SC Midfielders 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 premium mids, I'm not going for the top 3 scorers of last year like most will that have 3 starting rnd.1, I usually pick Ablett, Judd and Dal Santo as thier consistent.

Ablett's worth the money especially this year with some good mid priced players so everyone should afford him.

Judd? Well he's gonna miss the first 3 games, Do i risk that or pick him up mid season?, Probably the latter this year.

Dal Santo, Well he is just so beautiful by foot how can ya go wrong.

So Judd's replacement will be Cooney.

all considered the three premiums im going with at the moment:
Ablett (goes with out saying)
Swan (durability sold me, and the massive average, also considering Pendls)
Dal Santo (when he is playing well a SC viking.)

Judd will be an upgrade target.

*thanks to everyone who replied.

Cooney in the middle wth Houli is the backline, or trade cooney down for someone like burgoyne, masten or mcveigh and trade Houli for Gilbee?

Anyone giving Andrew Walker from the Blues any consideration? Something keeps telling me to pick him as my 5th midfielder cause I have the feeling he is going to be this years Andrew Swallow. :thumbsu:

He is a must for his $$$ for the 5th Mid spot IMO. I am not saying this because i barrack for the Blues but if you go back to when he last played close to a full year his scores were in the 90 range from memory and his shoulder has been practically welded into possy and he has had a good pre season and given plenty of time to get ready for this year he also impressed in our Intra club match getting a heap of possies. AW was rested against the Swans in the NAB game but i wouldnt be to concerned about that.

If he stays fit ( which i think he will this year ) he will be an awesome money earner. ;)

Seriously looking at Ball but Swan and Pendles worry me. Add O'Bree, Davis and Didak into the midfield rotations and how much TOG does he actually get? Impressive preseason scores though..and that's tough to ignore. Thoughts?

Seriously looking at Ball but Swan and Pendles worry me. Add O'Bree, Davis and Didak into the midfield rotations and how much TOG does he actually get? Impressive preseason scores though..and that's tough to ignore. Thoughts?

Hmmmm. I think he'll get a great run, Collingwood were adamant in trying to get him. If he wasn't gunna get a run, they woulda picked a kid. I think he'll do fine.

Do you mean in the midfield or on the whole ground? I think the original question was refering to starting on the park in the midfield...

Maybe both could clarify?

for clarity - i have 3 in the midfield, with prob only 1 starting, barlow, martin and banner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think a lot of people will have 4/5 total. martin, trengove, barlow, jetta and bastinac all look very good at this point.

midfield is doing my head in this year.
atm i have gablett and selwood and have narrowed it down to either:
dal santo and stanton OR gibbs and vince. (starting 2 rookies)

midfield is doing my head in this year.
atm i have gablett and selwood and have narrowed it down to either:
dal santo and stanton OR gibbs and vince. (starting 2 rookies)

Doing my head in also. I have selwood also but im steering clear of gazza. Just my gut feeling. Gold Coast distractions. Added pressure. Brownlow hangover. I dunno just a gut feeling.

Too many good rookie midfielders.. Such a headache!

Alot of teams i've seen posted have gone with 2 rookies starting out of Scully, Trengove, Martin and Morabito.

Scully looked ok last night, but Trengove and especially Morabito looked way out of their depth and will probably take a while to adapt to the AFL standard.

Has anybody else reconsidered their midfield structure after last night..????

I thought this when I attended the Melb V W.C.E game at Casey fields, thought, where is he. Scully was the better player then looked at the SC scores and Scully scored 39, while Trengrove scored a solid 61. WTF. lol

Decided to go with:
Trengove and Martin on field.
Barlow and Shuey on bench.

So much value in the midfield rookies this year I couldnt resist having 2 starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back