.

RUCK OFF
The Edge will be interviewing the most important player from each club over the season, the Ruck who is the undisputed key to any club’s success. So for our first ruck interview why not start at the top of the edge rankings with one of the best rucks going around S26 roo2macca of the Gumbies FFC.
upload_2018-8-20_19-19-27.png
Tigerturbulance: “Welcome to the show Roo2macca and congratulations on getting your first team of the week selection as well”.
Roo2macca: “Thanks TT, good to be here and thanks for having me on as your first rucking guest”.

Tigerturbulance: “You have been consistent all season playing for the Gumbies with DT scores averaging 89 after 4 games. Who out of the current S26 crop of Rucks do you see as your greatest threat to keeping top spot in The Ruck Power Rankings and why?”
Roo2macca: “@U2tigers because he sits one spot behind me.”
Tigerturbulance: "And so you should, U2tigers coverts that top spot and I don't think he plans on waiting to long for it."

Tigerturbulance: “What advice can you give for rucks like sportsmaniac89 (swamprats), manangatang (Demons) and gym4life (Bears) who seem to really be struggling to find form and get off the bottom of the Power Rankings?”
Roo2macca: “Why would I share that information? I sit at the top and aim to stay there, I ain't sharing any secrets!”
Tigerturbulance: "Understandable, but there are a few talented rucks snapping at your heels like The Jesus, Runk and Freofalcon. Even without your secrets I predict the ruck battles are going to create headlines this year."

Tigerturbulance: “What do you make of this trend of Rucks taking marks during the game?”
Roo2macca: “If a ruck is mobile and can play around the ground. Intercepting marks down back and clunking them up forward, you have a potential MVP on your hands. This is precisely what I am.”
Tigerturbulance: "U2tigers is not going to like hearing a ruck talking about actively taking marks and commit the ultimate Sin, could mean being delegated to the bottom of the edge rankings, will wait and see how that works out for you".

Tigerturbulance: “There is a lot of conjecture about the value and how the ruck fits into the modern SFA game, what are your thoughts on this?”
Roo2macca: “Every team needs a ruck who can tap it down to the midfielders effectively. If you have one of those, you win the clearances which is one step to winning a game. On top of that, also refer to my previous answer about mobility.”
Tigerturbulance: "Couldn't agree more that every team needs a ruck who gets first touch of the ball and leads the way on field."

Tigerturbulance: “Thanks for taking time out and as U2tigers would say may you Ruck with purpose, and your Rucking stay true.”
Roo2macca: “Happy to talk!”

RUCK OFF
The Edge will be interviewing the most important player from each club over the season, the Ruck who is the undisputed key to any club’s success. So for our first ruck interview why not start at the top of the edge rankings with one of the best rucks going around S26 roo2macca of the Gumbies FFC.
View attachment 546402
Tigerturbulance: “Welcome to the show Roo2macca and congratulations on getting your first team of the week selection as well”.
Roo2macca: “Thanks TT, good to be here and thanks for having me on as your first rucking guest”.

Tigerturbulance: “You have been consistent all season playing for the Gumbies with DT scores averaging 89 after 4 games. Who out of the current S26 crop of Rucks do you see as your greatest threat to keeping top spot in The Ruck Power Rankings and why?”
Roo2macca: “@U2tigers because he sits one spot behind me.”
Tigerturbulance: "And so you should, U2tigers coverts that top spot and I don't think he plans on waiting to long for it."

Tigerturbulance: “What advice can you give for rucks like sportsmaniac89 (swamprats), manangatang (Demons) and gym4life (Bears) who seem to really be struggling to find form and get off the bottom of the Power Rankings?”
Roo2macca: “Why would I share that information? I sit at the top and aim to stay there, I ain't sharing any secrets!”
Tigerturbulance: "Understandable, but there are a few talented rucks snapping at your heels like The Jesus, Runk and Freofalcon. Even without your secrets I predict the ruck battles are going to create headlines this year."

Tigerturbulance: “What do you make of this trend of Rucks taking marks during the game?”
Roo2macca: “If a ruck is mobile and can play around the ground. Intercepting marks down back and clunking them up forward, you have a potential MVP on your hands. This is precisely what I am.”
Tigerturbulance: "U2tigers is not going to like hearing a ruck talking about actively taking marks and commit the ultimate Sin, could mean being delegated to the bottom of the edge rankings, will wait and see how that works out for you".

