Sam Jacobs

Remove this Banner Ad

difference is Mumford was out of contract and was free to go into the pre season draft where the cats would get 0 for him.

Jacobs is under contract which means any club that may want him, cant hold us over a barrell being the PSD. So in reality we can hold out for the best possible scenario for the CFC and make it a bidding war!

So nothing is eluding me, it is the way the system works.

jacobs is under contract, which means any club that may ( who is this??)want him, cant hold you over a barrell with the psd.so in reality you can hold out for the best of all the offers ( i imagine heaps of teams bidding for this sa lad, its gonna be a free for all!) and make it a bidding war!! yes we will be lining up throwing offers at you!! picks shall rain from the heavens, although... if i remember the last time you could call anything a bidding war with multiple teams involved it was chris judd.

just out of curiosity... who would we be bidding against?? remembering that adelaide have maric and griffen, and even if he is an upgrade on griffen do teams part with much for someone who may ( may as in possibly) be an upgrade ( please dont piss in my ear that he is gonna walk into their 1st ruck). who? another vic team?

and as for the difference between mumford and jacobs, teams were chasing mumford, supporters of teams wanted their team to chase mumford for the right price, geelong wanted to keep him but could'nt match the $ of sydney.--> carlton supporters have been trying to flog jacobs off all year, on the d+ t board and here. your coach said you wanted to offload one of your rucks ( this has been stated by numerous carlton posters in threads ). everyone of your supporters rates him behind 3 ruckmen at your club ( kreuz, hampson and warnock. good luck holding out for a bidding war for a ruckman you dont want.

i dont wanna lose jacobs but i feel currently being last in line he may ask for a trade. He has proven that he is afl material as a starting or second ruck & if any team picked him up they would be doing very well. He is decent around the ground although slowish, is a good contested mark and goal kick. Imo he is worth a late first round to early second round, but I would much prefer to keep him, with concerns over kreuzers knee & him being a great backup

lol i can play this game as well.. ok lets see

i dont want to lose shultz, but i currently feel with our forward set up he may ask for a trade. he has proven to be afl material as a kp forward and if any team picked him up it would be doing well. he is decent around the ground although a bit slowish, is a good contested mark and goal kick. imo he is worth a late first to early second round pick, although myself and fellow supporters have begged on every board for a trade, ild much prefer to keep him with concerns over , well pretty much anyone's knee who is taller than 6 foot 2.

ok silly i know, the point is every carlton poster tells us how great he is, and all these great attributes he has, but is ready to flog him off at the drop of a hat. alot of the things we hear could relate to any player. tell us that its only because you have outstanding options ahead of him sure, it does'nt make your case any stronger. pettigrew hasnt played all year, only because p stewert is a damn good player and keeps him out. that doesnt make a case for him being worth more. anyway i look forward to more claims of "1st/2nd round, blah blah- tap, blah blah - ruckman, blah blah-bidding". anyone would think that port adelaide has never developed a good ruckman on its list before lol. i guess they dont rate primus, lade, brogan and french??

Talk on our board from a very reliable poster that an agreement has been made in principle between Carlton and Port to send Jacobs your way for the 2011 season.

Aparantly Carlton are waiting on a response from Salopek regarding his interest in joining the Blues as they would like him to be involved in the trade.

Potentially I can see Jacobs packaged with a second or third round pick for Salopek.

Talk on our board from a very reliable poster that an agreement has been made in principle between Carlton and Port to send Jacobs your way for the 2011 season.

Aparantly Carlton are waiting on a response from Salopek regarding his interest in joining the Blues as they would like him to be involved in the trade.

Potentially I can see Jacobs packaged with a second or third round pick for Salopek.

Just thought i'd back this up. I know there's a lot of crap on BF but this poster is usually on the money when it comes to the goings on at Carlton.

Pass. Would do Jacobs + 1st for Salopek + 3rd though. Or something like Jacobs + 1st and 3rd for Salopek + 2nd and 4th.
Let's get serious here gopower, you hate it when opposition supporters under value Port players but here you are doing it to Sauce. Jacobs is an AFL standard first ruck which is what both Port and the Crows are crying out for. Salopek doesn't offer us much more than an addition to the midfield rotation. You'll have to do better than that, your first round pick is a bit more like it.

Jacobs isn't a standard first ruck.

At Port he'd be the 2nd ruck behind Broges (hell he may not even be in the 22 with the way AFL coaches are now only using 1 ruckmen these days).

He is currently the 4th ruck at Carlton.

Salopek on the otherhand is easily a first 18 AFL player when healthy.

