Premiership Player
Suspended
Aug 1, 2006
Premiership City
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dean Cox Sponsor 2007
I got a email today. It is a tad confusing and tough to decify exactly what happened but ill break it down as best I can

Schammer has spent most of the year in reserves losing his spot to the likes of Morabito and McPhee. Despite good WAFL form hes been overlooked for youngsters and he sees his time at Freo up. His agent contacted the Crows football club 2 weeks ago and held a meeting with them to discuss the situation and whether Crows would be interested.

Crows met with Schammers management where it was outlined Schammer wanted a move back to Adelaide with the Crows. Crows dont want to lose any of there top draft picks so are a bit put off, however due to Schammers high wages and Freos need for some cap and list space (to keep GWS away from Barlow etc) Schammers agent pushed the fact that Fremantle are likely to accept any trade involving a pick upgrade. Email didnt specify which pick but id assume 2nd rounder at this stage (ie. Pick "17" for Freos Schammer and pick "30" for example).

Adelaide recently contacted Freo about this and Fremantle were unaware of the meeting. In other words Schammers agent had approached the Crows without first telling Fremantle about it. I dont know whether Crows are interested or Freo want him gone yet. All i Know is Schammer wants a move to the Crows.

I got a email today. It is a tad confusing and tough to decify exactly what happened but ill break it down as best I can

Schammer has spent most of the year in reserves losing his spot to the likes of Morabito and McPhee. Despite good WAFL form hes been overlooked for youngsters and he sees his time at Freo up. His agent contacted the Crows football club 2 weeks ago and held a meeting with them to discuss the situation and whether Crows would be interested.

Crows met with Schammers management where it was outlined Schammer wanted a move back to Adelaide with the Crows. Crows dont want to lose any of there top draft picks so are a bit put off, however due to Schammers high wages and Freos need for some cap and list space (to keep GWS away from Barlow etc) Schammers agent pushed the fact that Fremantle are likely to accept any trade involving a pick upgrade. Email didnt specify which pick but id assume 2nd rounder at this stage (ie. Pick "17" for Freos Schammer and pick "30" for example).

Adelaide recently contacted Freo about this and Fremantle were unaware of the meeting. In other words Schammers agent had approached the Crows without first telling Fremantle about it. I dont know whether Crows are interested or Freo want him gone yet. All i Know is Schammer wants a move to the Crows.

Can anyone shed some light on what sort of players he is? i don't watch much Freo. I would hope were not picking up another player of Schmidt's quality, we need some more a graders.

• Banned
Do we really want the Brent Reilly of Fremantle, when we already have a Brent Reilly of our own?

That reminds me. I left out the funniest part. Schammers agent telling Adelaide of his desires to play up forward. Schammer a forward. Whats he smoking.

Would this be the same Barlow that is contracted until the end of 2012? When GWS no longer have special rights to uncontracted players? And list space? Solomon, Dodd, O'Brien, Thornton and Murphy are already gone and there is a good possibility of at least one senior player retiring.

Umm...

Crows football club

Where do they play?

Schammers high wages

Cos the crows don't need spare cap space to keep Danger et. al?

id assume 2nd rounder at this stage (ie. Pick "17" for Freos Schammer and pick "30" for example).

Even in a normal draft the Crows second rounder is unlikely to be 17 and certainly not this year. And they definitely wouldn't trade away 17 for 30 and Schammer.

Big Cox is just a scatter gun rumor monger. He basically post every rumor he hears or thinks up and then claims glory when one eventually hits (very rarely).

I wouldnt be too worried about this rumor.

Would this be the same Barlow that is contracted until the end of 2012? When GWS no longer have special rights to uncontracted players? And list space? Solomon, Dodd, O'Brien, Thornton and Murphy are already gone and there is a good possibility of at least one senior player retiring.

Fremantle will probably upgrade 4 rookies remember... The list space will be handy. Dodd wont be gone either. Good luck on that one. Barlow may be contracted but if you think he wont want a bumper payrise in the near future your mistaken

Umm...

Where do they play?

Cos the crows don't need spare cap space to keep Danger et. al?

Even in a normal draft the Crows second rounder is unlikely to be 17 and certainly not this year. And they definitely wouldn't trade away 17 for 30 and Schammer.

Big Cox is just a scatter gun rumor monger. He basically post every rumor he hears or thinks up and then claims glory when one eventually hits (very rarely).

I wouldnt be too worried about this rumor.

Hence the quotations. I dont know what each teams 2nd rounder will be. No one does, its round 13 ya flog. Its well known Crows have a ton of cap space. Goodwin, McLeod, Edwards etc have freed them up big time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hence the quotations. I dont know what each teams 2nd rounder will be. No one does, its round 13 ya flog. Its well known Crows have a ton of cap space. Goodwin, McLeod, Edwards etc have freed them up big time

Haha. Still no idea!! Are you really that clueless? No wonder noone listens to you.

The FIRST second round pick for teams other than GCFC will be at BEST 27! We don't know exactly what it will be but we KNOW it won't be 17!

Haha. Still no idea!! Are you really that clueless? No wonder noone listens to you.

The FIRST second round pick for teams other than GCFC will be at BEST 26! We don't know exactly what it will be but we KNOW it won't be 17!

I thought it was 23 for some reason but your harping on about something so far of the point its ridiculous. Im just using a example. No type of trade has been talked about because the clubs havnt even talked yet. All this is is Schamemrs agent pumping up his player and trying to get him to another club. How that happens is irrelevant I spose.

Either way if your to believe Schammers agent where this story is coming from hes gonna come alot cheaper than youd think

Most clueless thing in this thread is clearly Adelaide having no cap space. Search about 5 threads down from this one mate.

Personally i would be annoyed if we gave up one of our first two draft picks although i wouldnt be against trading for Schammer. Maybe a straight swap of Griffin for Schammer.

Personally i would be annoyed if we gave up one of our first two draft picks although i wouldnt be against trading for Schammer. Maybe a straight swap of Griffin for Schammer.

This. He is still pretty young and we wouldn't be losing out in the trade. Other proviso is he gets paid roughly what griff is on.

This coming from the guy who makes up posts like this back in May, 2007

I've seen some of Big Cox's rumours, and they generally miss

Eagles team in 5 years time before drafting

FB: Nicoski Glass B.Jones
CHB: Hurn Staker Stenglein
C: Butler Judd Embley
CHF: Morton M.Brown Waters
FF: Hunter Lynch Armstrong
R: Cox Kerr Selwood
I/C: Rosa Priddis Seaby McKenzie
EMG: Hansen LeCras McNamara

You got every reason to be afraid. I think barring injuries in 5 years time we should have finished top 4 5 years in a row. How many flags we have. Guess we will wait and see

Not that he will come, but we have less than ZERO need for a Schammer type. A grader or nothing. No C graders please

This coming from the guy who makes up posts like this back in May, 2007

I've seen some of Big Cox's rumours, and they generally miss

Not that he will come, but we have less than ZERO need for a Schammer type. A grader or nothing. No C graders please

Who would you be willing to give up for a cooney, Gibbs or Murphy type?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back