Media S29 List Assessment and Posting Stats - Annual Review

Remove this Banner Ad

I completely agree with this comment.

Personally I really look forward to our matches against the Roys. As a group they have a particular style ( don't know if mantra is the right word). They are not high quantity posters but they possess a great group of witty contributors.

I'm really high on weeks with teams like the Roys or the Gumbies. You get a level of ease, you get real good hearted banter and you walk away happy. Some teams go the other way, you can find the same gold but you have to wade through more waste to get there. There can be some real exhausting weeks though. I look at clubs that have 2-3 posters topping the ton and nobody near it on the opposition and you think, well, didn't you say you had a team PM that this clear talking among yourself could go into. And then they have the nerve to say they weren't engaged. Luckily those instances are happily isolated though.

I'm really high on weeks with teams like the Roys or the Gumbies. You get a level of ease, you get real good hearted banter and you walk away happy. Some teams go the other way, you can find the same gold but you have to wade through more waste to get there. There can be some real exhausting weeks though. I look at clubs that have 2-3 posters topping the ton and nobody near it on the opposition and you think, well, didn't you say you had a team PM that this clear talking among yourself could go into. And then they have the nerve to say they weren't engaged. Luckily those instances are happily isolated though.
I'm considering exercising the ignore button foe a week next season due to the waste wading.

But you focus on it here saying "x only won 2 threads, y only won 4" when you critique a club.

I think it is a terrible metric.

I would rather have a team post quality banter. The number of posts, unless it's seriously dire, is irrelevant.

Pretty much. Anyone who genuinely thinks that posting more than the opposition is a metric worth acknowledging should not be a captain seeing they've completely butchered what the SFA is meant to be about.

Pretty much. Anyone who genuinely thinks that posting more than the opposition is a metric worth acknowledging should not be a captain seeing they've completely butchered what the SFA is meant to be about.

Precisely.

Anyone who genuinely thinks that posting more than the opposition is an important metric should not be a captain

Thread idea: 101 reasons why [redacted19] shouldn't be captain.

I'm really high on weeks with teams like the Roys or the Gumbies

Roys, Gumbies, Demons was a swell run to the end the season on. Magical fixturing, right out of a fairytale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't realise we were so bad that you had to resort to drugs to make it through a match thread against us

In fairness I resort to drugs for every match thread, for you guys I roll out the best stuff. They're crazy weeks let me tell you ha ha ha ha ha.

In fairness I resort to drugs for every match thread, for you guys I roll out the best stuff. They're crazy weeks let me tell you ha ha ha ha ha.
That is a genuinely unsettling number of ha's.

how many teams actually focus on a match thread win ....I can guarantee, we don't and as I've said a few times, we never discuss posting numbers at all ....zero discussion
At Sin City, I can say with total confidence that we couldn't care less about number of posts. I know because I've asked about it.
"Just enjoy."

As someone who has spent 30 odd years involved with economics, one important thing to remember with stats

there is no silver bullet, and there is no perfect stat

unemployment is a key stat, but its useless of you dont consider it also with under employment, participation rates, average salaries, and basics like the type of jobs being produced.

low unemployment is shitty if youre creating crappy jobs and people are giving up on the job hunt.

Same with Waynes stuff. you need to look at not just the metric, but why it is there and whats underlying it. the why will differ for each club, and shouldnt be treated as a competition. Why? because just like economies, everyone is in different places to each other, and no one condition applies to all

people like to turn these things into a footrace, but the best thing you can do is look at your club in isolation and ask "are the things we are implementing producing the results we want". this is where is year to year comparisons are handly, you can actually learn more from these than the raw stat

I must say I never would have picked you as being involved in economics.

I also agree with everything you have said.

As someone who has spent 30 odd years involved with economics, one important thing to remember with stats

there is no silver bullet, and there is no perfect stat

unemployment is a key stat, but its useless of you dont consider it also with under employment, participation rates, average salaries, and basics like the type of jobs being produced.

low unemployment is shitty if youre creating crappy jobs and people are giving up on the job hunt.

Same with Waynes stuff. you need to look at not just the metric, but why it is there and whats underlying it. the why will differ for each club, and shouldnt be treated as a competition. Why? because just like economies, everyone is in different places to each other, and no one condition applies to all

people like to turn these things into a footrace, but the best thing you can do is look at your club in isolation and ask "are the things we are implementing producing the results we want". this is where is year to year comparisons are handly, you can actually learn more from these than the raw stat

Sorry I scanned over this mate... this is exactly on point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back