Let's get serious here gopower, you hate it when opposition supporters under value Port players but here you are doing it to Sauce. Jacobs is an AFL standard first ruck which is what both Port and the Crows are crying out for. Salopek doesn't offer us much more than an addition to the midfield rotation. You'll have to do better than that, your first round pick is a bit more like it.

No, time for you to get serious. Whether Carlton need Salopek or not, is not our concern. We desperately need midfielders as well as ruckmen. To lose Salopek will be huge for us. Should we then overvalue him?

Salopek was a no. 6 draft pick who has played at a consistently high level for the past five seasons. His main detraction has been the fact that in the majority of those years, his season has been cut short by rd 14 due to shoulder injuries.

Jacobs was a rookie selection, who has barely been able to get on the park for your best 22.

Salopek is comfortably of more value than Jacobs, even to our side with our perceived ruck deficiencies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can you compare a young, promising and nearly fully developed ruckman to an injury prone surplus midfielder?

The last thing carlton need is another midfielder so there is no way Carlton will be paying over the odds for him.

Adelaide and Port need a ruckman more than Carlton needs another midfielder.

Adelaide are losing Griffin and Port have Brogan who would only have 1 - 2 years left at best. Lobbe is a few years off...

IMO ruckman are worth gold and especially ones which are nearly developed. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Sauce went to Port for a first round draft pick, considering Port offered Carlton pick 9 for Hampson last year....Backed by the same source as this.

How can you compare a young, promising and nearly fully developed ruckman to an injury prone surplus midfielder?

The last thing carlton need is another midfielder so there is no way Carlton will be paying over the odds for him.

Adelaide and Port need a ruckman more than Carlton needs another midfielder.

Adelaide are losing Griffin and Port have Brogan who would only have 1 - 2 years left at best. Lobbe is a few years off...

IMO ruckman are worth gold and especially ones which are nearly developed. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Sauce went to Port for a first round draft pick, considering Port offered Carlton pick 9 for Hampson last year....Backed by the same source as this.

Seriously Carlton fans you either want Salopek or you dont.

If you want him you will have to pay for him, if you dont then dont. We dont give a s**t how much you 'need' him. If you dont want him rest assured someone else will.

You will either make a decent offer or piss off, especially on our board.

As for Jacobs he is not worth a first round pick and clubs done trade first round picks for lesser players and draft picks.

Jacobs is a quality young ruckmen, with a limited scope of improvement (isn't going to improve athletically, will improve endurance and tapwork). He is worth a pick between 24-32 IMO.

His stats (averages) demonstrate the type of ruckman he is:

Disposals: 11.1
Marks: 2.9
Tackles: 4.2
Hitouts: 20.2

He can float forward and take a contested mark and is a good link up type player, also works well in the clearances, although could not fiind the stats. Is young with plenty to give over the rest of his career.

The fact is every supporter overrates the players on their list. The recruiting people on both sides will work out a deal that both parties can get something from. We'll ask what we think Sam's worth, you'll offer what you think he's worth, a compromise will be reached. Despite what some believe, we're not like certain other mobs (*coughCOLLINGWOODcoughHAWTHORNcough*) who only seek to screw the other club. There is a such thing as karma in trading.

As for Sam, he'd be a definite starter in our team normally but with Kreuzer, Warnock starting to show his worth, and more potential upside in Hampson (has the athleticism to be developed for other roles) he was always going to find it tough to get a regular gig. Whether you guys think he's worth it or not, we all think he'd be great acquisition to your squad and we'd wish nothing but the best for him.

Jacobs is a quality young ruckmen, with a limited scope of improvement (isn't going to improve athletically, will improve endurance and tapwork). He is worth a pick between 24-32 IMO.

He can float forward and take a contested mark and is a good link up type player, also works well in the clearances, although could not fiind the stats. Is young with plenty to give over the rest of his career.
So your saying hes not going to get much better as he is and he's never going to make a side that finished middle of the table.....Thanks that's just what we need , where do i sign:rolleyes:

The fact is every supporter overrates the players on their list. The recruiting people on both sides will work out a deal that both parties can get something from. Despite what some believe, we're not like certain other mobs (*coughCOLLINGWOODcoughHAWTHORNcough*) who only seek to screw the other club.

As for Sam, he'd be a definite starter in our team normally but with Kreuzer, Warnock starting to show his worth, and more potential upside in Hampson (has the athleticism to be developed for other roles) he was always going to find it tough to get a regular gig. Whether you guys think he's worth it or not, we all think he'd be great acquisition to your squad and we'd wish nothing but the best for him.

Spot on.

I think our second rounder is pick 34. Might be enough to get it done.

Yeah thats a pretty good summation IMO. I think unless we get a higher second rounder at the tade table our second rounder will probably be our best offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back