Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 5 - The stroll out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is funny. The LNP having to buy off part of their own mob, using public money, to agree to something that they don't agree with and that will not solve the actual problem. this is Morrison playbook stuff and actually it is another very serious waste of public money and lie to the people.
FDB2C2ED-AFB7-4551-9523-FAD319C26823.jpeg

The thing that concerns me is the narrowness of Oz election outcomes.

All it would take is for something to go wrong at a number of Labor leaning polling booths in a dozen marginal seats and, we are Hungary/Belarus.

Does Morrison fancy himself a Lukashenko?
No... He thinks he is the hand of God.

isn’t she?

when she was announced as AotY, I saw the 5 second grabs of a somewhat emotional GT, saw the photo ops with Morrison.
I thought, telegenic blonde victim prop for the psychopath and despaired.

But she has proven herself to be one of the most impressive and influential public figures to emerge in some time.

wish She could stay on as sort of carry over champion
I thought exactly the same. I have a great amount of admiration for her now.

Been busy last few days… Did the govts shitf***ery make the news?

I only ever see the front pages - I can confirm Harvey Norman are working through their JobKeeper and are still offering interest free terms.

I don’t think Labor did anything bad enough this week to knock Harvey Norman off the front page.

I only ever see the front pages - I can confirm Harvey Norman are working through their JobKeeper and are still offering interest free terms.

I don’t think Labor did anything bad enough this week to knock Harvey Norman off the front page.
Labor didn't IMMEDIATELY match NSW's lockdown end therefore need Andrews to be sacked, put into medieval stocks in Fed Square and made to apoligise to everyone who visits

NSW not following the National Plan? NSW is the National Plan!

Whilst I do think a Labor-Greens coalition would be good in the long term, short term (like 2 elections cycles) I want a Labor majority. Let them prove they can govern, let them get sh*t done, then form the new coalition (not minority government) because the news will destroy any Labor lead minority government particularly if independents are involved
Look, Realpolitik time, yes please, a Labor government with a clear majority will be better able to withstand the inevitable ferocious assault from the Coalition's media attack dogs.

But bigger picture, if we don't get serious about corruption in federal politics immediately, this place is comprehensively farkced, possibly beyond remedy.

So pissing on the Greens, the one party that is actually standing on a platform of implementing measures to clean the mess up, by trying to delegitimise them before they've even had a chance to prove themselves, is a seriously wrong choice.

Penny Wong is so good

She is imho miles the top performer in Parliament by a wide margin - articulate, accurate, focussed and relies on facts rather than spin to make her point. Absolutely destroys anyone in the Senate who tries to debate her.

The great shame is that she is in the Senate and will never get a chance at leadership of her party or the government.

She is imho miles the top performer in Parliament by a wide margin - articulate, accurate, focussed and relies on facts rather than spin to make her point. Absolutely destroys anyone in the Senate who tries to debate her.

The great shame is that she is in the Senate and will never get a chance at leadership of her party or the government.
Politicians have moved from the senate to the house before.

Would love to see her campaigning for pm rather than dj albo

Politicians have moved from the senate to the house before.

Would love to see her campaigning for pm rather than dj albo
Unfortunately for her and us, being a Malaysian Australian lesbian means there's always going to be a glass ceiling to her career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately for her and us, being a Malaysian Australian lesbian means there's always going to be a glass ceiling to her career.

Yep. And that has proven to be true even within her own party and within her own state where religious politics plays a key role in the right faction Shoppies Union. She was famously ousted from top spot on the SA Senate ticket for the 2013 election despite being a senior Cabinet Minister in the Gillard Government.

Yep. And that has proven to be true even within her own party and within her own. She was once famously ousted from top spot on the SA Senate ticket for the 2013 election despite being a senior Cabinet Minister in the Gillard Government.
For Don f***ing Farrell too.

Theres time yet.

Shes 53 and a likeable straight talking politician who cuts through the noise.

In the next ten years the most homophobic demographic will die and stop voting.

And a whole generation that dont gaf about gays and have spent their lives growing up in multicultural classrooms will start voting.

I have hope.

For Don f***ing Farrell too.

Yep - the Don (also known as the Pope) was known as the kingmaker within the SA Labor Party for a long period in the 80s and 90s. I think it was Jay Weatherill who ended his reign when he famously called him out on ABC radio for trying to enter as a candidate for the the 2014 SA election.

It always amazes me that a union that represents those in the retail trades industry should become a vestige of the old religious right DLP in SA. I wonder how many check out operators across SA supermarkets were aware their union fees played a major role in stopping same sex marriage legislation in Australia for so many years and still hampers things like abortion rights and voluntary euthanasia in our state.

ALP should be putting her into a more prominent portfolio rather than foreign affairs which they are trying to avoid as a major talking point. Put her in environment or something that they want front and centre.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep - the Don (also known as the Pope) was known as the kingmaker within the SA Labor Party for a long period in the 80s and 90s. I think it was Jay Weatherill who ended his reign when he famously called him out on ABC radio for trying to enter as a candidate for the the 2014 SA election.

It always amazes me that a union that represents those in the retail trades industry should become a vestige of the old religious right DLP in SA. I wonder how many check out operators across SA supermarkets were aware their union fees played a major role in stopping same sex marriage legislation in Australia for so many years and still hampers things like abortion rights and voluntary euthanasia in our state.
Its a shame -more than ever we need strong unions and arseclowns like de bruijn and cmfeu etc just erode trust in an important institution.

Theres time yet.

Shes 53 and a likeable straight talking politician who cuts through the noise.

In the next ten years the most homophobic demographic will die and stop voting.

And a whole generation that dont gaf about gays and have spent their lives growing up in multicultural classrooms will start voting.

I have hope.
Murdoch press would have a dogwhistle field day with her as LOTO.

But the HARD LEFT!!!!

today‘s “hard left” are quite often advocating positions that are no more radical than the post war consensus.

Some adjustments in terms of emphasis on sustainability rather than rampant growth, but still the inheritors of Atlee and Johnson etc.

today‘s “hard left” are quite often advocating positions that are no more radical than the post war consensus.

Some adjustments in terms of emphasis on sustainability rather than rampant growth, but still the inheritors of Atlee and Johnson etc.
I

S A I D

THE HARD LEFT

- sky news

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back