Roast You didn't trade Sam Hayes, maybe not so muppetty after all

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus there’s starting to be real noise we will trade Hayes.

Makes me sick.

What a *up.

Trade out Ladhams for peanuts.

Turf Hayes 7 games into his career when he’s the first ruck I know of to notch 47 hitouts that quickly that I can see and trade him out for peanuts.

I use to think Hinkley wasn’t a bad person, just a stubborn coach with strengths and weaknesses.

But the more time goes on the more he’s showing himself to be a small minded buffoon who is intent on burning the club down on the way out as long as he gets paid.

* off Hinkley

I would like an answer too but it’s kind of a redundant question.

More so I would just like to bait them into having to face giving a logical reason to illogical decisions.

“Thought process”

There wasn’t any.

Hinkley didn’t like Ladhams personally

Hinkley doesn’t like the way Hayes plays tall.

Can't hurt🤷

I know Richo has been questioned on list management decisions during his time at CEO, to which at least one of the responses was "that's not my role or area of expertise."

I'm not an expert at cleaning Richo, but when I go for a piss at work I can tell if our janitor has done their job. Step up and be a leader, ffs.

If we'd had any foresight Hayes would have played 10 games last season and 18 odd games this season and we'd have a more genuine idea of whether his around the ground game is improving.

Its absolutely sick that we've gotten to the end of another season with no idea what's happening with our ruck division. Hayes could be the answer, or maybe not. We'd know if we committed to playing a ruckman this season.

We did this year in year out with key forwards until we committed to playing a couple of them for a couple of seasons and then finally got the rewards.

Will always vouch for Sam and I think the club will be making a horrible mistake trading him. 47 hitouts in your second game is very impressive no matter which way you spin it, and it sickens me the way this club treats its young ruckmen, starving the of opportunities, turfing them way too early and then trading them for something that isn't worth the quick dump. To consistently ruck Finlayson, Dixon and SPP ahead of him when Lycett is injured is just sickening. Lycett should have been second in the pecking order when we still had Ladhams (though I did love them as a ruck duo) and he should be second priority behind Hayes given the age gap, and the net liability that is Lycett or the non-ruckman trio. Whichever club ends up with him is going to get away with highway robbery.

Extremely overrated on this board. I struggled to see what all the fuss was about, i think there was maybe one or two games early on he played that had me start to believe he could be something but overall I was left underwhelmed.

If we could get something for him in a trade that could help facilitate our other deals you take it.

Personally I’d rather hayes went than bonner.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Extremely overrated on this board. I struggled to see what all the fuss was about, i think there was maybe one or two games early on he played that had me start to believe he could be something but overall I was left underwhelmed.

If we could get something for him in a trade that could help facilitate our other deals you take it.

Bonner was looking pretty good before his injury IMO, but he will always be Riley Bonner, I think this is his maximum output, and we have multiple players to replace him. Whereas bigmen keep getting better & only reach their full potential from 26yrs onward. Of the two, Hayes is by far the most valuable & important one to keep! If managed correctly, in three years time, he could easily be one of the best rucks in the AFL.

Just keep him Ports!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty certain that the 7 games Hayes played is outstanding for a ruckman playing their first 7 games

Why do you not rate him?

Kid won our Maggie’s bnf.

47 hitouts in your first 7 games as far as I can tell is an afl record. It’s certainly hasn’t happened in the past 20 years.

His hitout win % is in the top handful in the afl measured against seasoned rucks

His hitout to advantage numbers are elite measured against the seasoned rucks in the afl.

His marking around the ground in the magpies is the best we’ve seen from a ruck at port in over a decade. Far superior than lycett and lobbe, and tracking to be better than Ryder, whose marking around the ground wasn’t really a feature.

His follow up at ground level is very very poor, but that’s what your mids are for anyway.

If you’ve got a ruck who can hit the ball to his mids, and decent mids (and we’re going to have wines rozee butters and jhf) you don’t need your ruck getting in their way on the ground where you’re just inviting pressure (one of the reasons are clearances can be such low quality is lycetts inability to clear the tap and our mids having to fight for the ball and shovel it around in a phone box.

Bonner was looking pretty good before his injury IMO, but he will always be Riley Bonner, I think this is his maximum output, and we have multiple players to replace him. Whereas bigmen keep getting better & only reach their full potential from 26yrs onward. Of the two, Hayes is by far the most valuable & important one to keep! If managed correctly, in three years time, he could easily be one of the best rucks in the AFL.

Just keep him Ports!!
We should not play Bonner and Farrell in the same team.
Both lovely kicks who cannot defend

Why do you not rate him?

Kid won our Maggie’s bnf.

47 hitouts in your first 7 games as far as I can tell is an afl record. It’s certainly hasn’t happened in the past 20 years.

His hitout win % is in the top handful in the afl measured against seasoned rucks

His hitout to advantage numbers are elite measured against the seasoned rucks in the afl.

His marking around the ground in the magpies is the best we’ve seen from a ruck at port in over a decade. Far superior than lycett and lobbe, and tracking to be better than Ryder, whose marking around the ground wasn’t really a feature.

His follow up at ground level is very very poor, but that’s what your mids are for anyway.

If you’ve got a ruck who can hit the ball to his mids, and decent mids (and we’re going to have wines rozee butters and jhf) you don’t need your ruck getting in their way on the ground where you’re just inviting pressure (one of the reasons are clearances can be such low quality is lycetts inability to clear the tap and our mids having to fight for the ball and shovel it around in a phone box.

I just feel like when he isn't actually rucking he was just plodding around and not offering much else. And he looked gassed a lot of the time too, which is on him not preparing himself to run out games. He isn't a young kid either, he was drafted in 2017. The time is now for him to get his sh!t together.

How he performs at magpies level doesn't mean much, the SANFL is a terrible standard, i'd be worried if after 5 years he wasn't completely dominating that comp.

How did our clearance numbers compare with and without him int he side, i don't know the answer to this but this is more key than hit outs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back