Official Match Thread S28 Round 8 - East Side Hawks vs Gumbies FFC at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

After a spluttering start, the East Side Hawks machine has started to get into gear, winning their past two to rise to 7th. The Gumbies are only a game behind, and with superior percentage could jump the home team with a victory this week.

Let’s get the impression of some of this season’s rookie crop on both teams:

The sim: can go fu** itself. But happy it exists because I quite like this twisted little carnival of freaks.

Well every SFA Rookie in S28 is remarkably polite and diplomatic, the Chookies are a real test to politesse.

Every one of us Rookies are thrilled to play them and enjoy what we believe to be Big Rooter afterwards. Or at least that is what we are told.

Gumbies: seemed to have a bit of a US again them attitude, but I never heard anyone talk about them with anything other than indifference.

Furies: Why are people so unkind?

Bombers: THIS is why people are so unkind.

Star:

1568641361555.png Loonerty – Averaging 23.3 disposals to rank third by random chance
1568641345182.png - haydo – Has displaced okey at FF and owned the spot with 21 goals in 4 games

1568641361555.png spookism – Twilight years see stalwart searching for identity and form
1568641345182.png - snozulu – Suffering from second-season blues

1568641361555.png Golumless – Seems to need a spark to rejuvenate, a recharging elsewhere is on the cards
1568641345182.png - okeydoke7 – Surplus to requirements, which is amazing at the Gumbies.

TIP: Gumbies to leapfrog the Hawks with a nail-biting one-pointer

CAPTAINS TO POST TEAMS IN THE OFFICIAL TEAM SHEET SUBMISSION THREAD BY 11.59 THURSDAY NIGHT

Last edited:
Surplus to requirements?

Pfffft I haven’t even revved up yet and I’ve been named in the leadership group.

I’m not trade bait, I’m a league great.

I’ve started the week angry. That anger will lead to training. That training will lead to a bag of 8 or so.

After a spluttering start, the East Side Hawks machine has started to get into gear, winning their past two to rise to 7th. The Gumbies are only a game behind, and with superior percentage could jump the home team with a victory this week.

Star:

View attachment 747331Loonerty – Averaging 23.3 disposals to rank third by random chance
View attachment 747330 - haydo – Has displaced okey at FF and owned the spot with 21 goals in 4 games

View attachment 747331spookism – Twilight years see stalwart searching for identity and form
View attachment 747330 - snozulu – Suffering from second-season blues

View attachment 747331Golumless – Seems to need a spark to rejuvenate, a recharging elsewhere is on the cards
View attachment 747330 - okeydoke7 – Surplus to requirements, which is amazing at the Gumbies.

CAPTAINS TO POST TEAMS IN THE OFFICIAL TEAM SHEET SUBMISSION THREAD BY 11.59 THURSDAY NIGHT

Averaging 20 possessions, 5 tackles and a goal a game.

If I was anymore in form, I'd already have 2nd place stitched up in the Mobbs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5th mate. Hawks don't finihs higher than 5th.

DemonJim gets second ;)

I'm nothing if not someone that is keen to break tradition.
Remember when I burned down Alberton and moved the Swamprats to a sewer?

I'm nothing if not someone that is keen to break tradition.
Remember when I burned down Alberton and moved the Swamprats to a sewer?
Funny story (yeah it's not): Alberton was offered to us as a location in the East of Sweet to create The Eyrie. Then Ant Bear chucked the shits (and now plays for the Wonders).

Star:

View attachment 747331Loonerty – Averaging 23.3 disposals to rank third by random chance
View attachment 747330 - haydo – Has displaced okey at FF and owned the spot with 21 goals in 4 games

View attachment 747331spookism – Twilight years see stalwart searching for identity and form
View attachment 747330 - snozulu – Suffering from second-season blues

View attachment 747331Golumless – Seems to need a spark to rejuvenate, a recharging elsewhere is on the cards
View attachment 747330 - okeydoke7 – Surplus to requirements, which is amazing at the Gumbies.

Thanks AB :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back