Season 2020 opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

A few predictions.

Finish middle range but not in top 8. 10 wins with a poor percentage.
Ollie to have his last year at Port., wearing the Carlton jumper in 2021
Schoey smacks up Farkern in the coaches box...... live.
Picture of a smiling David Koch on front cover of special addition 150th almanac.

Almanac starting price $150.
Reduced to $1.50 following zero sales reported.

A few predictions.

Finish middle range but not in top 8. 10 wins with a poor percentage.
Ollie to have his last year at Port., wearing the Carlton jumper in 2021
Schoey smacks up Farkern in the coaches box...... live.
Picture of a smiling David Koch on front cover of special addition 150th almanac.

Almanac starting price $150.
Reduced to $1.50 following zero sales reported.

Um, if you think it would help I guess I’m a yes...

Some pain... hopefully for long term gain.

Will get some enjoyment out of watching our young guns hopefully continue on with the good development they have shown and watching hinkley presser when he finally gets sacked.

I hope they sack him at half time early in the season.

Not going to be a popular opinion but I think we will Bradbury ourselves deep into finals. Giving ken security in the process! but unless it's a flag I don't know how I'm going to feel about this at seasons end probably still frustrated and angry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unrealistic to expect the draftees to have much of an impact after not playing much in 2019. Let them develop sound bodies for their long term health. Significant improvement will come our other coaches influencing a more progressive gameplan but this relies on Ken taking a backseat. It will also depend on how we utilise all our poorly skilled midfield plodders by supplementing/substituting quicker and/or better skilled types eg Houston, DBJ, Rozee.

Our number 1 priority going forward should be getting as many games into our kids as possible. The List Management Team should be commended for making the tough calls over the past few seasons to get us into this position.

I’m not expecting much from Ken, but hope that Schoey & Monty can nullify some of his incompetence going into their second season as Assistants.

The On-field Leadership Team is somewhat uninspiring. Who would of thought a casual Australia Day water ski could do so much damage?

I’m keeping an extra close eye on young Mitch Georgiades. You heard it hear first, this kid will one day Captain the PAFC!

I don't think we finish bottom 4. We'll still have teams we simply outclass, and we'll still inexplicably pluck a few games off of teams that should beat us.

Somewhere between 6th (if everyone stays fit and our draw doesn't dramatically get harder) and 14th.

We'll hold ground at best.

9th

Hinkley sacked

Worst case scenario: 14th.
Forward half efficiency doesn't improve, we lose our clearance dominance and our backline is left more exposed.
Rozee and Duursma with 2nd year Blues
Robbie looks on his last legs
Westy retires before end of season.
Boak starts declining and struggling with the tag.
Rockliff and Motlop in the SANFL by mid year where theyll end their careers
HH being carried but once again failing to make us better.
Only Bergman of our rookies gets a game, a couple of the others start to shape as busts
SPP again fails to develop and is put well and truly on trade table
Dixon gets injured and we're left with Marshall who struggles to get a kick.
Wines is exposed as too slow and a full preseason doesn't help him regain his form, end of year he seeks a trade.
Our next tier, Farrell continues to struggle finding the footy, Ladhams struggles as 2nd ruck, Drew has an injury ruined year, Garner is seen as the scapegoat for a failing backline under extra pressure this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back