Sin City Swamprats - Official Team

Club CaptainRookiesDeparturesRanking S28Ranking S29
philreichLeviathan PieElite Finger Twirler#5#12
Rich the babe EvansMagus
GremioPower
New Recruits
akkaps (Demons)

Club Analysis
The Swamprats fill the bottom ranked spot this season, the 2nd biggest fall in rankings (7) behind The Roys (9 spot fall)

The Bushfires saw Capt Far Kern have to attend to RL responsibilities, with philreich assuming the Captaincy during the season. The loss of the Capt was a huge blow, averaging 81 posts in S28 Far Kern was a major influence in the team

But the warning signs were evident in S28, when the club, including Far Kern only had 6 active posters exceeding 20 ave posts pw .....that number dropped to 5 this season, and included new recruit akkaps

The club brought in 3 positive rookies Leviathan Pie , Rich the babe Evans , and GremioPower , but in a team with so few engaging posters, it's a tough road to hoe for rookies

The Swamprats didn't fall much in total posts, 5448 total posts in S28, to 5424 total posts in S29 ....but the league as a total dramatically increased activity, and the Swamprats were left behind, falling from 3rd ranked for total posts (S28) to bottom ranked

They're total average posters weekly of 13.65 paled by comparison to the Demons 19.13

The Swamprats understandably only had 3 match thread wins, and was ranked 9th for list involvement

The gradual slide has been evident for a few seasons ....with glaring signs

This comment from ex Captain Ant Bear in his S27 Assessment of the Club

It's a classic case of people saying it's OK to have only 8-10 posters in a club .....fine, unless some fall away or disappear ....no contingency plans were made for such an occurrence

Needs
With SarahSmiles uncommitted to the club, whilst he chases an expansion team, and you have to ask why, when his own club is such a dire predicament .....and philreich appearing less than enthusiastic about the job of Captaining the club, it appears the club needs a total rebuild

The need someone to come in and lead the club out of the doldrums ....recruit experience and 4+ rookies into the mould of the Swamprats persona ....but what that is now is confusing

Does that person exist in the Swamprats currently, not in my opinion

We post a lot and we are the spam rats. We post 10 times a game and we are in the doldrums. Too bad people do not know what goes on behind the scenes and the bond between us even if we do not all get to the game threads week in and week out. What do we really want the league to be about ? 500 posts of mindless comment or clubs with players who it is a pleasure to be a part of ?

Things go in ebbs and flows. In my time I have pretty much seen it all from the very basic at the start to the competition to have the most 100 post players in one game thread. In reality there is a small group who have stood the test of time and post media and are heavily involved in game threads. Then we have those who roar across the screen like a comet before flaming out and never seen again. There are some of us who have ups and downs over the journey but manage to stick around.

What makes a club strong is not only how many players they have posting but the ability to have 15 or so players who have ridden the hardships in their life with each other over the last few years. A few may not post at all but are still around in the background and in the team PM. This may be seen as a weakness but in my book it is what counts just as much as 20,000 posts for the season.

We post a lot and we are the spam rats. We post 10 times a game and we are in the doldrums. Too bad people do not know what goes on behind the scenes and the bond between us even if we do not all get to the game threads week in and week out. What do we really want the league to be about ? 500 posts of mindless comment or clubs with players who it is a pleasure to be a part of ?

Things go in ebbs and flows. In my time I have pretty much seen it all from the very basic at the start to the competition to have the most 100 post players in one game thread. In reality there is a small group who have stood the test of time and post media and are heavily involved in game threads. Then we have those who roar across the screen like a comet before flaming out and never seen again. There are some of us who have ups and downs over the journey but manage to stick around.

