Sam Newman- people have had enough of this shameless racist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks, just a friendly reminder that this thread is about Sam Newman. All discussion on the upcoming referendum - please continue ON THE SRP BOARD

Last edited by a moderator:
I only hope if he ever makes a public appearance again he gets the reception he hopes we give the welcome to country.

If you’re so offended by standing for 40 seconds and politely listening to someone talk about their culture, then you’re a campaigner

It’s another example of a bloke who will call people “snowflakes” displaying the exact kind of behaviour he accuses them of.

Welcome to country is over used and not needed. I agree 100% with Sam.

No one should get any special treatment for thing that happened that we had no control over.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes, because if it is any group of people who have clearly benefitted the most from Australian society it is the Aboriginal people. I don't even remember the last time Australia had a white Prime Minister it has been so long.

Yes, because if it is any group of people who have clearly benefitted the most from Australian society it is the Aboriginal people. I don't even remember the last time Australia had a white Prime Minister it has been so long.
Let's live in the future and make sure everyone gets treated equally.

Welcome to country is over used and not needed. I agree 100% with Sam.

No one should get any special treatment for thing that happened that we had no control over.

While we’re at it let’s boo the minutes silence and last post on Anzac Day.

None of us were at gallipoli, why should the diggers get special treatment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You said you 100% agree with what he said. Get off the thread if you don't know what you're talking about.
Haha, I do agree. I wouldn't boo myself thought... Why start a thread when all your after is a fight?
I like many are sick of you woke w***ers going too far.

Quick question, dose England demand that Norway and Denmark owe them for the invasion that took place in the Viking era?

That's once a year, not every event mate.

The Welcome to Country is only being done in finals and as a lead in to the anthem, so there isn’t a Welcome at “every event”.

Plus Newman’s rationale for booing the Welcome was not that it was “overused”. He said it was “divisive” and “we don’t go to the football to be forced to watch non football things”.

As the Anzac ceremony only honours Australian military personnel it is divisive against those who are not in the military (excludes civilian heroes like firefighters and paramedics) and it is definitely not a “football thing”.

So by Newman’s logic I we should be deeply booing or ignoring all the Anzac stuff. I would love to see this reaction to THAT proposal.

And secondly as the Welcome is being done with the anthem it should be booed too, AAF in it’s full version is a love poem to another country (Britain).

We'll rouse to arms like sires of yore
To guard our native strand;
Brittannia then shall surely know,
Beyond wide ocean's roll,
Her sons in fair Australia's land
Still keep a British soul.
In joyful strains the let us sing
"Advance Australia fair!"

C’mon let’s all boo that pommy rubbish!

OK the point I'm making is that the English dont hold a grudge for the invasion. But here in Australia the Aboriginal people won't let it go.

Yes, the English do not hold a grudge because they are no longer affected by the Danish and Norwegians. The Aboriginal people are affected by the Australian government though. If Norway and Denmark got to decide British law and English people died 10 years earlier than the Danish and Norwegians and were very underprepresented in positions of power then I think the English would be very upset.

That's once a year, not every event mate.

He’s complaining about it happening before every final isn’t he? So 9 games.

There’s 9 games for ANZAC round too, so if you watch all 9 games you get 9 last posts, 9 minutes silence, etc.

If it is so upsetting to people to sit there for around a minute, use that time to get a beer or have a nervous wee.

Being loud and obnoxious because you don’t like something that causes you precisely 0 harm is not the actions of a good person, of which Sam has shown time and time again he isnt

I'm a big fan of cultural representation in many spheres... I love going to Ireland and seeing the street signs in Irish... I love going to Wales and hearing the locals speak Welsh, especially in the North... I love the Kiwi haka and the war dances of Samoa, Fiji and Tonga...

There are many many other examples and to me, The Welcome to Country sits alongside those displays of cultural representation and I'm all for it. The more we know about ourselves, our heritage and the heritage of others, the more we can all coexist.

That being said, I can see if some people see some of this as unnecessary or tokenistic, even though I would wholeheartedly disagree with them.

But if you're to come out and say such things should be booed and jeered and then if you were to say I 100% agree with that person then that just makes you a vile piece of s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back