Tigerturbulance: “There is a lot of conjecture about the value and how the ruck fits into the modern SFA game, what are your thoughts on this?”
Roo2macca: “Every team needs a ruck who can tap it down to the midfielders effectively. If you have one of those, you win the clearances which is one step to winning a game. On top of that, also refer to my previous answer about mobility.”
Tigerturbulance: "Couldn't agree more that every team needs a ruck who gets first touch of the ball and leads the way on field."

Tigerturbulance: “Thanks for taking time out and as U2tigers would say may you Ruck with purpose, and your Rucking stay true.”
Roo2macca: “Happy to talk!”
If Sweet F.A. Rucks were meant to take marks it would have been built in SIM algorythm, but it wasn't

Taking a mark is a midfielders way, ******* useless pricks.

We are Rucks, let yhe rest of the Sweet FA strive to be us.

Typical bland scripted response from roo2macca.

For rucks who suffer from markinghanditise the edge has developed a Revolutionary ruck support tool to assist you with this problem. Matty411 has been training this week with this miracle of modern ruck science and the results are staggering. Add 1k to Tigerturbulances Qrown betting account to receive yours within 456 business days.
IMG_1260.GIF

WHAT THE RUCK ARE YOU DOING?
Rucks are the enforces, leaders and controllers of the Qooty field, the Number 1 key position player for any team. It is because of this importance The Edge will always delve deeper when they see that one of the ruck brotherhood is soft c@cking, marking qooty balls or just languishing in mediocrity.
The ruck torch for this week shines firmly on manangatang , a ruck of such physical prowess and sharp skills that at this point of the competition should clearly be dominating The Ruck Power Rankings but instead languishes in 9th position at the bottom end of the rankings with the try hards. I’ve investigated Manangatang’s off and on field behaviour to see if l can identify what the ruck is up with his form and with the help of an intervention group of concerned rucks turn him around. After scrolling through last week’s round 5 thread against the East Side Dawks he seems to be standing up and slapping down posters like any self-respecting ruck would. Key plays he made this week were:
“Oh ffs not this prick again”
“Oh, so you noticed my latest hanging art installment (Suspended Faeces)! Thoughts?”
“Everybody knows that Fishy Figures is a Russian-backed scam. Get with it mate, or continue to be a victim of misinformation.”

So this only leaves the on field performance issue. Going through the round 5 match footage it becomes obvious why Manangatang is not staying up and shooting up The Edge Rankings. Manangatang had 19 touches in the first half followed by 3 touches in the 3rd quarter and a miserable 1 touch in the 4th quarter. Simply he has no stamina to stay hard and keep it up all 4 quarters. His bantering shows he is good at the foreplay but doesn’t have the physical prowess to back it and stay the distance.
Wati-Holmwood-stre_2620656c.jpg

(Manangatang being helped from the Snow Dome during the 4th quarter)

The issue Manangatang is having in the opinion of this investigative reporter is not off field but something more ominous and something many new young rucks in the SFA have suffered from ‘premature-ejeruckulation’. He goes to hard and fast at the start instead of taking his time and pacing himself and making sure he can last to the end, a condition usually suffered by rookie rucks. It must be frustrating and even embarrassing for Manangatang and his team who are not being fulfilled by their ruck. Good news is there are things he can do to last longer in the ruck and become a great rucker. Hopefully now this condition has been identified and disclosed his team will get right behind him and help get him back up to being one of the hardest ruck on the qooty field, time will tell if Manangatang can rise to the challenge.
upload_2018-8-22_18-23-0.png
Manangatang refused to deny or comment on the statements made in this article
(because this was posted before he read it)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rucks are the enforces, leaders and controllers of the Qooty field, the Number 1 key position player for any team. It is because of this importance The Edge will always delve deeper when they see that one of the ruck brotherhood is soft c@cking, marking qooty balls or just languishing in mediocrity.
The ruck torch for this week shines firmly on manangatang , a ruck of such physical prowess and sharp skills that at this point of the competition should clearly be dominating The Ruck Power Rankings but instead languishes in 9th position at the bottom end of the rankings with the try hards. I’ve investigated Manangatang’s off and on field behaviour to see if l can identify what the ruck is up with his form and with the help of an intervention group of concerned rucks turn him around. After scrolling through last week’s round 5 thread against the East Side Dawks he seems to be standing up and slapping down posters like any self-respecting ruck would. Key plays he made this week were:
“Oh, so you noticed my latest hanging art installment (Suspended Faeces)! Thoughts?”
“Everybody knows that Fishy Figures is a Russian-backed scam. Get with it mate, or continue to be a victim of misinformation.”

