Scott Selwood, Patrick Dangerfield and Daniel Menzel

Remove this Banner Ad

I have it on very, very good authority that Selwood and Dangerfield are 100% to Geelong. Dangerfield is coaching a juniors football team down Geelong way aswell.

Daniel Menzel was subbed out of the last game and played poorly because he has been suffering from knee tendinitis again since his first game back the week before

Will not name source. Cheers

I have it on very, very good authority that Selwood and Dangerfield are 100% to Geelong. Dangerfield is coaching a juniors football team down Geelong way aswell.

Daniel Menzel was subbed out of the last game and played poorly because he has been suffering from knee tendinitis again since his first game back the week before

None of these would be particularly surprising.

Having suffered debilitating tendinitis in the knees myself (as in killing the tendon tissue and requiring the dead tissue to be removed) I really hope you are wrong, or it isn't that agressive.

Source = sweet chilli?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be a massive campaigner move considering how well Danger has handled himself this year. The Crows obviously want to keep him, but doing that would be a bad choice.

Danger may well want the Crows to get adequate compo. The band 1 the Crows will get won't be sufficient for a player of his quality.

I wouldn't be surprised if the parties agree to leave FA out of it and do a standard trade.

I dare say he is assuming Adelaide will match the offer. Danger is a restricted free agent
Are there limits to how much clubs can front end contracts. For example if they offer 4m over 5 years can they just structure it so its 3.6 mil in the first year and then 100k every year after that?

Are there limits to how much clubs can front end contracts. For example if they offer 4m over 5 years can they just structure it so its 3.6 mil in the first year and then 100k every year after that?

I'm no expert but I think as long as they aren't breaking the cap they can do it however they like.

That would be a massive campaigner move considering how well Danger has handled himself this year. The Crows obviously want to keep him, but doing that would be a bad choice.

yeah - letting Dangerfield go for free would be a massive campaigner move ...

the club will do what is best for the club - no individual is more important

Jesus, not this again. It's only the total value and total years. Structuring is not relevant to matching a RFA offer. What you need to do is go with a 2 year contract and then have a hand shake deal to even it out in the later years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back