Roast You didn't trade Sam Hayes, maybe not so muppetty after all

Remove this Banner Ad

Teakle seemed very odd. He was playing 2nd Ruck behind Hayes in SANFL, but the gets picked ahead of Hayes to be our number 1 for the Richmond game.
They did the same thing with lil pisty, he was playing as a forward/second ruck with the maggies in 2021. Then when Lycett got suspended for suplexing Ned McHenry through the announcer's table they picked Ladhams to go solo in ruck for 4 weeks. Baffling selections.

Assuming Hayes is now safe on the list for at least one more season it will be very interesting to see if he can develop his all round game now Josh Carr is the mid field coach.

I'm not convinced all this talk of Hayes's tank is necessarily accurate.

He seems more to be the typical young big, awkward ruckman who has only just finished growing into his very tall body and is trying to figure out how it all works properly and how to contribute around the ground.

He just needs more senior football to catch up to the speed of AFL, he's already shown he can dominate at sanfl level.

Career wise I hope Sam is not Billy Frampton MkII. I thought Sam could have had a few more games last season if only to give him some experience but obviously Hinkely did not think he was ready. Sam did OK in the hit outs but he didn't quite do enough in field play which surprised me as he gets his share of the ball at SANFL level. If he does not crack the AFL again next season I suspect he will be gone.

I remember Hinkley telling us that Frampton was 'not ready' then next thing we knew Frampton was traded.

Not everyone has to go to the US. He can train with Peps who reinvigorated his career training hard at home.

I'm glad we kept Hayes.

I do wonder whether or not we tried to trade him and there were no takers? Hope not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back