So this only leaves the on field performance issue. Going through the round 5 match footage it becomes obvious why Manangatang is not staying up and shooting up The Edge Rankings. Manangatang had 19 touches in the first half followed by 3 touches in the 3rd quarter and a miserable 1 touch in the 4th quarter. Simply he has no stamina to stay hard and keep it up all 4 quarters. His bantering shows he is good at the foreplay but doesn’t have the physical prowess to back it and stay the distance.

The issue Manangatang is having in the opinion of this investigative reporter is not off field but something more ominous and something many new young rucks in the SFA have suffered from ‘premature-ejeruckulation’. He goes to hard and fast at the start instead of taking his time and pacing himself and making sure he can last to the end, a condition usually suffered by rookie rucks. It must be frustrating and even embarrassing for Manangatang and his team who are not being fulfilled by their ruck. Good news is there are things he can do to last longer in the ruck and become a great rucker. Hopefully now this condition has been identified and disclosed his team will get right behind him and help get him back up to being one of the hardest ruck on the qooty field, time will tell if Manangatang can rise to the challenge.
View attachment 547409
Brilliant. Knew there was a reason I got you on board.

To manangatang , Rucking lift.

View attachment 547409

That's rucking soft but then again, I've been moved twice in 5 weeks so I can hardly talk :p

For rucks who suffer from markinghanditise the edge has developed a Revolutionary ruck support tool to assist you with this problem. Matty411 has been training this week with this miracle of modern ruck science and the results are staggering. Add 1k to Tigerturbulances Qrown betting account to receive yours within 456 business days.
View attachment 547291
Matty411 shall be known as Nuggets from now on

GOLDEN FIST RUCK YOU AWARD
The ruck is the enforcer of any qooty club, all players look to the ruck as their strength and as their protector on the field. Unfortunately in this dark time of key board warriors many cowardly try hard campaigners who have no on field qooty talent scuttle to the non game threads and take cheap shots at will to try and claw back some qooty self of worth. It is because of this that The Edge is proud to introducing an award in recognition of rucks who demonstrate their ruck attributes off field and slap down these campaigners of the SFA.
upload_2018-8-23_15-9-14.png

So it is with pride to award the first Golden Fist Ruck You award to sportsmaniac89 for his strong stance against the pack in the 'Where There is Smoke There is Fire' Media thread when against a horde of non ruck experienced campaigners sportsmaniac89 stood tall and and held his ground with:
"It is a bizarre time in the SFA when a club is criticised for supposed culture issues when that culture consists of wanting to have fun and a good time and leave the cobblers to cobble up drama. Coming from someone whose club isn’t even remotely the moral beacon of good culture, I just find it strange; I find this whole thread to be strange."

So Rucks stay strong on and off the field and as U2tigers would say "May you Ruck with purpose, and your Rucking stay true.”

GOLDEN FIST RUCK YOU AWARD
The ruck is the enforcer of any qooty club, all players look to the ruck as their strength and as their protector on the field. Unfortunately in this dark time of key board warriors many cowardly try hard campaigners who have no on field qooty talent scuttle to the non game threads and take cheap shots at will to try and claw back some qooty self of worth. It is because of this that The Edge is proud to introducing an award in recognition of rucks who demonstrate their ruck attributes off field and slap down these campaigners of the SFA.
View attachment 547830

So it is with pride to award the first Golden Fist Ruck You award to sportsmaniac89 for his strong stance against the pack in the 'Where There is Smoke There is Fire' Media thread when against a horde of non ruck experienced campaigners sportsmaniac89 stood tall and and held his ground with:
"It is a bizarre time in the SFA when a club is criticised for supposed culture issues when that culture consists of wanting to have fun and a good time and leave the cobblers to cobble up drama. Coming from someone whose club isn’t even remotely the moral beacon of good culture, I just find it strange; I find this whole thread to be strange."

So Rucks stay strong on and off the field and as U2tigers would say "May you Ruck with purpose, and your Rucking stay true.”

This award >>>> Danny Frawley’s Golden Fist

obviously not; look at the front it says the edge ruck you

You misunderstand!

I’m saying this ruck award is better than Danny Frawley’s Golden Fist which praises defenders.

After all, without us rucks, teams would be useless

Well done U2tigers in the charity match last night with 23 hit outs and ZERO marks.
Thought you were stiff not getting BOG, shades of Houli and 2017 Norm Smith medal;)
Also great that myself and xenxen refused to mark the qooty and keep our ruck integrity in tact.

In order to honour a non ratified agreement between myself and Tigerturbulance in our epic showdown this week I, as the recepient of a bot-bot spanking to the tune of 20 hitouts, 5 goals and 105DT points would just like to say I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells and...I like to kiss my own butt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back