Rumour Schammer keen for a move to the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

The only way I can see this being a possibility is if Freo agree to pay a % of his salary as Geelong did when Adelaide traded Ronnies Burns or Schammer agrees to a pay cut prior to him leaving the Dockers. Then and only then should a trade like this be considered 4th Round Straight swap or 3rd Round Upgrade.

Who would you be willing to give up for a cooney, Gibbs or Murphy type?

Proably no one. Which means nothing.

Tip, Danger, Mackay and Knights would be the 4 untouchables.

But thats who it would probably take. So nothing it is.

Do we hope like hell that an out of contract SA player really wants to come home, but not to Port. I do.

Do we hope like hell that an out of contract SA player really wants to come home, but not to Port. I do.

So sounds like you'd give up Vince? he might just get one of those players if he puts in a better 2nd half of the eason.

So sounds like you'd give up Vince? he might just get one of those players if he puts in a better 2nd half of the eason.

I would consider Vince if it was to get us someone like that.

He needs a big 2nd half of the year to show he's grown up a bit!

The others i wouldn't trade em for anything

Unless the names mentioned were G.Ablett, L.Franklin, L.Hodge or N.Riewoldt

But that will never happen. Ever. As all 4 of those are better than the 4 i mentioned.

I'd do Vince for Cooney, Gibbs or Murphy any day of the week.

The problem with a "pick upgrade" is that considering the likely ladder positions of Freo and Adelaide at the end of the season it'll basically be like trading our second round pick for a third round pick. Last thing we need, unless we have some reason to think Schammer is going to be far better than he has been so far.

I don't know what his contract status is, but if he is out of contract he would be a likely delist from Freo, so I'm not surprised his agent is looking for another club.

He can certainly find the footy but his disposal really lets him down, and in today's game turnovers will kill you.

In a draft where early picks are largely taken by GC, and there are slim picking late, he may be worth picking up. No way would I trade Griff who is still pretty young in ruckmen terms and who could turn out to be a very handy player if he improves his intensity.

I thought it was 23 for some reason but your harping on about something so far of the point its ridiculous. Im just using a example. No type of trade has been talked about because the clubs havnt even talked yet. All this is is Schamemrs agent pumping up his player and trying to get him to another club. How that happens is irrelevant I spose.

Either way if your to believe Schammers agent where this story is coming from hes gonna come alot cheaper than youd think

Most clueless thing in this thread is clearly Adelaide having no cap space. Search about 5 threads down from this one mate.

Any truth in the rumour that Butler wants to come home ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can someone in the know get a list going of all out of contract mids?

Id do it but i wouldnt know where to start...

What if we did a swap?!

The universe could implode!

it would... theyll try to offload kepler bradley in a 2 for 1 deal... one spud in, 2 spuds out...

He's only 25, I couldn't see us jumping all over him tho', maybe 3 years ago. His limitations have came out as others have pointed out. Surely his Manager is talking to GC. He'd be ideal as a start up player for them. They are going to need players like that.

Not sure if I would - not because it isn't a good trade for us (it is) but Vince could actually be elite, if he pulled his bloody finger out.

I'd want to trade someone else and get more l33t into the team.

You have to trade talent to get talent

I would, right now, trade Vince and McKernan for Cooney, a proven star and Brownlow medallist. McKernan due to rumbling's he''s not happy and the Dogs could use him as a forward

There is no way in hell the Dogs would straight swap

But if Vince gets back to his form from last year, i'm more than hapy for him to stay

He's only 25, I couldn't see us jumping all over him tho', maybe 3 years ago. His limitations have came out as others have pointed out. Surely his Manager is talking to GC. He'd be ideal as a start up player for them. They are going to need players like that.

He's only 25??? i thought Schammer was 28ish

Not sure if I would - not because it isn't a good trade for us (it is) but Vince could actually be elite, if he pulled his bloody finger out.

I'd want to trade someone else and get more l33t into the team.

I agree that Vince could be elite... but those three already are elite (Cooney and Gibbs more than Murphy, but I still have a lot of time for Murphy) and are all younger than Vince (well, except for Cooney who is 3 days older). I doubt we'd get any of those trades even if Vince had been tearing it up this season anyway.

The only purpose in him coming to the Crows that I can see is for us to be able to use the term "Schammertime", otherwise Pass :p

must be the 2nd half of the season as Big Cox starts to surface with his famous rumours from his range of so called sources

history shows that there is rarely any substance to his rumours

don't get how a player wallowing in reserves (and out of favour at current club) can demand high wages when in search of a new club.

This is coming from a guy who started a thread late last year saying Jonathon Griffin has signed with Sydney, Mark Nicoski has signed a 2 year deal with Richmond, and is currently shopping Mitch Morton around to other clubs. My personal favourite is the thread he started where he's claiming Steven Hill is "69kg of ordinary".

Grain of salt.

Fremantle will probably upgrade 4 rookies remember... The list space will be handy. Dodd wont be gone either. Good luck on that one. Barlow may be contracted but if you think he wont want a bumper payrise in the near future your mistaken

By the time Barlow's contract is up a number of Fremantle's senior players will have retired/be on the veterans list. Money won't be a problem.

Dodd is out of contract and has about 7 or 8 players in front of him for a spot in the 22. The rookies that need elevating are getting games ahead of him now. Of course he'll be gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back