Sad music theme played on Remembrance Day

Remove this Banner Ad

May 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On Remembrance Day this year they had this sad theme music play on the radio. I'm not sure which radio station it was, but its pretty well known emotional music, I'm pretty sure its been used in motion picture films too. Does anyone know what its called?

Nope. It went for 2 or 3 minutes, and there were no lyrics, and it wasn't the Australian anthem or apart of the post with the trumpets. Like I said, the sad theme music has been used in movies before as well.

Some good music there, but no none of those is the musical theme I'm looking for. I appreciate how much you're trying to help though.

There was some violin in there as well as piano, and I'm assuming the musical piece is from the 2000s..

Some good music there, but no none of those is the musical theme I'm looking for. I appreciate how much you're trying to help though.

There was some violin in there as well as piano, and I'm assuming the musical piece is from the 2000s..

It wasn't "Everythings ****ed" by The Dirty Three was it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're the man, HARKER that is probably it.

Btw, while you're in the hunting mood......there's a piano piece similar to Satie's that is done by one of the classical masters, that I just can't name/find. Would you be able to sniff out what it could be? It's not a game, I just can't seem to find it anyway. It's often played on ads or in scenes on tv, but before I can SHAZAAM it, it ends. Only the first 10-20 seconds ever gets played. It's VERY similar to Satie's as posted in this thread.

You're the man, HARKER that is probably it.

Btw, while you're in the hunting mood......there's a piano piece similar to Satie's that is done by one of the classical masters, that I just can't name/find. Would you be able to sniff out what it could be? It's not a game, I just can't seem to find it anyway. It's often played on ads or in scenes on tv, but before I can SHAZAAM it, it ends. Only the first 10-20 seconds ever gets played. It's VERY similar to Satie's as posted in this thread.

That's going to be hard, given I don't watch TV.

In the Hall of the Mountain King....maybe?

It won't be this one but Japan's 'Night Porter' is similar to Satie's Gymnopedie No.1.
BTW: Gary Numan did and electronic version called Trois Gymnopedie.....which wasn't bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back