Preview Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting : Fremantle vs Sydney 19 May SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate watching the SCG, camera angles are bloody terrible for TV, everything seems super zoomed in and you get no sense of play down the field.

+ we usually get flogged which sucks

I'm camping for the next few days so won't know the result until Monday, but I think we might run them close. Their forward line is almost as threadbare as ours, and a third gamer small forward is not going to back up and perform miracles again. It's not likely we'll win but I was 100% certain we'd lose to GWS and Richmond, I don't have that feeling for this one, we've got a sneaky chance

Swans by 70 points. You can’t have a guy with decision making like Crowden playing on a small scg ground..will get caught holding a lot this weekend. And I’d personally play Strads and Kersten before cox and McCarthy atm.

Their midfield has always matched up well on us, obviously Kennedy has always played pretty good against us.

I wouldn’t be risking Walters either if he’s named? I’m expecting a similar result to last year, hopefully not as much.

Andy Brayshaw has 59 tackles for the year to date, 11 more than his nearest teammate. Plus 18.6% is impressive for a player 8 games into his career. The SCG should suit his player hunting style so I am expecting him to rack up some impressive tackle numbers this weekend.
Who will he play on do you think?

Swans are much better than us both offensively and defensively, expecting a relatively easy win for them, just hope we can show more signs of improvement from our young brigade, our defence to gel a little more, and Fyfe to continue his great form.

Swans 14.9 - 93 def. Freo 9.12 - 66
Swans by 27.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cudos to your board too, probably the nicest bunch of posters going around. I tend to see what the opposition reckons most weeks, been nothing but nicities here!
I'm off to the game tomorrow mtooler. Are you going

I think we are going to need heated up beer over here !!

Bloody freezing

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bloody freezing

Yeah mate, Bay 13 with my family. Fat Yak schooners are about $10, mid strength beer less expensive. Ill be rugging up the kids for sure.

Bloody freezing

Yeah it will be cold out there tonight. That Winter chill finally hit sydney just over a week ago.

Compared to the last time i went to the scg was day 4 of the ashes test match last summer and it was 45 degrees and the hottest recorded day of test match cricket in over a century. The beers were pretty much heated by the time i sat down.

I think i suffered a bit of heat stroke that day it was that bad.

Anyway hopefully we don't get flogged like last year sitting with my swans mates in that game was down right embarrassing they all felt sorry for me by the end of the game it was that bad

I saw someone mention earlier in the week that Buddy has never really got a hold of the dockers in the past and it had me curious.

Using the stats on AFL tables I calculated average goals per game for Buddy's career vs each team and Freo is the second lowest, just behind Hawthorn.

Hawthorn 9 games 21 goals 2.33 per game
Fremantle 16 games 38 goals 2.38 per game
Geelong 22 games 53 goals 2.41 per game
Sydney 17 games 46 goals 2.71 per game
Gold Coast 7 games 19 goals 2.71 per game
Melbourne 14 games 40 goals 2.86 per game
West Coast 17 games 49 goals 2.88 per game
GWS 11 games 32 goals 2.91 per game
Adelaide 18 games 55 goals 3.06 per game
Western Bulldogs 18 games 58 goals 3.22 per game
Richmond 16 games 52 goals 3.25 per game
North Melbourne 19 games 62 goals 3.26 per game
Port Adelaide 17 games 56 goals 3.29 per game
St Kilda 15 games 50 goals 3.33 per game
Collingwood 16 games 60 goals 3.75 per game
Brisbane 14 games 56 goals 4.00 per game
Carlton 15 games 63 goals 4.20 per game
Essendon 15 games 68 goals 4.53 per game

I think a lot of that would be thanks to McPharlin who played 11 of the 16 times Buddy has played Fremantle.

With McPharlin in the team Buddy averages 2.00 goals per game. Without McPharlin he averages 3.20 per game.

Looking forward to seeing how the matchup with Alex Pearce goes today.

I saw someone mention earlier in the week that Buddy has never really got a hold of the dockers in the past and it had me curious.

Using the stats on AFL tables I calculated average goals per game for Buddy's career vs each team and Freo is the second lowest, just behind Hawthorn.

Hawthorn 9 games 21 goals 2.33 per game
Fremantle 16 games 38 goals 2.38 per game
Geelong 22 games 53 goals 2.41 per game
Sydney 17 games 46 goals 2.71 per game
Gold Coast 7 games 19 goals 2.71 per game
Melbourne 14 games 40 goals 2.86 per game
West Coast 17 games 49 goals 2.88 per game
GWS 11 games 32 goals 2.91 per game
Adelaide 18 games 55 goals 3.06 per game
Western Bulldogs 18 games 58 goals 3.22 per game
Richmond 16 games 52 goals 3.25 per game
North Melbourne 19 games 62 goals 3.26 per game
Port Adelaide 17 games 56 goals 3.29 per game
St Kilda 15 games 50 goals 3.33 per game
Collingwood 16 games 60 goals 3.75 per game
Brisbane 14 games 56 goals 4.00 per game
Carlton 15 games 63 goals 4.20 per game
Essendon 15 games 68 goals 4.53 per game

I think a lot of that would be thanks to McPharlin who played 11 of the 16 times Buddy has played Fremantle.

With McPharlin in the team Buddy averages 2.00 goals per game. Without McPharlin he averages 3.20 per game.

Looking forward to seeing how the matchup with Alex Pearce goes today.
Great post. McPharlin was a gem. Also, ex-Hawk player. @#$& Hawthorn!:mad:
Bombers stats:eek::p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back