Sam Shaw v WCE?

Remove this Banner Ad

DANGERZONE123

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was just pondering...
This kid has been in the Adelaide side for 2 years or so I think. In this time, he has been periodically injured at the most unfavourable times. If he were to have an alright game, or crack into the bests for Glenlg this week, would it be out of the realm of possibility that Sam be given a crack against WCE next week, perhaps as a sub, just to get a taste of the highest level of football in the world.

It is pretty much a pointless, end of year game, with the only thing actually able to come out of it is a bit of momentum going into next year.

Am I the only one on this brainwave? Could this be a good, left field, idea? :confused:

Discuss.

why would we play Shaw, if he were to have one alright game or be named in bests, considering Martin got 36 possies in a BOG performance in SANFL last week and didn't get named? wouldn't be fair on the other players who deserve it more. We're not like GC and trialling players to decide who to delist.

why would we play Shaw, if he were to have one alright game or be named in bests, considering Martin got 36 possies in a BOG performance in SANFL last week and didn't get named? wouldn't be fair on the other players who deserve it more. We're not like GC and trialling players to decide who to delist.

I see what you mean. But they're two different players. If somehow a spot opened up (unlikely), I'd want to see what he could do. It also might actually do him good to get a taste, and make him work all that harder over the pre-season.

Don't know, was just a thought haha

Was just pondering...
This kid has been in the Adelaide side for 2 years or so I think. In this time, he has been periodically injured at the most unfavourable times. If he were to have an alright game, or crack into the bests for Glenlg this week, would it be out of the realm of possibility that Sam be given a crack against WCE next week, perhaps as a sub, just to get a taste of the highest level of football in the world.

It is pretty much a pointless, end of year game, with the only thing actually able to come out of it is a bit of momentum going into next year.

Am I the only one on this brainwave? Could this be a good, left field, idea? :confused:

Discuss.

I love the way the boy plays but there are others in front of him - Martin, Bling, Hendo, Callinan, Thompson etc - hell we even have some depth at the moment.

Hopefully he will get another year and we will see him in the tri colours next year.

I love the way the boy plays but there are others in front of him - Martin, Bling, Hendo, Callinan, Thompson etc - hell we even have some depth at the moment.

Hopefully he will get another year and we will see him in the tri colours next year.

If he can get a good pre-season under his belt, a task in itself, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him slot very quickly into our side. He was looking likely to debut before hurting himself back in 2010, plus the club rate him very highly.

If he can get a good pre-season under his belt, a task in itself, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him slot very quickly into our side. He was looking likely to debut before hurting himself back in 2010, plus the club rate him very highly.
The club rate Chris Schmidt very highly.

See, I can make things up too. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just pondering...

Discuss.

Nah, sorry mate.

Port Board idea, I'm afraid. :thumbsdown:

I'm sure the Crows do rate Shaw very highly, but he's not ready yet.

This kid can barely keep his body going from week to week, the last thing we need to do is throw him to the wolves at Paterson stadium and have him stretch himself too far.

Let him continue to find his feet at SANFL level for another week, then hopefully hit the preseason running and build his body back up to strength. If he can stay fit long enough he'll get his AFL shot when the time is right.

Lyons and/or Martin are the two that are "ready" to come in if the selection panel decides to give them a go.

Edit: Oh, and Smith.

The kid's spent 3/4 of the last 2 years on the injury list. For the first time in his playing history he's actually strung enough games together that his SANFL team has elevated him to the seniors - and you want him playing AFL a week later?

I know that people around here have an unhealthy obsession with shiny new toys, but this is just ridiculous. The kid's nowhere near ready. Give him a break - let him adjust to playing at SANFL league level for a week or two. There's plenty of time for him to have a go next year, assuming the club think his injury prone body is worth the risk of a new contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back