Schammer 1 week. Can you believe it!

Remove this Banner Ad

yes his carry over points are from him sliding into farren ray and him getting a reprimand for that. that's hardly a bad record - he's never hit someone. i dont actually think he's ever been suspended??

I dont know why you are complaining to me i am telling you how it is. Write a letter to the AFL if you dont agree with it. :rolleyes:

If Murphy had hit Schammer, he would have been reported.

Don't blame Murphy for Schammer losing it.

Murphy was brave and played a terrific game on Saturday night.

It's karma for Suban's soft dive after copping a softer hit from big Bad Nick Stevens.

Suck it up Fremantle.

What goes around, comes around.

The Blues fans still a bit cranky with their insipid side it seems.

Barry Hall vs Matt Maguire?
GF week, rules go out the window.

Murphy's hit was nothing, Schammers wasn't much worse, but he swung around and hit him, pretty silly act with points hanging over his head.

Fremantle will challenge I'd say, they will most likely argue that it wasn't sufficient force to constitute a strike. Who knows what the final result will be though.

Barry Hall didn't get off scot free, he got a repremand also.

The strike got downgraded from level two to level one after an appeal, which reduced the suspension to a reprimand. Quite a joke.

Not sure Fremantle will appeal, rarely successful unless you play for one of AFL House's darling clubs. Will be a waste of time and money. Port don't bother appealing anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The strike got downgraded from level two to level one after an appeal, which reduced the suspension to a reprimand. Quite a joke.

It was a joke. But even if Schammer get's it downgraded, I suspect he's still gone due to carry over points.

On that basis, I'm not sure Freo will appeal.

the main difference is that Marc Murphy is a gutless human being who should take up acting instead of playing football and Byron Schammer didnt fall over to milk a kick.
A punch to the stomach can drop a player pretty easily. Same thing happened to Nick Suban in the pre-season.

[YOUTUBE]QnyF142t8XU[/YOUTUBE]

Stevens got two weeks for that, downgraded to one, due to a poor record. Slightly more off the ball, but the force was similar.

The discussion thread
for that incident shows that most thought the penalty was fair, except Carlton fans who thought that Suban took a dive, and wanted Schammer's little jab to be looked at. Basically the same responses as here, in reverse- strange that.

But the good news for Freo is that Stevens got that punch downgraded from intentional to reckless, and if Schammer does that he may get off his one match suspension I think?

It is very soft, but don't go crying over what Murphy did. It was a free kick and he made sure the ump saw it.

No different to Stevens' 'hit' on Suban. Don't really recall Freo supporters complaining over that decision.... :rolleyes:

A punch to the stomach can drop a player pretty easily. Same thing happened to Nick Suban in the pre-season.

Stevens got two weeks for that, downgraded to one, due to a poor record. Slightly more off the ball, but the force was similar.

The camera obviously misses Suban hitting Stevens first...

I'd have less problems with this report/suspension if

A) Schammer hit Murphy with no provocation (if you're going to have a swing at someone be prepared to cop one back)

or

B) they were both reported/suspended

Irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant when someone says there is no difference between the two instances. Suban would have had no idea a punch was coming from Stevens.

If Murphy did in fact not take a dive then he should have been ready for a shot to come from Schammer. If you dish one out be prepared for one to come back. If a love tap like Schammer's is going to get reported then Murphy should have been reported for his love tap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back