What makes a club strong is not only how many players they have posting but the ability to have 15 or so players who have ridden the hardships in their life with each other over the last few years. A few may not post at all but are still around in the background and in the team PM. This may be seen as a weakness but in my book it is what counts just as much as 20,000 posts for the season.
Don't take it so poorly Ant555 .....it's an objective benchmark of clubs ...you can ignore the results if you wish, but your Captain isn't as boyant as you

Being in a team PM and not engaging in match threads is definitely a weakness if true .....the place is about club v club engagement, you may not be affected, but I'm sure some teammates would be feeling pretty lonely

Don't take it so poorly Ant555 .....it's an objective benchmark of clubs ...you can ignore the results if you wish, but your Captain isn't as boyant as you

Being in a team PM and not engaging in match threads is definitely a weakness if true .....the place is about club v club engagement, you may not be affected, but I'm sure some teammates would be feeling pretty lonely

I am not taking it poorly. Am simply stating my view. This place is about what people want it to be. Are you saying that if we are not of your view then it is not the place for us ? Sometimes those who seem to want and tell everyone how it should operate in their opinion should ask why we have so many lose interest very easily.

I am not taking it poorly. Am simply stating my view. This place is about what people want it to be. Are you saying that if we are not of your view then it is not the place for us ? Sometimes those who seem to want and tell everyone how it should operate in their opinion should ask why we have so many lose interest very easily.
Absolutely not, we are the last club who ever tells posters how to post, when, or where .....you should know that

But I will say, the Wonders use to celebrate being a low posting unit ....now they're celebrating being a high posting unit, was that a deliberate change ...yes

Ant555 everyone likes to be in an active thread .....no-one wants to be in a ghost town, feel free to disagree

But I will say, the Wonders use to celebrate being a low posting unit ....now they're celebrating being a high posting unit, was that a deliberate change ...yes
We're just celebrating being the Wonders.

Any criticism we seem to cop on the outside means little to us because we'll just have fun with the situation we find ourselves in.

I don't think there's been any deliberate change, at least from my perspective anyway.

Absolutely not, we are the last club who ever tells posters how to post, when, or where .....you should know that

Ant555 everyone likes to be in an active thread .....no-one wants to be in a ghost town, feel free to disagree

And I am sure in the future things will turn again as players come and go.Sides ebb and flow.
Is it really a surprise we are currently at the low end ? We have lost some key leaders in the last 3 seasons and a few of our posters who may not have been prolific have not been around a lot for various reasons in real life. How many sides would have been better losing players like Dingster , Ant Bear and then Far Kern ?
Are you saying we are now boring to play against ? everyone may like to be in an active thread but not everyone enjoys an active thread full of random dribble or in team jokes and discussions.
What will make us turn it around again will be what we currently have and that is the strong behind the scene friendships we have and not being hung up on celebrating how much we can contribute to the match day thread. Everyone actually wants to be in an interesting match day thread not just an active one !

If the Wonders are all about having good match day threads then why did you actually decide behind the scenes to target me in a finals thread last year ?
Worked well. Not my thing so I stopped posting in it. That is why people do not hang around.

And I am sure in the future things will turn again as players come and go.Sides ebb and flow.
Is it really a surprise we are currently at the low end ? We have lost some key leaders in the last 3 seasons and a few of our posters who may not have been prolific have not been around a lot for various reasons in real life. How many sides would have been better losing players like Dingster , Ant Bear and then Far Kern ?
Are you saying we are now boring to play against ? everyone may like to be in an active thread but not everyone enjoys an active thread full of random dribble or in team jokes and discussions.
What will make us turn it around again will be what we currently have and that is the strong behind the scene friendships we have and not being hung up on celebrating how much we can contribute to the match day thread. Everyone actually wants to be in an interesting match day thread not just an active one !
I agree, the signs have been there a while ....all clubs have had players with RL issues to contend with, I can assure you

Well you have a couple of those friends potentially leaving ....don't get hung up on it, I'm sure philreich has plans afoot to turn things around

We're just celebrating being the Wonders.

Any criticism we seem to cop on the outside means little to us because we'll just have fun with the situation we find ourselves in.

I don't think there's been any deliberate change, at least from my perspective anyway.
I actually meant the Warriors .....I'm always getting those two clubs mixed up ....sorry Dingster

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, the signs have been there a while ....all clubs have had players with RL issues to contend with, I can assure you

Well you have a couple of those friends potentially leaving ....don't get hung up on it, I'm sure philreich has plans afoot to turn things around

How will I be getting hung up on it ? there have been players leave every year. When have you ever seen me complain about it ?
Ant Bear was the one who recruited me to the Rats. I had no issue when he left. What I am saying is the basics of the Rats will not change and that is it is a friendly place to be with no politics or cliques and that is if we have 10 50 plus posters or 3.

If the Wonders are all about having good match day threads then why did you actually decide behind the scenes to target me in a finals thread last year ?
Worked well. Not my thing so I stopped posting in it. That is why people do not hang around.

They hate us 'cause they aint us.

iu

It won't be a quick fix, but things are happening behind the scenes, which will hopefully benefit the club moving forward.

On a lighter note, I was working alone in the office last week, due to COVID-19. At one point, somebody walked past, and asked me why I was talking to myself. I replied rudely, "If you don't mind, I'm having a staff meeting!!!!!!"

DRAGONS FFC OFFICIAL TEAM

Club Captain RookiesDeparturesRanking S28 Ranking S29
AceAndyserial_thrillamike123 (retired)#12#5
MaylandsmanDaniel1812 (retired)
cammo6556 (Bombers)
A Swallow (delisted)
boneofshin
chefmeister
PeanutButter Pies
New Recruits
fumbler (Roys)
CazC30 (Bombers)
rota69 (returning)
A Swallow (relisted)

Club Analysis
On the recruitment front, the Dragons were winners, gaining three strong posters from other clubs, as well as a couple of useful rookies. Unfortunately Caz self destructed ....she would have brought much needed angst and engagement, both positive and negative.
In her short Dragon career, Caz averaged in excess of a 100 posts a week, the Rookie serial_thrilla also made a great rookie season averaging 100+ posts

This greater engagement and influx of contributing posters saw the Dragons as the 2nd biggest improvers of S29 ....going from 12th (S28) to 5th in S29 ....

The Dragons increased the number of posters contributing to the effort, lifting themselves off the bottom with 17 posters (S28) to 20 posters in S29 ....but that includes Caz's short contribution

It's fair to say, the Dragons are still getting a lot from too few ....they remain 11th on the ladder for average weekly posters, a drop of one spot on S28, even though they increased from 11 to 13 active posters
This is a reflection of the overall strength of increases most clubs made in S29 of increasing their active posters

The comment of getting most of their activity from too few, is reinforced by the fact the Dragons remain 11th on the ladder for List engagement

But a season full of promise for the future ....congratulations AceAndy and the LG

Needs
The Dragons have too many Rookies fall away, understandable given the lack of engagement previous seasons, but this season had engagement with all 17 Dragons matches exceeding 300 posts .....yet highly regarded rookies continue to fall away

Caz and fumbler were the posters to supply a bit of bite in match threads .....the Dragons need a sparring partner for Fumbler
SaltPeter is missing from the Dragons list. Those 3 posts all count!

It's no coincidence that we have a week off and someone subjectively analyses us as the worst posters. It aint the girth, broheim, it's the worth. Wicka-wicka hey-hey.
Nothing subjective about it .....just accept that you guys suck & move on .....this wallowing in self pity and trying to defend your position, is half the problem at the Swamprats

It is true that often we may seem lost at TheMase, but we are always living on the edgie. It happens.

Besides, we don't plan. We simply do what philreich in the moment. When things get cold, we use Sparkle as Firestarter to heat all up. It helps a lot.

Ultimately, the truth is that we GotTheGoodes; which makes everyone at the club, including SarahSmiles. We are happy with that.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back